Keep it Up Barisic

RockwellGers

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

To do it once is great. To do it twice exactly the same way when the keeper knows where it is going is magnificent.

Edit: actually make it three - St Joseph's

In the pre match warm ups he takes a few minutes to hit FKs and literally every single one he sticks in the top corner 😂

45 minutes ago, TMB said:

He’s the best LB in the country.  It’s not even up for debate anymore. 

Those free-kicks are deadly.  Right in to the top corner.  Boom.

It's amazing what a bit of confidence has done for him.  

He's fantastic and fully deserving that left back spot

I'm really pleased for him. Apparently he trained hard during his "holiday" time in the off season and he's been doing well in training and his hard work is paying off and it seems like he actually wants to be here and do well. I hope his form continues because it's like having a new signing.

Really glad for him .

Had a bit of a rough first season with the fans not taking to him , and , perhaps , the manager unsure about him , but he's taken it all square on the chin , knuckled down and showing a consistency to prove why we were after him in the first place . Some of those crosses into the opposition box are top quality and we now have a real threat with free kicks just outside the box .

I think we've , at last , sorted out the LB position .

Proved me wrong. He's also at the point now where it's not even just a game or two now, it's been 4/5 games in a row where he's been consistently great. 

I said in the summer, the title this season is going to depend on 3 players and that was Barisic, Aribo and getting Kent back. We have Barisic stepping up, we have Kent back, now we just need Aribo to find consistency and nail his spot in the team. He's shown glimpses but has drifted out of games too many times. Hopefully when he gets back into the fold he seizes it. 

46 minutes ago, RobertN said:

Quality free kick unsaveable 

Beckham does that you never hear the end of it

Great threat to have in our team

If Messi has scored that goal against St.Mirren it would be called ‘world class’.  Right in the fucking corner it went.  

18 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

I have not read the thread so sorry if it has already been pointed out, but he should be more or less guaranteed a place in the team with the quality he has ably demonstrated with the direct free kick.

His defending and attacking play has been brilliant.  Crossing is exceptional.  Free-kicks top class.  He looks a very complete player right now.  

2 minutes ago, Mclean RFC said:

That is just unfair on halliday , up until recently he was our top performer at left back due to barisic being off form.

Halliday would be a fine captain.

Halliday’s performance away to Livingstone was horrific and I suspect his last in a Rangers jersey.  He’s able to sign a precontract with another club in January.  I think Kilmarnock would be a good fit TBH.

Archived