***** Rangers Vs celtic aka the world's biggest sporting paedophile ring FC ***** Official Match Thread

KaiserJon

As @BridgeIsBlue mentioned there is a case to drop arfield, looks a bit tired to me, could be his international duties during the summer, although if there's any player that would try give 100% in this fixture he's it. 

I'd go same team as Sunday but swap jones for arfield.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

I’d start Kamara in this game. Guy strolled it in the last old firm.

these games are played at 100 miles an hour and he’s great at getting on the ball and keeping it under pressure

I’d be amazed if Aribo, Jack, and Davis don’t start as our midfield three.

Same team, swap Jones for Ojo if his bone bruising is still quite bad mentioned in the press conference - playing through pain on Thursday. Hope Barisic’s concussion is sorted too but Flanagan doesn’t give me as much fear as last year.

31 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Just afraid that the game will fly past Aribo. These games are like the first twenty minutes of Saving Private Ryan and we KNOW Kamara can handle it.

I can see Aribo standing in the centre circle saying “WTF?”

Bring him on when we’ve got the game by the throat but I wouldn’t start with him 

If anything I think he’ll thrive

3 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

As @BridgeIsBlue mentioned there is a case to drop arfield, looks a bit tired to me, could be his international duties during the summer, although if there's any player that would try give 100% in this fixture he's it. 

I'd go same team as Sunday but swap jones for arfield.

There’s no way Arfield will or should be dropped for this one. He simply has to play. He’s too important on the park.

Just now, Essandoh said:

There’s no way Arfield will or should be dropped for this one. He simply has to play. He’s too important on the park.

He's not showing the type of form he was at the end of last year out on the left, there's definitely an argument for it in my eyes.

I actually prefer him through the middle his engine and late runs in to the box are more effective for me, which gives a natural winger an opportunity to play the wings. 

5 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

We cant go into this game with passengers. 

I honestly do agree with you somewhat about his performances this season in comparison to last but I don’t think there’s any chance in the slightest that Scott Arfield would be a passenger against celtic at home.

1 minute ago, Essandoh said:

I honestly do agree with you somewhat about his performances this season in comparison to last but I don’t think there’s any chance in the slightest that Scott Arfield would be a passenger against celtic at home.

I know where you're coming from, he loves playing against them particularly that clown in the middle. 

I don't know if it's tiredness because of the amount of games he's played over the last year, or he's simply going through a bad run of form atm, I just don't want to be sitting at full time tomorrow thinking the worst because he's started. If that makes sense. 

15 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I know where you're coming from, he loves playing against them particularly that clown in the middle. 

I don't know if it's tiredness because of the amount of games he's played over the last year, or he's simply going through a bad run of form atm, I just don't want to be sitting at full time tomorrow thinking the worst because he's started. If that makes sense. 

He needs to play. Then take a 3 week hiatus. We can manage the other games without him. Bring him back in for the Euro game

I think his current form is being overplayed a bit on here. Defoe scores early last week then we are talking about Arfield's pass. He can play better but I don't think he playing terribly either. As for effort, Scotty will leave his guts on the field tomorrow.

57 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Arfield is need of a break. Gerrard will make the call.

Barisic/Flanagan/Halliday is another decision to be made.

It's just great that we have such options.

I’d be stunned if it wasn’t Flanagan

30 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I think his current form is being overplayed a bit on here. Defoe scores early last week then we are talking about Arfield's pass. He can play better but I don't think he playing terribly either. As for effort, Scotty will leave his guts on the field tomorrow.

Agree with this, playing to form or not, take Arfield out and we struggle, the wee fella is a big part of how we play.

Arfield can get a well deserved break from Monday. He’ll be absolutely vital tomorrow. Yes he hasn’t been an 8 or 9 every week like he was the end of season season, but he’s still been good. He thrives in these games, and will want to play, even if he’s dead on his feet. 

I have to say I’m a bit worried about tomorrow. The reason being that everyone I speak to thinks we’ll win easily. I’m obviously hoping they’re right, but I don’t think this will be easy. Hope I’m on this time tomorrow saying “don’t know what I was worried about “.

8 minutes ago, josmc said:

I have to say I’m a bit worried about tomorrow. The reason being that everyone I speak to thinks we’ll win easily. I’m obviously hoping they’re right, but I don’t think this will be easy. Hope I’m on this time tomorrow saying “don’t know what I was worried about “.

Old firms are always a bit of a toss up but this is the most confident I've been since we were demoted. More confident than the Legia game also 

Game should suit us to a tee as they’ll open up thinking they’re world beaters again after the keeper chucked a few into the net in Sweden 

Keys are that we score our early chances and that Alfredo keeps the head. If he can keep his head screwed on and not rise to their baiting then it will wind them up no end 

Think Aribo and Jack will take the piss out them as well, probably be on the end of some horrendous tackles 

I’d prefer Kamara to play but midfield will 100% be Davis, Aribo and Jack 

5 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

He's not showing the type of form he was at the end of last year out on the left, there's definitely an argument for it in my eyes.

I actually prefer him through the middle his engine and late runs in to the box are more effective for me, which gives a natural winger an opportunity to play the wings. 

Good football brain but his touch has been off (with a few exceptions) over the last few weeks.

Hopefully, a couple of weeks rest should be all it takes for a reset, but I’d always pick him, in case this is the week he gets back to form.

Toughie for the boss.

5 hours ago, CR3 said:

Same team, swap Jones for Ojo if his bone bruising is still quite bad mentioned in the press conference - playing through pain on Thursday. Hope Barisic’s concussion is sorted too but Flanagan doesn’t give me as much fear as last year.

If it IS concussion for Barisic, no way will it be sorted to play tomorrow.

Archived