Keep it Up Barisic

RockwellGers

4 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

If it wasn’t for Goldson and his brilliant header we’d be 5 points behind them as well, do we stick with him just because of that?

It’s not comparable.  Barisic’s free-kick against St.Mirren was a goal from nothing.  Gerrard describes it as ‘a moment of brilliance’ and praised his overall performance.  We needed something special and he delivered it.  

Barisic was doing well in his next game against Legia until he got injured. He’s done absolutely nothing to merit being dropped so yes, we stick with him.

Goldson made a horrific mistake against celtic so I can see why he should be benched and Helander given an opportunity.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, TMB said:

It’s not compatible.  Barisic’s free-kick against St.Mirren was a goal from nothing.  Gerrard describes it as ‘a moment of brilliance’ and praised his overall performance.  We needed something special and he delivered it.  

Barisic was doing well in his next game against Legia until he got injured. He’s done absolutely nothing to merit being dropped so yes, we stick with him.

Goldson made a horrific mistake against celtic so I can see why he should be benched and Helander given an opportunity.

It is. Both scored important goals when we needed them.

One free kick shouldn’t be the basis on whether somebody get’s dropped anyway. 

2 hours ago, TMB said:

It’s not compatible.  Barisic’s free-kick against St.Mirren was a goal from nothing.  Gerrard describes it as ‘a moment of brilliance’ and praised his overall performance.  We needed something special and he delivered it.  

Barisic put himself into contention with that moment of brilliance, but still has it all to do. He definitely seemed to pick it up after that as you say. In my mind he should be given the chance to step up and follow through on that.

For me Goldson shouldn't be judged so harshly for that mistake, as awful as it was. He's done a lot for us since he signed. That said, we paid a fair sum for Helander and we should be using him too

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It is. Both scored important goals when we needed them.

One free kick shouldn’t be the basis on whether somebody get’s dropped anyway. 

It’s not.  Barisic’s was a moment of individual brilliance that won us the game.  

As I said, Gerrard said his overall performance was good he didn’t praise him just because he scored a free-kick.  If the manager didn’t have faith in Barisic he would never have started against Legia.  

19 hours ago, Dov said:

Very bad yesterday, probably our weakest player. We have Bradarić who is so far one of Lille's better players and only 19 so he will probably replace him in first 11, and btw Tin Jedvaj isn't left back, he plays CD or RB.

That bad and never got subbed?, strange that. 

• 2 weeks later...

Much much better from him tonight. I don't think he was outstanding or anything but I think he was absolutely comfortable, positive going forward and committed in his tackling. If he plays like that every week he will be a worthy LB for us.

Archived