Quick question

TheCutch

25 minutes ago, TheCutch said:

@Rangers_no1 you may be able to answer this mate, as you always seem quite clued up on European stuff...

Since the current qualifying path was introduced, how many teams have gone from Q1 to the groups in back to back seasons?

I would imagine not many, and that really is a tremendous achievement from us.

Even more so when you think we have not lost one game out of the 16. Superb!!

Red Star Belgrade this season?

(possibly?)

I think we are the first to do it twice and the only team to do it back to back.

Without getting carried away it's quite the achievement all things considered and may take some time to be equalled or bettered.

We've had a few easy ties but to go to the likes of Denmark, Croatia, Russia, Slovenia and Poland and remain unbeaten, with a relatively new, young and inexperienced squad is fucking tremendous.

3 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I think we are the first to do it twice and the only team to do it back to back.

Without getting carried away it's quite the achievement all things considered and may take some time to be equalled or bettered.

We've had a few easy ties but to go to the likes of Denmark, Croatia, Russia, Slovenia and Poland and remain unbeaten, with a relatively new, young and inexperienced squad is fucking tremendous.

There's nae easy ties in Europe.

2 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I take it you mean back to back champions league qualifying campaigns?

I thought the question was just based around the Europa league qualifiers 

To think Gerrard will have a minimum of 28 european games as manager after only managing for two seasons, is also quite an achievement.

37 minutes ago, kanjo said:

We cant be a kick in the arse off of being a seeded team at R4 going forward surely?

Unfortunately not mate. Based on this year you needed a co-efficient of over 17,000 to be seeded in R4 and we got 5,000 last season and only 250 in the year before due to the Progres debacle. So even if we get out of the groups and go to something like QF stage we would still only add another c. 8,000 this year. Will need another year of getting to the group stages of either this or preferably CL to get up to that level of coefficient. Problem is we are just build our score up from zero having been out of Europe for 5 years. Tonight's win should help us be seeded for R3 next season assuming that we pick up some wins and draws in group stage.