2nd UEFA Charge

BridgeIsBlue

3 hours ago, Sasa_Papac_No1_Fan said:

We will see, apparently fare have reported us for every game last season. 

That’ll be because we will have sang or shouted about Fenians or the Pope at every game, and don’t say we didn’t .

I’ve been to more than enough Rangers games in my lifetime to know it goes on and happily joined in too, until it became obvious it had to stop years and years ago.

In fact that last time I did any of that sort of singing and shouting was in Manchester for the EL final, and that was because it felt like you could get away with it down there.

So it is at least 11 years ago since it felt OK to  sing certain songs without the fear of damaging the club. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, beararse said:

That’ll be because we will have sang or shouted about Fenians or the Pope at every game, and don’t say we didn’t .

I’ve been to more than enough Rangers games in my lifetime to know it goes on and happily joined into until it became obvious it had to stop years and years ago.

Best just to leave it then mate, you obviously don't think there is an issue with fare and UEFA over these charges. Enjoy the game tonight and hopefully we are talking about the draw tomorrow morning.

24 minutes ago, Sasa_Papac_No1_Fan said:

Best just to leave it then mate, you obviously don't think there is an issue with fare and UEFA over these charges. Enjoy the game tonight and hopefully we are talking about the draw tomorrow morning.

Spot on.

Differing opinions but both Rangers fans wanting the best.

Hope we fuck them tonight.

33 minutes ago, Orangeclement said:

But are Red Star being treated the same or because no FARE representative is hiding in the stadium means it didn't happen ?

Why are we being punished now when all last season the same songs were sung yet not one form of punishment . Or again was it because FARE were not at any of our games last season.

Why can't we get all the info from FARE to find out what games they have attended and how many times they have asked for punishments due to rule breaches ? 

Just of the top.of my head we have had around 10 instances of Racism the last few months  in England alone (outwith UEFA jurisdiction) and yet no outcry for shutting down parts of the stadium the offending parties were picked out from cctv and banned . 

Because no one is interested that's why. We are totally a reactice support and out own worst enemy at times whereas the tarriers are proactive and go looking for ways to fuck us over. 

I've posted now in here 4 times on how anyone of us can join Fare, attend games and submit complaints about singing at other grounds. Who was interested, in fact how many people actually acknowledged my posts. I will tell you. NONE. Not one person is interested in fighting back or questioning them, instead they would rather look to blame lie well or the board or anyone else and take the easy way out. 

50 minutes ago, beararse said:

Just call them something that doesn’t knowingly earn sanctions from UEFA.

’Cunt’ would suffice and avoid any punishment. It really is that simple!

Plus, not all celtic fans identify themselves as being a Fenian,  just as all Rangers fans don’t identify themselves as loyalists or Orangemen.

its not as black and white as you make out.

you Need to tell UEFA it’s not all black & white 

40 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

you Need to tell UEFA it’s not all black & white 

That is EXACTLY the problem.

It’s 50 shades of grey, and seldom black or white..

When UEFA  started looking to cut out ‘offending’ they made a rod for their own back as football fans, singing and chanting,  are very different  to society in general.

Football fans go out their way to offend.

Members of the public don’t.

Only  folk who  truly believe they are right and justified in doing so will scream ‘fuck the Pope’ at the top of their voice in public.

Go to a football match and 2/3rds of a full house singing about Fenian blood will have absolutely conviction behind what they are singing. It is habitual and tribal.

That said, UEFA have got involved and cannot possibly back track otherwise they are  seen condoning racism, sectarianism , discrimination.

They should have left  it to the individual associations and/or governments to sort out: after all, a Kosovan or Ukrainian could really give a fuck about the Irish  troubles and vice versa.

They didn’t,  so all clubs need to toe the line or lose out and those with a history and rivalry based on a religious or social  divide will suffer disproportionately.  

5 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

Because no one is interested that's why. We are totally a reactice support and out own worst enemy at times whereas the tarriers are proactive and go looking for ways to fuck us over. 

I've posted now in here 4 times on how anyone of us can join Fare, attend games and submit complaints about singing at other grounds. Who was interested, in fact how many people actually acknowledged my posts. I will tell you. NONE. Not one person is interested in fighting back or questioning them, instead they would rather look to blame lie well or the board or anyone else and take the easy way out. 

I’ve asked numerous times to no response. They are a bunch of corrupt bastards.

I’ve emailed them twice in 3 days. They answer to no cunt 

11 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

The worst part in all this is the board could have used this as an opportunity to get the UBs onside with an informal meeting and used the UBs as the vocal element to not sing certain songs in Europe and have them lead the way with songs that uefa would find acceptable

I believe that the Club has had previous discussions with UB.

8 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

I believe that the Club has had previous discussions with UB.

The Club and the Union Bears will have seen tonight that without them there can still be an atmosphere without compromising the club.

Union Bears will now have to draw a line in the sand, toe the line and get on with it, or risk being excluded again be it by uefa or the club itself.

We managed to 'behave ' tonight regards UEFA I hope?

The fans were up and down overall but when it mattered they boosted our performance, Gerard made a remark post match that rings true  but then if the board need a direction from a guy who has been here a year now and gets it more than them.........

Without going into the rights and wrongs of what was sung and by who (we all know what we need to do) the last few hours has shown up the massive gulf in PR between us and the scum.

Our board threw the fans right under the bus when Uefa came calling.

The tims board went straight onto the defensive when trouble broke out in Sweden. Liewell claiming he will fight it all the way to clear the good name of their fans.

Bottom line, both sets of fans were/are guilty of the offences being lobeyed at them, but by fuck the mhanks will do everything in their power to ensure that no punishments land on their table. 

11 hours ago, DinViesel said:

The Club and the Union Bears will have seen tonight that without them there can still be an atmosphere without compromising the club.

Union Bears will now have to draw a line in the sand, toe the line and get on with it, or risk being excluded again be it by uefa or the club itself.

Last 10 minutes aside showed why we need them. A few outbursts of Derry’s Walls it rotten, Legia fans far louder for the majority.

11 minutes ago, William Moore said:

See folk saying fenian doesnae mean catholic it means irish republican...then why are some calling legia fans fenian bastards? And why was Steve Clarke called a fenian bastard? Well known IRA sympathisers?

Aye he is, comes from a family of them.

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Section closure again pertaining to the second charge

Breaking news

Just now, Sparkle said:

Lighter punishment than we could have got.

Bit of a kick in the balls, but could have been worse.

Think the board did the right thing in offering up the away tickets, as without this I think they were giving us a behind closed doors match.

Just now, ritchieshearercaldow said:

So no away support and the same closure at Ibrox for our next game ?

The club should cancel the request for no away tickets.

I think giving up the away tickets (and our fans behavior last night) is the reason we only got this punishment.

Without that, I think we were getting a closed door punishment.

Just now, ritchieshearercaldow said:

So no away support and the same closure at Ibrox for our next game ?

The club should cancel the request for no away tickets.

Reckon that’s how we got off lightly because we have said we won’t take away tickets. 

Archived