This Board

scottyc06

1 minute ago, theclothmonster said:

So you're saying having a trusted fans organisation that could amplify the message wouldn't help in this situation? 

I trust the fan organisation and the board to look after the best interests of the club. I gauge from those I've spoken to and what I'm reading that the majority of fans also. They aren't perfect but they are on the side of the club and the fans whose main desire is to see Rangers continue to prosper. What I'm saying is that those who are nursing huge grievances over this and are burying their heads as to the implications of not changing our behaviour are in the minority.

8 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Cunts need their head checked if they expect the board to try to argue with Uefa that fenian bastard should be an acceptable term to use, even though it should.

I imagine if the board had made some sort of effort in highlighting the lopsided nature of selectarianism within Scotland a lot more people wouldn't be digging their heels in.

Just now, don logan said:

I trust the fan organisation and the board to look after the best interests of the club. I gauge from those I've spoken to and what I'm reading that the majority of fans also. They aren't perfect but they are on the side of the club and the fans whose main desire is to see Rangers continue to prosper. What I'm saying is that those who are nursing huge grievances over this and are burying their heads as to the implications of not changing our behaviour are in the minority.

Good for you many don't and see it as an extension of the board, that in itself makes it much less effective at getting a message if it echoes the boards. I haven't spoken to many people who think this board is fit for purpose. Very recently the fans have seen the board make a complete arse of it with the retail and kit sponsorship that will cost the club god knows how many millions, tell me how that was taking decisions that were in the best interest of the club. Retail, sponsorship, marketing, legalities, transparency all areas the club is woefully below par because of an incompetent board, not to mention the reputation of King.

3 hours ago, scottyc06 said:

Read the fucking post, it literally said almost everyone accepted that it had to be cut out! That has nothing to do with how the board have handled this! 

That’s not the case tho’ is it!

If it was accepted by almost everyone we wouldn’t find ourselves in this position

And what exactly have the board done wrong?

Seems to me they have had little choice as they have been backed into a corner by fans who still feel the need to shoehorn ‘Fenian’  into songs despite knowing the trouble it will get them into. 

1 minute ago, beararse said:

If it was accepted by almost everyone we wouldn’t find ourselves in this position

Seems to me they have had little choice as they have been backed into a corner by fans who still feel the need to shoehorn ‘Fenian’  into songs despite knowing the trouble it will get them into. 

That makes no sense, we have been charged last week & almost everybody has accepted that the songbook needs to change as a result! How has anything our fans have done since the charge changed our position? 

Again, read the fucking post to understand what they've done wrong! If this stopped at one charge I would agree with you, the support need to accept what we have done, regardless of meaning etc & realise it had to stop or we were in serious bother... as I've already said, this happened following the first charge (certainly with the majority of the support) The grievance with the board relates to the second charge! 

4 hours ago, Davhow said:

The only morons are the ones still singing the songs. The board are not going to fight AGAINST anti sectarianism. Time for every support to accept we need to stop singing one single fucking word anymore. Why do we need to add it in every song we can anyway? Call them obsessed! 

How are you meant to not sing a song when you haven’t been told not to sing it. 

1 hour ago, don logan said:

Well the board and fan organisation just a rip roaring cunt of that then.  

They dropped the club and it’s fans right in it. 

1 hour ago, beararse said:

They sat on the first charge and didn’t say a fucking word to the fans. 

How anyone can’t see this as gross stupidity is beyond me. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Want to disagree but I cant really.

Im sure they sat on it thinking that it went on all year last year and we never got pulled up, so no chance it would happen again before the result was out.

Has put us up against it, but thankfully we didnt get hauled up over the Danish mob as it could have meant a 3rd offence and out.

At least we have it in our own hands to sort it out.

I still say the fans are the ones this lands at ultimately, but the board are not blameless for the overall situation. 

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Want to disagree but I cant really.

Im sure they sat on it thinking that it went on all year last year and we never got pulled up, so no chance it would happen again before the result was out.

Has put us up against it, but thankfully we didnt get hauled up over the Danish mob as it could have meant a 3rd offence and out.

At least we have it in our own hands to sort it out.

