Were Our Club Owners Complicit And/Or Aware That Pressure Would Come Upon Us For Singing Certain Songs ??

tannerall

16 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Can't really see the point in arguing with the board, UEFA are the masters in all of this mess. Diverting attention to the board achieves absolutely nothing, when it is quite simple that certain elements of our support need to can it and quickly or we are in serious shit. Imagine missing out on UEFA money for getting to the group stage due to banning?? That is a serious prospect.

Well said sir

2 hours ago, Bertent said:

Think this is part of a ploy by The Tax man to lance an annoying boil, in his eyes, the noise coming from his drones attacking the group and justifying the silence set alarm bells for me.

Authentic frontier gibberish 

The club have asked and pleaded with the fans to stop this for as long as I can remember.... The warnings were ignored.... This is the result.

Some of our fans need to take a long hard look at themselves and think about the consequences of their actions instead of blaming everyone else and pointing fingers elsewhere 

50 minutes ago, mrmojorisin said:

Authentic frontier gibberish 

The club have asked and pleaded with the fans to stop this for as long as I can remember.... The warnings were ignored.... This is the result.

Some of our fans need to take a long hard look at themselves and think about the consequences of their actions instead of blaming everyone else and pointing fingers elsewhere 

Ive looked long and hard and can see your pure loyal, the simple fact that the loyalists (to the board) have not between them issued a list of banned words that theyve agreed on tells me quite a bit.

But the tax man thanx you for your unquestioning support and money  

21 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

Was maybe a bit harsh but yes I believe they look after themselves first regardless of harm to the club and certainly the fans.

Are the board harming the club?  They’ve given us Steven Gerrard and a squad that can potentially win the title.

21 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Can't really see the point in arguing with the board, UEFA are the masters in all of this mess. Diverting attention to the board achieves absolutely nothing, when it is quite simple that certain elements of our support need to can it and quickly or we are in serious shit. Imagine missing out on UEFA money for getting to the group stage due to banning?? That is a serious prospect.

Some would have us protesting the board at a time when we’re about to end celtic’s dominance of the domestic game.  Win on Sunday and we’ll go top of the league.  Forget the board, and back the team.

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

Some would have us protesting the board at a time when we’re about to end celtic’s dominance of the domestic game.  Win on Sunday and we’ll go top of the league.  Forget the board, and back the team.

Always have done mate,until now:guns:

11 minutes ago, TMB said:

Are the board harming the club?  They’ve given us Steven Gerrard and a squad that can potentially win the title.

Is this a serious question given all the shit that's happened with Ashley etc of it is a serious question your heads well fucking gone and needs removed from King's arse 

21 hours ago, tannerall said:

Were our club owners complicit and/or aware that pressure would come upon us for singing certain songs this season ?

And is it possible that they welcome it, and are happy  UEFA to do the dirty, for them ?

Either way, can't see them protesting or deflecting overmuch against this sudden scrutiny, whilst all sorts of shit involving the likes of cellic and other teams takes place in matches all over Europe, yet appears to be ignored or under punished. 

It's a good point I always felt Murray was happy for them to take the flak while (as he saw it) improving his product. It's perhaps a very dangerous game to play because as with a lot of big faceless bureaucracy once uefa really start there may just be no stopping them ... and who knows perhaps they even smell blood dealing with our most British of clubs because of our new PM's more bolshy brext? 

See to be honest the board have asked us for years not to sing the songs and we have ignored them. We have nobody to blame but ourselves sadly. I just hope that everybody takes heed and cuts it out because one more charge and we will be excluded it’s as simple as that. 

Are the board that rich that losing millions in ticket revenue doesn't bother them? Are they willing to get Ibrox closed down for Euro games and possibly thrown out of Europe, risking the millions they have invested in the Club? I think not.

I don't trust men in suits after all the troubles we have been through in the last few years but blaming our ills on the board when FARE are clearly out to get us seems bizarre. The taigs and FARE will be loving that the spotlight is off them and that we are attacking those who bankroll us.

Aware beforehand?   I doubt it.   But....they should have done a lot more to anticipate how FARE and UEFA would react.    A competent set of directors and execs would regularly consider the risks / issues / opportunities which are certain / probable / possible / likely / remote etc for the types of risk the club could face each season.     They've known from past events and from current approach of FARE that the potential for a real problem was there.   What did they do to anticipate it and what mitigations did they implement with the Support / Supporters Groups etc.    Fuck all.   They were caught with their pants down and their corporate cheeks are being spanked raw as a result.    Only for the incompetents to pass the punishment - and all of the blame - on to the Support.

Do they welcome it?    Their public facing messaging will suggest they don't welcome it.   But privately my suspicion is they do.  Because external 3rd party leverage in the form of FARE and UEFA sanctions with the Support venting anger at FARE and UEFA gives them the opportunity to take the Support head on and force the issue to be comprehensively confronted.  The options being put to the Support being comply or don't bother coming to Rangers games as your not wanted.     Having got into that mode for the European competition the Board can then go much further and make it clear they will voluntarily apply the same sort of UEFA types of sanctions at domestic games ………. because they are not going to tolerate the risk of a twin track behaviour approach of squeaky clean for European ties and no holds barred for domestic games.     

They are turning what seems to me to have been a FARE / UEFA ambush they weren't expecting into an opportunity to deal with it not just in European games but in domestic games.  And they calculate that if that means losing some supporters along the way then they bank on the large waiting list for STs as the means to replace them.    It becomes a season of discontent as this plays out.    Creating the very best opportunity for achieving football success this season then risks becoming a casualty in all of this if this drags on and on.       

On 28/08/2019 at 20:07, Supersonic said:

They have to have known of the 1st charge.

Could've at least tried to avoid this 2nd charge by making fans aware in no uncertain terms.

The ‘Everyone Anyone’ campaign was as subtle as a brick. Clearly I’m response to UEFA charges.

What they should have done was announce a full on ban on offending songs and threatening offenders with ejection and bans.

They didn’t. 

Behave for fucks sake. Every one of us knew this would bite us in the arse in the end.

back in the day "I'd rather be a d@£&ie than a Tim" was a giggle, damn few of us would do it now. Times have changed and we must too,  realistically most of us ain't that interested in religion,  I sang the songs and loved it back in the 70s, love TBB, last sang it publicly in Manchester  when a woman in the pub told me I would get the club into trouble. It's been going on that long.

no way on Earth can we blame this on the board, it's ourselves to blame. We must change.