Were Our Club Owners Complicit And/Or Aware That Pressure Would Come Upon Us For Singing Certain Songs ??

tannerall

Were our club owners complicit and/or aware that pressure would come upon us for singing certain songs this season ?

And is it possible that they welcome it, and are happy  UEFA to do the dirty, for them ?

Either way, can't see them protesting or deflecting overmuch against this sudden scrutiny, whilst all sorts of shit involving the likes of cellic and other teams takes place in matches all over Europe, yet appears to be ignored or under punished. 

Just now, tannerall said:

Were our club owners complicit and/or aware that pressure would come upon us for singing certain songs this season ?

And is it possible that they welcome it, and are happy  UEFA to do the dirty, for them ?

Either way, can't see them protesting or deflecting overmuch against this sudden scrutiny, whilst all sorts of shit involving the likes of cellic takes place in matches allover Europe. 

Thing u hit the nail on the head with this post. All pretty much spot on in my eyes. 

The enemy within indeed

4 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Thing u hit the nail on the head with this post. All pretty much spot on in my eyes. 

The enemy within indeed

Not necessarily the enemy within, 

The board will always strive to look after their own interest, the club's interest, the fan's interest, (probably in that order, sorry to be so cynical, just what I think).

Perhaps they believe it is in the best interest of themselves, the club and the fans ?

Just now, tannerall said:

Not necessarily the enemy within, 

The board will always strive to look after their own interest, then the club's interest, then the fan's interest, (probably in that order, sorry to be so cynical, just what I think).

Perhaps they believe it is in the best interest of themselves, the club and the fans ?

Was maybe a bit harsh but yes I believe they look after themselves first regardless of harm to the club and certainly the fans.

7 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Can't really see the point in arguing with the board, UEFA are the masters in all of this mess. Diverting attention to the board achieves absolutely nothing, when it is quite simple that certain elements of our support need to can it and quickly or we are in serious shit.

Yes, a very good point. I agree. I actually believe the board have little control on this issue, and are too close to the problem, which probably divides the support too, and prefer to have it sorted by another authority, which might be in the better interest for our board and club, but not all of the fans.

1 hour ago, Misteral said:

It really doesn't matter if the board are complicit, though, I think the OP is stretching things.  Anyway,  it's a UEFA thing now.  If we don't comply we WILL suffer even more unfortunately

Agree with your post, and yes I was stretching it to get reaction and opinion, as this now means there is an obvious clash between our culture and our club, which I believe will become a big issue in the current state of affairs, and some fans may need to re-appraise which is the more important. 

Interesting at this point where Rangers fans are being forced to make these decisions regarding "culture versus club" that the cellic fans are being allowed more and more leeway towards a more extreme culture, with no complaint by their club, (or anyone else in politics,media and UEFA.  Fenians inded !!). 

I find not liking a culture that has been guilty of some of the greatest crimes against humanity on record from the false decrees to attempt to rule Europe to the inquisition,to the convert or die attitude during the holocaust in Croatia  at jasenovac (google it,even the nazis were disgusted) to the official decree to cover up child abuse to the Duplessis orphans (Google it) to be a positive outlook,any sensible person would 

56 minutes ago, Tom0411 said:

Is it just me but Liewell joins UEFA, tims employ a PR company, things getting worrying for them re press starting to at last get a grip about the abuse (not necessarily in that order), then out of left field comes all this?

It’s not just you mate🇬🇧👍🏻

2 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Can't really see the point in arguing with the board, UEFA are the masters in all of this mess. Diverting attention to the board achieves absolutely nothing, when it is quite simple that certain elements of our support need to can it and quickly or we are in serious shit. Imagine missing out on UEFA money for getting to the group stage due to banning?? That is a serious prospect.

The support weren't even given an opportunity to "can it" before receiving a second charge & us refusing tickets for our next away game! 

The minute this came out the majority of the support said ok, we will cut out those songs, yet because of the delay in the board relaying that to the support we are now further down the line & closer to being kicked out of Europe! You're right though, we shouldn't have any grievances with the board! 

21 minutes ago, heathen fish boy said:

I find not liking a culture that has been guilty of some of the greatest crimes against humanity on record from the false decrees to attempt to rule Europe to the inquisition,to the convert or die attitude during the holocaust in Croatia  at jasenovac (google it,even the nazis were disgusted) to the official decree to cover up child abuse to the Duplessis orphans (Google it) to be a positive outlook,any sensible person would 

Your problem is that UEFA is dominated by countries that believe that culture to be ok.

Their ball.

Their rules.

Don’t take this as disagreeing with what you said, by the way.

1 hour ago, heathen fish boy said:

I understand your point on this , the RC church and other religions etc have been guilty of many atrocities and disgusting offences but it has nothing to do with our football club and I don't think it is anything to sing about. 

Rangers Football Club was founded in 1872 and was seen as a protestant/ unionist club.

This is 2019 and the World has moved on from that era whether you like it or not. Things were acceptable then are not now. Racism, sectarianism, sexism are all banned and there are groups monitoring every area imaginable for any hint of anyone crossing the line on any of these areas. The west coast of Scotland seems to be stuck in a time warp where some of these ism's are concerned. 

I would ask those who continue to sing the offending songs, despite repeated requests from the club and others to stop, is your allegiance to outdated religious hatred more important than our Football Club?