2nd UEFA Charge

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if the board have known about these charges for quite a while and they could've told the fans before the away trip about the impending original charge? My guess is they chose not to. 

Now they're using the celtic trick of voluntarily closing sections (in this case, refusing away tickets) to end up with fines like they did against Linfield.

I've read multiple articles recently about Ajax banner with fenian on it. All of them at the time had quotes from Ajax reading:

"The banner was aimed at Ajax's opponents that night. Uefa imposed a fine of 25,000 euros.
The possible penalty for such an offense is a fine of 50,000 euros plus the closure of some parts of the stadium at the next European home game.
After a prompt and adequate response from Ajax the fine was halved and the partial closure averted. The penalty will be recovered from those responsible."

Who knows, but I have a feeling (even though I'm sure plenty will say they shouldn't have to say) they could've avoided this second bullshit charge. Maybe not. But we know what they're like.

Its not going to matter now, it looks like whatever steps the club or us supporters put in place, someone is going to run and complain!

While at the theatre of screams, the amount of pitch invasions, politically, terrorist loving banners are seen at every European game is seen as fair game, I'm glad I'm no a paranoid Protestant as I would think there is an agenda !!

How can UEFA find us guilty of the same offence twice when the punishment for the first one only came out after the second ( apparently ) incident? Surely one must be allowed time to clean up the singing after been found guilty on the St Joseph's game. We should only be judged based on tomorrow and onward. I'm sure a lawyer could defend that argument.

Also the timing is staged to unsettle the club, players and fans. We are simply not allowed to win.

It took me days to get over last weeks decision to the point I was still deflated going into Paisley. And just when I was excited about tomorrow, this happens. Fuck UEFA and everyone else who is behind this.

The board knew about the initial charge before last Thursday, no news to our fans, left us hanging out to dry for this 2nd charge prior to letting news of the initial charge out .

Using the whole situation to stick the boot into the UB at every opportunity is a disgrace.

Still no fight, we haven’t even been given a sanction yet by the sounds of it and we’ve just decided to surrender an away allocation. Took a whole month for UEFA to charge us for St Joseph’s but just the 6 days and the night before a massive game for this one

Still no clarity from the board on what can’t be sung, myself and most on here know but does the average fan who only attends the odd game and isn’t on a forum know what they can and can’t sing?

Another spectacular failure from this board who seem to rack up a new loss every day whether from Ashley, UEFA, the SFA or a company who want to build a memorial garden. Only thing saving their skins is that they’ve backed the gaffer financially to do what he has us doing on the pitch just now 

3 minutes ago, MarzM said:

I honestly don't understand the reaction from some of the fans on here. What's more important...singing songs about something that happened hundreds of years ago or the future of Rangers? Don't you get it?

THEY ARE GOING TO BAN US FROM EUROPE IF IT CONTINUES??

Plus as for the "we'll give it large on Sunday" mob...We'll get fined for that too.

Aff hoo

Just now, simplythebest said:

Just picturing the Sandbank being all politically correct 

Tbf mate for all our bus and the guys on it are the way they are it's Rangers first for them. Strong words against FARE and trying to get the board to get at then but they'll not be championing things like singing TBB anyway or the fuck uefa stuff 

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

I’ve no doubt some sort of amateur politics is at play here, it’s just getting boring now. People will start walking .

I couldn’t give a shit about songs sang if I’m honest, the board constantly taking it up the arse from media( recent article stating we’re part of cbc)  and the constant sanctions from the compliance officer etc etc. Don’t blame UEFA for wanting to get a few kicks in.

Football for Rangers supporters whilst we have this pathetic board is fucked, time to start walking.

Do you mean walk from the club? 

Pfffft

The board are really fucking the fans over. The fans who have followed the club all over Scotland and Europe. The fans who could have walked away during our lowest points but didn't. The fans who keep buying season tickets. The fans who have remained loyal throughout disastrous managerial appointments. Yes we are guilty of singing "banned songs" but that's been happening for years, I never heard the board telling the fans to stop before punishments were dished out. 

We need a board that accepts responsibility and backs us and the discrimination our fans and the club face on a weekly basis and they should be calling out the people in the media and in positions of power within football organisations that clearly have an agenda against us.

36 minutes ago, geronimoo said:

Was always gonna happen. I dont see why people are complaining about the club, dumb cunts in our support have already made sure 3000 people wont see the game. And sadly the same fans are that stupid that we will be kicked out of Europe and their excuse will be "fans of other clubs do it" fuck other clubs I want my team in Europe and making money and if you're that dumb you don't see you're dragging the club down, then hopefuly the club will ban you from going.

If the the UB aren't happy, then they can go to fuck also.

You're a jumped up wee fanny.

4 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

What majority of people are annoyed at mate, is that we aren’t even bothering to throw a punch.

Actually, the board have barely thrown a punch since they’ve been here. They release statements then shite the bed.

They tried to throw a punch at Ashley and ended up looking like a drunk who missed his target and instead fell flat on his face.

2 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

What majority of people are annoyed at mate, is that we aren’t even bothering to throw a punch.

Actually, the board have barely thrown a punch since they’ve been here. They release statements then shite the bed.

I’m not disagreeing with that at all. But ultimately in a fight between UEFA we won’t be winning that under any circumstances. If the songbook is cleaned up the focus will at least be diverted elsewhere. 

I’ve not hidden away from the fact that there that our exec team & wider board are hideously out of their depth. 

Fucking knew that was coming.

I ask again, why the fuck did this board sit on the original charge of five weeks ago without warning the fans?

Now, have no problem in dropping particular words/songs for the time being, but those incompetent appeasing pricks that run us, get up off their fucking arse and do their fucking job and get all of this sorted. Dog on the fucking table and call it out for what it is. 

Like the 30, 000 Legia supporters and the ref knew what was being sung? So the UEFA observor was who? The Legia fans sang from begining to end, so I'm surprised any cunt could here us, far less understand or cared wtf we sang. I smell shite.

This is simply an orchestrated campaign against us, bad fucking words or not and the appeasers can go fuck themselves.

The board call it out, defend this club and sort it or get to fuck. 

2 minutes ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

Only took 6 days to charge us after Warsaw yet a month after St Joseph’s?

We were charged by UEFA straight after the St joseph’s game but it takes time to go through their disciplinary committee. Likewise we’ve been charged for Warsaw but their disciplinary committee doesn’t sit for a while to determine our punishment 

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

The worst of all this if this witch hunt continues is we can seriously lose Steven Gerrard and that’s absolutely disastrous in every sense of the word. 

That’s what they want, they want to finish us because they didn’t the first time. 

Gerrard ain't no quitter but he must be shaking his head at the way we are treated.

Archived