Europa League Travel Thread

scottyc06

1 minute ago, MisterC said:

Not easy finding decent priced flights back from Portugal on the Friday. Still trying to find a cheap way back, anyone got any advice or websites other than the usual ones?

Lisbon to Manchester. Was 105 and then 30 quid 1110 train up the road 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, fanaticCR said:

But there will be people on 0 and 1 points that will do the official day trip, so it depends how many of them get tickets aswell.

Was something not said about them changing it?

Might have made that up.

9 hours ago, fanaticCR said:

But there will be people on 0 and 1 points that will do the official day trip, so it depends how many of them get tickets aswell.

Have a weird feeling Thomas Cook are going to run 2-3 flights for this and most Indy’s getting shafted. 

39 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Not easy finding decent priced flights back from Portugal on the Friday. Still trying to find a cheap way back, anyone got any advice or websites other than the usual ones?

Used an app called Kiwi.com which found a nice cheap flight for me that wasn’t picked up by Skyscanner in the same way. I think it’s very similar for the most part but worth checking out 👍🏼

1 minute ago, Jonnyboyrfc said:

Used an app called Kiwi.com which found a nice cheap flight for me that wasn’t picked up by Skyscanner in the same way. I think it’s very similar for the most part but worth checking out 👍🏼

Thanks mate will check it out

15 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

If we get the full 2,500 we are entitled to everyone should be sorted. They have cut allocations for security reasons before though so if they do that it’ll be tough 

Any ideas how many are actually in the TC? apparently Liverpool got 3,200 tickets last time they went to Porto I was thinking that would surely cover the vast majority of people who would apply for a ticket 

Just now, Jonnyboyrfc said:

Any ideas how many are actually in the TC? apparently Liverpool got 3,200 tickets last time they went to Porto I was thinking that would surely cover the vast majority of people who would apply for a ticket 

Bout 3,500 but they’ve just opened it up again

8 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

No actually as much as I thought. I’ll be fine on 5 points then.

Aye without a doubt. 3 points got a ticket for Vienna when allocation was 1,400 or so and there were 2 or 3 official flights. 

Everyone on 1 point got a ticket for Villarreal and it was a ballot for those on 0 

9 minutes ago, Gary185 said:

Was thinking about going with the mrs but the time u add drinks etc to it. Must be at least a grand for us both for the day lol

Yeah mate it’s a good way to guarantee a ticket and get convenient direct flights etc but there’s no doubt the day trip is an expensive way to do it. Often much cheaper sorting your own travel and even staying overnight 

25 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Bout 3,500 but they’ve just opened it up again

A thought it was about 5000 glad am wrong should be fine myself for most games. Be interesting if we release a points breakdown like they did last year. 

30 minutes ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

I reckon it will be at least £399 excluding ticket. 

I wish Thomas Cook Sport would just hurry up and give us details for both trips, that’s been a week now and still nothing.

If Porto is £400 day trip I think I will be doing a few days in Amsterdam instead, ticket or not.

Be helpful too for those booking up if Rangers give us an idea on allocation for both away games, if they cut Feyenoord away it might sway a few folk from booking up.

On 03/09/2019 at 14:53, Jonnyboyrfc said:

Really tempted by going to YB, the flights to Basel are very reasonable but difficult to know numbers of other bears going and zero idea about the chance of tickets...

From YB website:

Home Public Sale for Single Tickets

On Monday, September 23, 2019  at 8:00 am , public sale will start for single tickets for all three home games. Tickets can be purchased at the following YB outlets: Online Ticket Shop  , Ticketcorner (only onlineshop or order hotline), Welle7, OBI Schönbühl and Ticketing BSC YB. A maximum of 6 tickets per person may bepurchased (while stocks last).

https://www.eventimsports.de/ols/bscyb-onlineshop/de

Archived