I still say the fans are the ones this lands at ultimately, but the board are not blameless for the overall situation. 

The thing with this Board is it’s got to the point that I don’t know if they are being underhand with us or just plain fucking incompetent. 

On this one I honestly think they sat on it, they have a beef with The UB and we have their let’s all be friends Anyone Everyone. 

They were just looking for an excuse. 

The thing with this Board is it’s got to the point that I don’t know if they are being underhand with us or just plain fucking incompetent. 

On this one I honestly think they sat on it, they have a beef with The UB and we have their let’s all be friends Anyone Everyone. 

They were just looking for an excuse. 

Honestly think that is too sly for the board.

Kinda thing Jap Pete would do. Think this is more incompetence.

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I'm no fan of some of the people on the board but I am certain that they will have been in touch with UEFA trying to get the initial charge dropped/ reduced/ altered or whatever which is why they will have kept it quiet until UEFA  made their final decision.  The delay by UEFA on making public the first charge tells me that I am correct.  UEFA haven't taken a week to act on the second charge which is why the board have had to be seen to do something so quickly.    I can only hope the penalty for this second charge is limited at the very worst to the closure of only one stand and not as some appear to expect, the closure of the stadium for the next game.

Just now, JCDBigBear said:

I'm no fan of some of the people on the board but I am certain that they will have been in touch with UEFA trying to get the initial charge dropped/ reduced/ altered or whatever which is why they will have kept it quiet until UEFA  made their final decision.  The delay by UEFA on making public the first charge tells me that I am correct.  UEFA haven't taken a week to act on the second charge which is why the board have had to be seen to do something so quickly.    I can only hope the penalty for this second charge is limited at the very worst to the closure of only one stand and not as some appear to expect, the closure of the stadium for the next game.

You think this Board fought UEFA on the term Fenian Bastard 😂😂

UEFA didn’t delay, that’s the time it takes them for a club to be citied until they deliver any punishment. 

The Board fucked  us over this, by my thinking they thought sit on it we get a simple fine and it gives us a chance to put the boot in. They then find themselves with a closure punishment right out of the blue and suddenly they are fucked because they didn’t tell us to stop sing TBB, and looky looky here comes charge 2 and it’s panic stations so they throw us under the bus again and refuse away tickets. 

Shambles from start to finish just everything else they do. 

You think this Board fought UEFA on the term Fenian Bastard 😂😂

UEFA didn’t delay, that’s the time it takes them for a club to be citied until they deliver any punishment. 

The Board fucked  us over this, by my thinking they thought sit on it we get a simple fine and it gives us a chance to put the boot in. They then find themselves with a closure punishment right out of the blue and suddenly they are fucked because they didn’t tell us to stop sing TBB, and looky looky here comes charge 2 and it’s panic stations so they throw us under the bus again and refuse away tickets. 

Shambles from start to finish just everything else they do. 

I never said that the Board fought UEFA on the words, my point was that I believe they will have been in contact with UEFA about the first charge to try to reduce the penalty.   They don't need to tell anyone not to sing TBB we have all known for years that UEFA frown on  that song and some of our other ditties.  

5 hours ago, scottyc06 said:

Seriously, what an absolute disgrace that board is! Get them to fuck!  

The overwhelming majority accepted that we had to alter what we sing following the decision from UEFA to close part of the ground & agreed to kick out those songs in Europe! 

Now we are facing a second charge for something that happened before we had even got our first charge???? Not buying that! They fuckers have known about this before last Thursday, failed to act on it & have now went to UEFA with a solution of accepting no tickets for our next away game, why?! Why are they not allowing them to provide us with a punishment?! 100% an attempt to save face because they have fucked it for the fans by not bringing the charge to our attention before we have racked up a 2nd charge!! 

They also have the absolute brass neck to fully come out and put the blame on those in BF1, despite there being much more than them singing that night! 

All this in our most important season since we went for 10IAR! Self preservation over the good of the club, exactly what they were fighting against to get control of the club! 

Fuck them! 

