Hastie confirmed to Rotherham

Ferris Bueller

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, wully said:

No goals in his last 5 games and dropped to the bench tonight.

Not hugely concerned. The logic in sending him out was presumably that he is a 20-year old winger and we’d rather he develop his experience and consistency elsewhere.

Probably worth noting he’s still got the best goals per minute ratio of anyone at Rotherham.

10 hours ago, wully said:

No goals in his last 5 games and dropped to the bench tonight.

Should have really just been loaned back to Motherwell another season at least then he would be playing against the teams he would feature against with us. sitting as a sub at Rotherham not going to instil confidence in the boy.

30 minutes ago, Smile said:

Should have really just been loaned back to Motherwell another season at least then he would be playing against the teams he would feature against with us. sitting as a sub at Rotherham not going to instil confidence in the boy.

I will be concerned if it becomes a theme but there is absolutely no chance he can start every game down there especially as a 20 year old, he would be burnt out by Feburary if that was the case.

40 minutes ago, krissg910 said:

Cant be any worse than ojo.

Would of rather kept Middleton and hastie than having to consistently watch the joke performances ojo puts in for us week in week out.

100% fair enough take a loan if he busts a gut and looks like he wants to be here we dont see that with Ojo.

Developing players for other teams is not good if it's detrimental to developing our own players.

6 hours ago, Smile said:

Should have really just been loaned back to Motherwell another season at least then he would be playing against the teams he would feature against with us.

Giving the cloggers and cart horses chance to end his career before it even starts properly for Rangers?

Cynical maybe, but I'd prefer he was playing for the likes of teams like Rotherham, developing quietly, instead of playing up here and the Daily Record putting a £30m price tag on his head to soon. Like they do.

3 minutes ago, Falcoholic said:

Giving the cloggers and cart horses chance to end his career before it even starts properly for Rangers?

Cynical maybe, but I'd prefer he was playing for the likes of teams like Rotherham, developing quietly, instead of playing up here and the Daily Record putting a £30m price tag on his head to soon. Like they do.

I just think he would have picked up more experience and learned more against teams he would be facing week in week out I used to think the way you thought that he would get targeted but have changed my mind on that.

3 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

Another ridiculous signing and just as bad as Middleton. Wont ever be good enough to play for the club.........

Maybe but he is a 20 year old who we paid a development fee for which is hardly breaking the bank. There is a chance that he will develop further and be an asset to ourselves.

Not every player we buy at that age is going to be good enough for the club right away. Plenty take a number of years to develop.

25 minutes ago, Falcoholic said:

not if hes a Rangers player they dont.

its only their players or players they are linked with that happens to.

PAUL WARNE reckons Rangers winger Jake Hastie plays with a maturity beyond his years after seeing him hit the ground running at Rotherham this term.

Hastie made the move to United just weeks after putting pen-to-paper on a four-year Gers deal.

He has made an immediate impression in League One and has three goals in eight appearances.

Hastie will spend the rest of the campaign south of the border and Miller boss Warne is delighted to have him on board.

Warne said: “I FaceTimed him for about an hour. I was completely honest, as always, saying he could come here and fight and that we’re good people who would look after him. I asked him ‘Do you want me to speak to your parents or anything like that?’ and then his mum chirped up from the background saying that she’d heard everything I’d just said.

“Fortunately, I didn’t swear once. I’m very pleased about that!

“People forget that Jake’s just a young lad. He’s just out of his teens and he’s moved to a different country. Until recently, he’s always lived at home and his mum has always done things for him.

“We’re trying to get him to make all the right decisions because we need him to get stronger and fitter. Ideally, we need him to play virtually every minute of every game if his form keeps up. Hopefully, when he does go back to Rangers he’ll be a better player and more rounded person than when he came here. That would help our relationship with them.

“What I like about him is that he’s a no-fuss footballer. He doesn’t do 15 step-overs and then do nothing with the ball. All he wants to do is get down the outside of full-backs and put crosses in. He’s a dream for us. He’s a great kid and we’re lucky to have him.

“The way of the world now, young players watch YouTube videos and they’re all obsessed with doing round-the-worlds and nutmegs. That isn’t really proper league football. Jake plays with greater maturity than his age.”

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Thought he was awful in his appearance in the Europa qualifiers. 

Doubt he’ll ever kick a ball for us again.

This is mental

He's 20 years old and had only played like 65 games when he joined us. He may well be utter pish and never make it with us but you've come to that conclusion on the back of a 60 min performance in a comfortable win? 

That's crazy

11 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

This is mental

He's 20 years old and had only played like 65 games when he joined us. He may well be utter pish and never make it with us but you've come to that conclusion on the back of a 60 min performance in a comfortable win? 

That's crazy

I thought with borna, we would learn not to write every player off instantly 

Archived