*****Official Europa League Group Stage Draw*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, moorw003 said:

No away tickets for Feyenoord, correct.

Why are you certain it will be Feyenoord? Last season our first game was Villarreal, the top seed which would make it Porto this year if that's what determines it.

I think that is a good draw for us.   The managers and players of each of our opponents will have seen what we've done last season, seen what we've done in qualifying this season, and seen how Gerrard has strengthened the squad for this season. And having taken note, may well have concluded that they'd all prefer it if Rangers was not in this group.   Seems to me it quite possible they will all reckon we are very capable of playing a type of game that gets wins home and away.     I don't think any of them will fancy the games against us.    

We can qualify from this group. 

Happy with the draw the bigger the club the better nights they are.

this will be a tough test for us, Porto are a CL side Feyenoord and young boys are a step up from Legia so it’s a tough ask.

It will give us a yard stick on where we have to improve for the Champions aLeague next season.  yass!

Feynoord started slow with 3 draws this season but with players lile Berghuis, Toonstra and that big Jorgensen up top they are a big threat.

Porto got off to 2 wins and a draw in their league. They are a last 32 champions league team with qaulity and experience from back to front with the likes of Pepe and Mbemba at the back then attacking players like Alex Telles, Marenga etc. Soild team. Lost their best player this year in Brahimi.

Young boys have started fast this year. Top of the league. Watched them play Crystal Palace this year and altgough it was a friendly they were technically brilliant. Big French lad Horaru up top will be a handful. Sulejmani is a cracking wee creative wide player and the yoing boy in midfield Gaudinho is good.

We have a chance if we perform - a bit like ourselves Feyenoord and Porto are not the forces they were a few years ago but are pretty decent. None of the teams will be looking forward to Ibrox. There are no easy games at this level though. I think celtic have an easier group than us. Lazio are favourites but I'd fancy them against cluj or rennes but their away form is so poor who knows. 

8 minutes ago, stevemac said:

You mad? Cluj are shite as are rennes, piss easy group for them imo

How can you think that?   Cluj already beat them, Rennes are top of the league winning all three games and beating PSG and Lazio should be too good.   

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

What I like about this group is that they’re all footballing sides and none are likely to be defensive against us, should allow us to play our best football 

That's a great point, and I think we are all fairly evenly matched so will be a close group and should have some cracking games.

6 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Feynoord started slow with 3 draws this season but with players lile Berghuis, Toonstra and that big Jorgensen up top they are a big threat.

Porto got off to 2 wins and a draw in their league. They are a last 32 champions league team with qaulity and experience from back to front with the likes of Pepe and Mbemba at the back then attacking players like Alex Telles, Marenga etc. Soild team. Lost their best player this year in Brahimi.

Young boys have started fast this year. Top of the league. Watched them play Crystal Palace this year and altgough it was a friendly they were technically brilliant. Big French lad Horaru up top will be a handful. Sulejmani is a cracking wee creative wide player and the yoing boy in midfield Gaudinho is good.

Sulejmani was highly rated years ago and got a big money move to Benfica and flopped that’s how he’s in Switzerland. Hoarau is that old cunt that used to play for PSG, he wasn’t even that good in his prime. They are beatable, Swiss football isn’t up to much.

Archived