Haven't read the rest of the thread but I'd say it is more likely that FARE have been sitting on this and saving it for the Home leg of the Play-Offs. Holding onto it for when it could hurt us the most. That would be why the first charge was brought almost 6 weeks after the match and the 2nd charge is brought almost immediately after it happened.

8 hours ago, GOAT said:

And it’s our boards job to fight it.  If they lose, they lose.  But the fact is, our board know what they are doing, they don’t want the PUL element at ibrox.  Well I don’t want they nationalist appeasing, fenian appeasing bastards at my club. 

I do agree that the club should be pushing back but I think even more effort should be spent lobbying UEFA re the bheasts. Whataboutery or not. petty? probably. but it's the only way to even things up.

6 hours ago, YearsofWar said:

Haven't read the rest of the thread but I'd say it is more likely that FARE have been sitting on this and saving it for the Home leg of the Play-Offs. Holding onto it for when it could hurt us the most. That would be why the first charge was brought almost 6 weeks after the match and the 2nd charge is brought almost immediately after it happened.

Doesn’t hide the fact the Board sat on that first charge and only have themselves to blame for the mess we find ourselves in on the 2nd charge. 

6 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

I never said that the Board fought UEFA on the words, my point was that I believe they will have been in contact with UEFA about the first charge to try to reduce the penalty.   They don't need to tell anyone not to sing TBB we have all known for years that UEFA frown on  that song and some of our other ditties.  

So can you tell us the charges and fines from last year and you show us the Board telling us last season about the bad words. 

9 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

How anyone can’t see this as gross stupidity is beyond me

Similarly you’d have had to have been living under a rock these past 10-15 years if you didn’t realise or understand that certain words and/or songs were eventually going to land us in trouble.

Whilst the judgement may have,  the subject matter certainly hasn’t came out the blue.

I defend the use of the word Fenian, but just because I think I can justify its use doesn’t mean it’s acceptable or give me  the unchallenged right to do so.

I also happen to use the word ‘paki’ from time to time , out of habit more than anything else, but  it I wouldn’t dream of using it in public as I know it is not socially acceptable anymore and will cause offence.

Whatever some (many even) in the Support might think King and his Board are in a position of absolute strength.   Untouchable even.   They can do as much or as little as it pleases them to do on any subject (provided its legal of course).   Sure they hear critical voices, noisy protests, tempers flared and so on from around the Support.   Cuts no real ice with them though.   No need for them to take it too seriously.  After all record number of STs are sold and there is apparently a very healthy waiting list for them.   I'm not even sure they are all that bothered if we win any trophies this season.   I don't detect any passion coming out of them on being successful.    

So there's a bit of turbulence with FARE and UEFA.  And we lose some revenue by having to close some sections of the ground for a game.  And maybe yet have to lose even more revenue if a ground closure penalty is applied.  And some more if we are turfed out of the competition.    They can probably put up the price of next seasons STs to help compensate and if some walk away then there is that healthy waiting list to replace them.     No sweat for the Board although there would probably be some sweat if the same behaviours started to cause domestic football authorities to start to make noises about following UEFA's lead.

Because they are untouchable I think they are now setting about taking on the Support and taking whatever action they can devise and deploy to bring the Support into complete obedience on the subjects which FARE and UEFA are taking action on.  Except that I think King and his Board will then voluntarily extend the UEFA-type sanctions into domestic games until they have gotten enough of a compliance from the Support to be able to say they have created in the Support amended behaviours that are Persil-clean both in FARE/UEFA terms and in the eyes of the Scottish football authorities and politicians.   

Their position of untouchable power gives them a platform to take on those in the Support they feel they need to take on in order to get compliance.     The notices from them this week are setting out their red lines and setting out the challenge to the Support.     Will it be a short battle, or is there an extended campaign to be played out.   If they really are intent on enforcing the same behaviours at domestic games with sanctions for failing to comply then this could take a while to play out.    Doesn't make King and his Board any more untouchable though...…..they can take as long as they want.

13 hours ago, theclothmonster said:

I imagine if the board had made some sort of effort in highlighting the lopsided nature of selectarianism within Scotland a lot more people wouldn't be digging their heels in.

White flag has been put up inplace of the union jack tonight