Hastie confirmed to Rotherham

Ferris Bueller

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

The record fee for a league 1 player is 8.5million for Fabian delph 10yrs ago....yip 10yrs ago and nobody has paid 10million for a player from league 1....other notable names delle alli 5million, Harry McGuire 3million, Will Grigg (remember his 30goals) 3million, trust me mate the English market is nuts but it ain't that nuts.

Alex oxlade chamberlain went to arsenal for over £10 million when Southampton were in league 1.

He's doing well, hopefully he keeps it up.

He'll have to do very well to come back and get a starting place here. From what I saw of him he looked miles off being good enough currently, and when he comes back next season, he'll either be trying to break into a title winning team, or trying to make into one attempting to stop their 10... Not an ideal time for the younger boys I think.

2 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Not sure if the comparing Docherty with Hastie is just a wind up :thinking: but just in case it is not then 'let me just say something here' (as our Graeme would say :happy:)  you cannot compare a central mid to a winger and expect to get a reasonable comparison after coming back from a years loan IMO. 

I think people are meaning , plenty of folk thought Docherty was coming back from Shrewsbury a much improved first team starter where in the cold light of day he’s back no better and can’t get in the squad , so let’s calm the beans with hasties form down there 

8 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Great for the lad - longer he's on loan the better he'll become on RM -- could be Messi by next May 

Aye, then he can come back and play a couple of friendlies and be declared total shit again. Cos lets face it on good old Rangers media there can be no inbetween, either sugar or shite. People on here make their minds up on a player and that's it set in stone, nothing can change that opinion even the evidence of their own eyes. If they've decided a player is shit then a few good performances are ignored until he has a bad game then this is seized upon on evidence of his shitness. Happens all the time on here and is the worst thing about this foum.

4 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Aye, then he can come back and play a couple of friendlies and be declared total shit again. Cos lets face it on good old Rangers media there can be no inbetween, either sugar or shite. People on here make their minds up on a player and that's it set in stone, nothing can change that opinion even the evidence of their own eyes. If they've decided a player is shit then a few good performances are ignored until he has a bad game then this is seized upon on evidence of his shitness. Happens all the time on here and is the worst thing about this foum.

Until he actually gets the chance to play for Rangers the lad is caught between a rock and a hard place.  People will write off what he did for Motherwell, and dismiss anything he does in League 1 down South.  No matter how many goals he scores, or how much praise he gets, people will always say 'but can he do it in a Rangers jersey'.  We're never going to know until he plays for us.

Hastie will need to do the best he can this season.  When Ojo fucks off back to Liverpool next season that'll be his time to come in and make a name for himself.  

4 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Just seen the goal, great finish. 

Can we not just enjoy a young Rangers player doing well, hope he’s successful down there and that he comes back stronger, better and even more determined to do the business for us?

No,  that's out the question. The football sages of Rangers media have decreed after a couple of friendlies that he is shocking. And that im afraid is that.

John Marquis scored 21 goals in League 1 last season. He joined Portsmouth, another League 1 side, for just under £2m.

Freddie Ladapo scored 18 goals in League 1 last season. He joined Rotherham, another League 1 side, for around £500k.

Kieffer Moore scored 17 goals in League 1 last season. He joined Wigan in the Championship for £2.5m.

Jamal Lowe scored 15 goals in League 1 last season. He joined Wigan in the Championship for £2.5m

That's 4 players with 71 goals between them and their combined transfer fees don't even come close to £10m

I think that pretty much puts your theory to bed @TMB

6 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

John Marquis scored 21 goals in League 1 last season. He joined Portsmouth, another League 1 side, for just under £2m.

Freddie Ladapo scored 18 goals in League 1 last season. He joined Rotherham, another League 1 side, for around £500k.

Kieffer Moore scored 17 goals in League 1 last season. He joined Wigan in the Championship for £2.5m.

Jamal Lowe scored 15 goals in League 1 last season. He joined Wigan in the Championship for £2.5m

That's 4 players with 71 goals between them and their combined transfer fees don't even come close to £10m

I think that pretty much puts your theory to bed @TMB

And they are both pish.

10 hours ago, TMB said:

Your comment suggests Hastie might not be able to cut it at SPFL level.  He already has.  Last season Hastie played less than 1000mins of league football but had 6 goals and 1 assists - That's why we signed him.  

If Hastie gets 15+ goals down there this season there will be clubs willing to pay £10m for him.  The English market is crazy and Hastie is a highly promising young player.  One could argue that we should be developing Hastie here, rather than developing Ojo for Liverpool.

:lol: 

Hastie is shite. I’m genuinely shocked we’ve signed him. 

Holt, Rossiter and Doherty have all done well at that level - and it’s no where near what we need. 

£10m :lol: come on man 

26 minutes ago, TMB said:

Until he actually gets the chance to play for Rangers the lad is caught between a rock and a hard place.  People will write off what he did for Motherwell, and dismiss anything he does in League 1 down South.  No matter how many goals he scores, or how much praise he gets, people will always say 'but can he do it in a Rangers jersey'.  We're never going to know until he plays for us.

Hastie will need to do the best he can this season.  When Ojo fucks off back to Liverpool next season that'll be his time to come in and make a name for himself.  

He played for us in preseason and in the qualifiers this season and looked like a junior player. 

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

He played for us in preseason and in the qualifiers this season and looked like a junior player. 

Yeah, I remember your comments after Jake Hastie played his first game for Rangers in preseason.  He had just turned 20.  I think "dug shit" is the term you used to describe the young guy.  He's been completely written off after one game in typical RangersMedia fashion.  Well done.

3 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

The boy has rocket shot and is a bit of an athlete he just lacks the decision making he looked a bit of a headless chicken in preseason and euro qualifiers.  If he develops his game awareness and decision making he will be useful.  

He looked like he was trying far too hard when he played for us..always going for the more ambitious pass etc than keeping it simple 

9 minutes ago, TMB said:

Yeah, I remember your comments after Jake Hastie played his first game for Rangers in preseason.  He had just turned 20.  I think "dug shit" is the term you used to describe the young guy.  He's been completely written off after one game in typical RangersMedia fashion.  Well done.

Nothing to do with RM.

I’m of the opinion that you can tell if someone has what’s required at Rangers or not very quickly.

He doesn’t IMO. Neither does Docherty. Happy to revisit in 12-24 months when they’ve been put in the deadwood we can’t shift category. 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Nothing to do with RM.

I’m of the opinion that you can tell if someone has what’s required at Rangers or not very quickly.

He doesn’t IMO. Neither does Docherty. Happy to revisit in 12-24 months when they’ve been put in the deadwood we can’t shift category. 

I'd imagine most folk have gut idea of how it'll pan out. Not particularly educated a guess or fair, but it's only natural.

Out of interest, how many times you seen him in the flesh? 

6 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Nothing to do with RM.

Nae bother,Pep.

Archived