Jones' Injury

eskbankloyal

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

It’s different for everybody. I had to get carried off the pitch when I did mine and I couldn’t walk for a week until the swelling went down but I know people who have done it and finished the game they are playing.

It really depends on the severity of the injury. Some people tear it and some people fully rupture it.

My mums bf done his and his foot was nearly touching his ear. 

That's awful for the lad, hope its not as bad as expected. To be fair to J J here I think I would have had broken teeth, black eyes and a chunk of Lennon's hair stuck between my blood soaked fingers had I being playing yesterday :redcard:    Saying that I am not a professional footballer, speedy recover J J, get fit, learn and pay back with performances on the park.

13 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

It’s different for everybody. I had to get carried off the pitch when I did mine and I couldn’t walk for a week until the swelling went down but I know people who have done it and finished the game they are playing.

It really depends on the severity of the injury. Some people tear it and some people fully rupture it.

I remember the challenge after It happened and it felt like my knee cap had came right off the joint. That was enough for me.  

Shame for the lad as hes probably only done what most of us felt like doing. Bit immature but i guess hes hurting and felt he should  have started the game. Tough to sit on the sidelines when you think you can make a difference.

I do have some sympathy for Jones if it does turn out to be a torn ACL, there's no doubt it was a reckless/stupid challenge but it was in the heat of the moment and obviously down to frustration. Everyone makes mistakes, hopefully its not as costly as feared cause he has def been a good addition to the squad. 

2 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Well he has trusted Alfredo after many more wrong doings so I cannot see why that would be the case with Jones. :unsure:

Did Alfredo set himself back a season acting like a mong? Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think it should be the end of his career with us but it’s something that wouldn’t surprise me with Gerrard. 

2 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Shouldn’t play for us again :lol:

some of our support are tragic as fuck man

He made a mistake and got wound up, he’s had a good start to his career here and was a player we needed.

Folk are mental

I probably wasn’t clear with what I meant. I don’t think it should be the end of his time with us but it wouldn’t surprise me if Gerrard moved on and got someone else in next summer if he felt it was worth taking a chance with Jones just starting recovering at that time. A season’s a long time in football. 

8 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Did Alfredo set himself back a season acting like a mong? Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think it should be the end of his career with us but it’s something that wouldn’t surprise me with Gerrard. 

I think Alfredo was harshly treated by refs and the CO, but he did bring a lot things on himself and I do not see what Jones did was any worse. I hope it turns out not to be as bad as they think, but the medical team probably have a good idea unfortunately.

Like all things football it is about opinions and I am not going to hang Jones out to dry for what was a bad challenge, but I doubt if it was pre-planned before he went on the pitch, his team was losing and he made mistake after being badly fouled earlier with no protection from the ref, all IMO. :thumbup: