Keep it Up Barisic

RockwellGers

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, bennyali said:

He should be on all free kicks and corners ahead of Tav

Barisic can also take penalties.  He scored a few for Osijek.  I think one is on Youtube against PSV.  Maybe he should be taking those too as Tavernier’s confidence seems to be low.

But,.    but,      but,  was it not that long ago that folk were calling to get rid of him.

He really has progressed since those days not long ago and had another outstanding performance today.

Where some have progressed, alas, some have regressed.

1 minute ago, TMB said:

Barisic can also take penalties.  He scored a few for Osijek.  I think one is on Youtube against PSV.  Maybe he should be taking those too as Tavernier’s confidence seems to be low.

Never happen mate, remember it's Tav's ball they're playing with.

8 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Borna’s transformation is giving me hope that Aribo just needs a bit of time to consistently show us what he can do.

Going from Charlton to Rangers can’t be an easy transition for a young guy like that.  He’s now got European football, international football, and the pressure of 50k fans every other week.  It might take time for him to settle.

If he doesn’t improve before January the manager really needs to take a look at it.  Even if it’s a short-term loan until then end of the season.  We need more creativity from that midfield.

31 minutes ago, TMB said:

Going from Charlton to Rangers can’t be an easy transition for a young guy like that.  He’s now got European football, international football, and the pressure of 50k fans every other week.  It might take time for him to settle.

If he doesn’t improve before January the manager really needs to take a look at it.  Even if it’s a short-term loan until then end of the season.  We need more creativity from that midfield.

There’s no chance we are putting a player earning £20,000 a week who the manager rates out on loan.

Like you said he’s made a massive step up in terms of size of club and expectations and the only way to adapt to them are to persist with him through his bedding in period, much like we did with Barisic.

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

There’s no chance we are putting a player warning £20,000 a week who the manager rates out on loan.

I don’t mean send Aribo out on loan.  I mean getting someone else in to do a job for us while we’re waiting for Aribo to settle in.  Maybe that’s what the plan was bringing in King but he’s been nowhere near the squad.  If the King loan hasn’t worked we should send him back in January and try to get someone else in. 

Same principle as Defoe with Morelos.  Bring in someone more experienced who can rotate with Aribo and help his development.  

Just shows how long it can take some players to settle into Scottish football. To be fair Gerrard took him out of the team for a while to allow him time. I think Aribo may need the same and if the rest are fit he could perhaps do with s spell of coming of the bench. He seems to of lost his early season enthusiasm.

52 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Edit: Meant to quote TMB.

He’s been a bit lost recently but its not like he’s having shocking games where he’s continuously making mistakes or anything.

Would like to see him further up the park a bit more driving into the box. 

:tu:  being asked to play too deep 

Archived