Ryan Kent

BLUEDIGNITY

7 million terrible if true but that's what you pay for even an average player in England, I like Kent but still feel we are short on strikers not wingers.

It would be a brave board to turn down Gerrard for whats been a great start to the league bar the disaster yesterday.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Reformation Bear said:

I'll believe it when I see it announced officially and not before.

If its true the question to be answered by Rangers is why this business was not concluded weeks ago.    It was clear Liverpool did not rate the player as first team material for them.  It was clear that Rangers did rate him as the sort of first team player we needed.      Was it only today that Liverpool decided to accept whatever Rangers offered, or was it only today that Rangers decided it would pay what Liverpool was asking?  Which was it?

The player is nowhere near match fit so there is bound to be a period of time while he gets up to Gerrard-requirements for fitness.   Look at Helander.  He's been here for weeks and weeks and still can't get a game.    Point being it could be well into the autumn and maybe even approaching winter before a fit Kent is ready to start playing regular first team football.  Missing games where he might have made a winning difference...…..like yesterday.

All part of Stevies masterplan. 

Play shite against the scum and go in and ask for the Euro money to buy Kent. 

8 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

If its true the question to be answered by Rangers is why this business was not concluded weeks ago.    It was clear Liverpool did not rate the player as first team material for them.  It was clear that Rangers did rate him as the sort of first team player we needed.      Was it only today that Liverpool decided to accept whatever Rangers offered, or was it only today that Rangers decided it would pay what Liverpool was asking?  Which was it?

The player is nowhere near match fit so there is bound to be a period of time while he gets up to Gerrard-requirements for fitness.   Look at Helander.  He's been here for weeks and weeks and still can't get a game.    Point being it could be well into the autumn and maybe even approaching winter before a fit Kent is ready to start playing regular first team football.  Missing games where he might have made a winning difference...…..like yesterday.

More than likely the deal hinged on Thursday nights result.

The fee will include add-ons and bonuses etc and even then, i can't see it being close to £7m tbh.

Gerrard was quick to rubbish the £4.5m fee we had apparently paid for Helander and the £3m fee for Katic- i can see him doing the same here tbh.

2 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

The fee will include add-ons and bonuses etc and even then, i can't see it being close to £7m tbh.

Gerrard was quick to rubbish the £4.5m fee we had apparently paid for Helander and the £3m fee for Katic- i can see him doing the same here tbh.

Hope so. It's the only way it makes sense.

12 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

All part of Stevies masterplan. 

Play shite against the scum and go in and ask for the Euro money to buy Kent. 

Maybe he's also asked them for a 3rd good quality striker.     I'm still amazed he thinks he can get through an entire season of 3 domestic competitions to be competed for (I'd like to say won but not after yesterday's shambles) plus a Europa League run.     2 strikers where one is a reforming serial red-carder who is still proving he's lost that tag, and the other is 36 years old.     That, and the release of other strikers on the books.     Does Gerrard genuinely think he can have a successful season just relying on 2 strikers.

16 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Hinged on EL qualification

2 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Maybe he's also asked them for a 3rd good quality striker.     I'm still amazed he thinks he can get through an entire season of 3 domestic competitions to be competed for (I'd like to say won but not after yesterday's shambles) plus a Europa League run.     2 strikers where one is a reforming serial red-carder who is still proving he's lost that tag, and the other is 36 years old.     That, and the release of other strikers on the books.     Does Gerrard genuinely think he can have a successful season just relying on 2 strikers.

We only play one at time. 

No decent out and out striker is going to come knowing he will be lucky to play 10 games a season. 

4 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

We need a striker that can score regurarly against the beasts they have Eduard we have no one.

28 minutes ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

Vastly overpriced. He's a 3m player tops. The dices are rolling. 

Agree with that. Some pressure on him and the manager now with that fee. No ifs, buts or maybes, he has to be a game changer at that price and consistently good every week.

21 minutes ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

Sorry but he's not that good to justify this apparent price tag. Not comfortable with it at all.

Dont believe everything you read , nobody knows what was paid or is being paid to any players  unless his agent is posting facts on here , its all media hype..........

1 minute ago, Reformation Bear said:

You're a hard man to please.

Not to worry, apparently we're getting Salah on loan.

Yes another striker would be appreciated, but who knows what goes on in the head of a football manager?! Look at how we set up yesterday!

The Kent move is a significant statement. He is by no means the finished article, but does have plenty ability and of the right mentailty and last by no means least, Stevie would need to set us up differently, as in attack!

Archived