Kris boyd on sky

Rlm

Am no one for throwing the towel in but you look at the dross in our League and ask yourself who's gonna beat them?

More likely somebody sneaks a draw, but it'll likely happen to us as well.

Best chance scenario they go back to thinking their world beaters after today, get complacent and slip up, we grow a pair of balls and go on a undefeated run where we can afford the odd draw and manage to stay in front till the end.

Och aye and Announce Kent.

Just think you cant write us off after one loss...its early doors. Yes am pissed, bitter its still raw after today..we didnt deserve anything out that game , what does my box in is celtic arnt Barcelona. But weve got how many games left?..34 in the league... at least 6 in Europe!!!...Ibrox was mint on thursday. We have a lot to look forward to. If we can address beating livi motherwells etc and droppin silly points..then we can do well. Am at that stage where we need as a bare minimum a trophy.

2 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

I think he is right. We have looked pretty poor for most of our matches this season but have come up with some big goals to save us.

I thought last year that Gerrard had created a team that does quite well in Europe where teams open up but struggles in the SPFL slightly.  Nothing I have seen so far this season convinces me anything has changed.

We needed to make some big first team  appointments. That hasn’t happened, although admittedly the squad has improved substantially.

I don’t believe we have improved by much. We have no quality apart from Morelos. We were promised quality over quantity what happen we signed squad fillers and lost the only other quality player we had in Kent  the lack of quality in OJo and jones in the wide areas is glaring  they have signed a few quality players from epl  who will improve them as season goes on  I know it’s early but being honest we haven’t really improved at all 

The only thing I find rich is Boyd said at one point that our players ‘need to learn how to play in these games’

Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m positive he was a complete waste of space in these games and really any game that was against a team above Aberdeen level 

2 hours ago, Siam69 said:

Going by that performance he's 100% right.

Next!

Yes it is up to Stevie and the players to prove Kris wrong and I hope they do, but watching that today I can see why he said it. I was astonished how we as a team just did not perform, it was not the kind of display I expected and still not sure why.

TLB certainly had them fired up much more than we seemed to be and that is also not how it should be IMO at Ibrox. 

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

He’s bang on.

We’ve scored 1 goal from open play in past four games and even that was a cross.

We went for quantity over quality in attacking positions.

Yep, this of course after being told at the end of last season it was about quality in the summer window

We've again gone done the Bosman and loan market again  and our biggest spend was a CB. 

We have goals in morelos and defoe, but we need more creativity behind them or we'll struggle again this season.

We actually lost Kent and Candeias and got Jones and Ojo. Losing Candeias was fair enough but he offered far more than Ojo. I like Jones, should’ve started today but he isn’t a patch on Kent.

The only other starter we’ve brought in is Aribo 

This taken into account I wonder have we actually improved? 

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

He’s bang on.

We’ve scored 1 goal from open play in past four games and even that was a cross.

We went for quantity over quality in attacking positions.

That is what it looks like unfortunately, the quality we all hoped for in the number 10 position never came in. It also seems that Kent is not coming back and no one else so we go with what we have until Jan which is certainly concerning. 

I also will say I have not given up on the league after 3 games, but today is not going to help that is for sure.

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

That is what it looks like unfortunately, the quality we all hoped for in the number 10 position never came in. It also seems that Kent is not coming back and no one else so we go with what we have until Jan which is certainly concerning. 

I also will say I have not given up on the league after 3 games, but today is not going to help that is for sure.

Its very concerning mate. We still lack quality in the final 3rd and we've only added loans and bosman signings. 

The quality we need won't come from those markets. It required money. I'm again asking why we spent 3m+ on a CB instead of a winger or attacking midfielder 

27 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

The only thing I find rich is Boyd said at one point that our players ‘need to learn how to play in these games’

Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m positive he was a complete waste of space in these games and really any game that was against a team above Aberdeen level 

He won us leagues with his goals. Never needed to play in these games when other people could

15 hours ago, Ivybank said:

doesn't mean fuck all what anybody says either way, it's all down to the players not any opinion

And managers. Lennons got previous for navigating the big games well and struggling in the easier fixtures.

The OF matches won’t decide the title as long as we beat the rest home and away

9 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

I’m looking forward to people now saying we will go unbeaten until the new year.

Hthe worrying thing is going unbeaten in the league until new year is only part of the problem, realistically we would need to win every single league game upto the winter break to give us a chance of being top

Oh ffs, it's one game. Tbh, their make shift defence, with hindsight worked against us, they packed that area, , crowded us out left us with aimless shite into the box. If they were full strength they would have played more openly. 

Our lack of creativity at times in a congested last third is a real concern, same as last year, I need to hope people like Aribo grow into the Jersey. Oh and we need to shoot more from outside the box. Look at them, shoot from anywhere.