*****Official Europa League Group Stage Draw*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, the old guard said:

Note to anyone going to feyenoord, make sure your in the away end, I got the shit kicked oot me when Neil McCann scored the first goal, never again there mental! 

You one of the 2 Bears that leapt  into the moat. 😂😂

4 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Feynoord started slow with 3 draws this season but with players lile Berghuis, Toonstra and that big Jorgensen up top they are a big threat.

Porto got off to 2 wins and a draw in their league. They are a last 32 champions league team with qaulity and experience from back to front with the likes of Pepe and Mbemba at the back then attacking players like Alex Telles, Marenga etc. Soild team. Lost their best player this year in Brahimi.

Young boys have started fast this year. Top of the league. Watched them play Crystal Palace this year and altgough it was a friendly they were technically brilliant. Big French lad Horaru up top will be a handful. Sulejmani is a cracking wee creative wide player and the yoing boy in midfield Gaudinho is good.

Hopefully on Sunday after we have scudded the peados these teams will be wary of coming to us too with the great start to the season we've had.

2 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

That's a great point, and I think we are all fairly evenly matched so will be a close group and should have some cracking games.

Aye looking forward to it, hope we’re taking tickets for Porto that’s the away trip I fancy.

1 minute ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Sulejmani was highly rated years ago and got a big money move to Benfica and flopped hence. that’s how he’s in Switzerland. Hoarau is that old cunt that used to play for PSG, he wasn’t even that good in his prime. They are beatable, Swiss football isn’t up to much.

Both of those players are good enough to cause us problems. Young Boys are no mugs. They won their league by 20 points last season.

9 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

What I like about this group is that they’re all footballing sides and none are likely to be defensive against us, should allow us to play our best football 

It’s very similar to last year in that respect. However the group is definitely one of the toughest and we’ll do well to qualify.

Porto should run away with it, so the games between Feijenoord and Young Boys will be key. I think 7/8 points will be enough to qualify in 2nd place 

Young Boys are in the same kind of ballpark as Midtjylland and Legia imo, a technically good team that could beat us and will cause us problems but one that we are definitely capable of beating ourselves.

Feyenoord are usually a CL team but they've had a poor start and weren't great last season, would say if anything they are a slightly easier game than Spartak last year.

Porto are clear group favourites but theres a always the chance they might not take it as seriously and I would still fancy our chances at Ibrox.

It’s a tough group but isn’t that what we want?

I hate the look at where we were posts but five years ago we were getting scudded off of Alloa in the Ramsdens Cup and now we are in the Europa League group stages with two sides in our group who were in the champions league proper last season and we all think we have a fighting chance of getting out of the group.

Brutal waiting on the fixtures I know it’s only been half an hour.  Thoughts on the group, Porto if they take it serious will romp it and it’s a toss up out the other 3. We have to win our home games. 

Just now, the old guard said:

Wish I could have mate, there hatred towards us was Unreal. 

Scariest game I’ve ever been to, seriously thought there was no way we were getting out. Cunts with machetes banging on the aide of the Bus on the way up to the stadium.  Then that fucking cage, to protect us. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Scariest game I’ve ever been to, seriously thought there was no way we were getting out. Cunts with machetes banging on the aide of the Bus on the way up to the stadium.  Then that fucking cage, to protect us. 

Fucking geez some of that!!! 

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

It’s a tough group but isn’t that what we want?

I hate the look at where we were posts but five years ago we were getting scudded off of Alloa in the Ramsdens Cup and now we are in the Europa League group stages with two sides in our group who were in the champions league proper last season and we all think we have a fighting chance of getting out of the group.

Yeah, at the end of the day we want to give a good account of ourselves but it's just a fun bonus imo, getting to the group stage was what we hoped for so now we can just enjoy it.

1 minute ago, simplythebestest said:

To any bears considering an away trip with a day or two either side of the game, Porto is a fucking cracking wee city. Feyenoord on the other hand is rancid.

Only good thing about Feynoord is it’s quick run up to Amsterdam on the train. 

Archived