People in glass houses

Thermopylae

22 hours ago, Robmc1 said:

Never said that, my initial post was sarcastic. I honestly don’t  care what they sing at their ground, I do not get offended (whatever that means) by songs or bad words. Not sure about your comment about being ‘beneath me’ but you couldn’t pay me to tune in to one of their games with the volume up, awaiting offence...

FARE on the other hand have reported Rangers for being ‘offensive’ on numerous occasions therefore they (I would presume)  at least claim to monitor celtic or other Scottish teams playing in Europe or is it only Rangers?  If their reporting is indeed consequential to Rangers latest punishments and they continue to pursue us, in my mind it is incumbent on the current board and therefore guardians of the club (for gravitas and credibility) to seek clarity and question parity in their reporting process, methods and standards. I think all the majority of fans are looking for is parity.

Hopefully the singing which is now tangibly harming the club will now stop and we can end these costly distractions and concentrate on supporting the team to a hopefully successful season...

As far as I'm aware fare have never reported the ira's sporting wing for offensive behaviour which is staggering 

23 hours ago, The Dude said:

When was the last time the Scottish FA, SPFL, SPL or SFL took any action on singing?

They will soon tho, to stay in line with UEFA, and guaranteed it will be us that get hit first and when we point out the taigs songs theyll call it tit for that, better the club take the initiative and highlight their behaviour first rather than us having to return the serve

Just now, Willis said:

They will soon tho, to stay in line with UEFA, and guaranteed it will be us that get hit first and when we point out the taigs songs theyll call it tit for that, better the club take the initiative and highlight their behaviour first rather than us having to return the serve

Then why haven't they moved in line with UEFA at any point in the last 15 years or so they've used strict liability(which is what this is)?

On 29/08/2019 at 16:12, Thermopylae said:

I hope we record every little squeak made by the great unwashed on Sunday and then go through it post match with a fine tooth comb ... no more mr nice guy with this mob look where it has got us!

Hopefully someone takes a parabolic mic and records everything the cunts say.

Any birdwatchers going to the game on Sunday? 

Just now, rabc10000 said:

I thought all bar 2 or 3 clubs voted against bringing in strict liability?? 

There's no strict liability in Scottish football.

UEFA however DO operate with strict liability. Which is why they're fucking us just now while the SFA and SPFL do nothing. Same reason they never said a peep about their 'fenian army' banner.

On 29/08/2019 at 16:12, Thermopylae said:

I hope we record every little squeak made by the great unwashed on Sunday and then go through it post match with a fine tooth comb ... no more mr nice guy with this mob look where it has got us!

Nice sentiment but in 2 games since the allocation was cut I’ve not been able to hear a peep from them and don’t expect Sunday to be any different.

6 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

Nice sentiment but in 2 games since the allocation was cut I’ve not been able to hear a peep from them and don’t expect Sunday to be any different.

They must  make some sort of noise? Surely we have the technology to record their filth 

5 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

Heard one rendition of the fella that was shot going to a Gaelic ground at half time and that's It lol

10 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

I thought all bar 2 or 3 clubs voted against bringing in strict liability?? 

Of the 42 clubs across all divisions of the SPFL only 3 voted in favour of strict liability.  There is no strict liability in Scottish football.  The clubs can’t be held accountable for the actions of the fans.  In Europe it’s completely different.

2 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Ok, so who decides whether “fenian” is a race, religion or none of the above. What about “Orange”? What are the rules on singing about proscribed organisations?

UEFA taking their lead from relevant domestic bodies. Given the UK justice system finds fenian to be a sectarian term, then there is little wiggle room. 

Singing about proscribed organisations tends to come under 'illicit' chants