Jones' Injury

eskbankloyal

1 hour ago, Nk89 said:

Yes it was daft, but to say he is a idiot or stupid because of the injury is stupid, he was frustrated like all of us,

its just unlucky that he has picked up this injury he woulda thought the consequences of it woulda been a red n that would be it, no season ending injury

Agreed. I would probably have done something similar if I was on the park with no much time to do much else. Probably thought he would end that woman's season rather than his own.

4 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

That is the first time I have seen the tackle that he got the red for, it was a bit wild but their captain would never have got a red for that.

The dive by McGreggor is one of the worst I have seen since that prick Christie did the same thing and won a penalty I think, not sure about the penalty part.

I assume that the tackle @Cedrick is speaking about is not in that video ?  

No it’s not mate , needless to say the one I’m on about , when jones came on , broon spoke to the right back with blonde hair , then he went right thru the back of jones , it was kinda the calf area he got him , it looks it’s definitely been the red jones has hurt himself , clearly attempting pay back for the tackle I’m on about 

27 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I wonder if there is any video of this mate I am in the E E and did not notice that at the time. 

Was the left back with the blonde Bob. I was in the EE too. You would've seen him 👍

Edit: it could be the right back, was warming up when I was abusing him for his hair 🙂

11 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

That is the first time I have seen the tackle that he got the red for, it was a bit wild but their captain would never have got a red for that.

The dive by McGreggor is one of the worst I have seen since that prick Christie did the same thing and won a penalty I think, not sure about the penalty part.

I assume that the tackle @Cedrick is speaking about is not in that video ?  

No its not was right at the start when Jones came on the guy done him so Jones got him back later for me that was not even a red.

1 minute ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Was the left back with the blonde Bob. I was in the EE too. You would've seen him 👍

Yes I did see him mate for most of the second half, but he must have gone across to the other side to get at Jones on our left. I must admit I was fairly pissed of by that time and was probably not paying much attention by then. 

Just now, Smile said:

No its not was right at the start when Jones came on the guy done him so Jones got him back later for me that was not even a red.

Aye yer right mate👍🏻 , when the game was stopped brown was speaking to that blonde boy , blatantly obvious 30 seconds later what was said 

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

Yes I did see him mate for most of the second half, but he must have gone across to the other side to get at Jones on our left. I must admit I was fairly pissed of by that time and was probably not paying much attention by then. 

I edited my post, I think he might have been warming up when I was giving him abuse for his bob.

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Did you see the guy (fan) screaming at that old boy when he was leaving at the end? If you did, any idea what it was about?

The younger guy was pretty raging.

12 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Edit: it could be the right back, was warming up when I was abusing him for his hair 🙂

I bet he was abusing you back for tooling up for the game and for posting on forums from burner phones :lol:

23 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I left before he done that, did he get carried off? If not, I doubt it's his cruciate ligaments. 

Not necessarily mate. I done  mine and played on which was really stupid as fucked most of the cartildge as a result.  I walked off (limping heavily admittedly) but drove home. Didnt realise what id done at the time but i did actually hear it pop when it happened, had no idea what acl was back then.

Remember big lee wilkie done his and played on for a bit (only remember this as it was week or so after me). 

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

I am nearly looking across at the 18 yd box (just a bit closer to the dugout) so a fair bit away and my lugs are not as good as they used to be. :happy:

The old boy was still in his seat right beside the dugout and the younger guy was shouting at him while he was leaving up the stairs so was shouting in the opposite direction from you. Must've been something pretty bad cause I'm sure the only reason it never turned to fisty cuffs was cause the old boy was about 70+. He gave as good back as he got though...

1 minute ago, Bearsden bear said:

Not necessarily mate. I done  mine and played on which was really stupid as fucked most of the cartildge as a result.  I walked off (limping heavily admittedly) but drove home. Didnt realise what id done at the time but i did actually hear it pop when it happened, had no idea what acl was back then.

Remember big lee wilkie done his and played on for a bit (only remember this as it was week or so after me). 

Not mund big Marv done his and played on for years? 

God told him it would be ok though to be fair, and he was right 🤣🤣 pretty sure he played on in the lower leagues until he was nearly 40???

1 minute ago, Bearsden bear said:

It’s different for everybody. I had to get carried off the pitch when I did mine and I couldn’t walk for a week until the swelling went down but I know people who have done it and finished the game they are playing.

It really depends on the severity of the injury. Some people tear it and some people fully rupture it.