Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BearInTheToon

What Should Be the Line-Up for Coming Games?

Recommended Posts

So now that the squad is confirmed and we know who’s in/out, what do we reckon should be the line up we go with in the short-term for the coming games?

It’s been clear for weeks that Arfield, Aribo and Ojo (Danes at home, aside) haven’t been at it and look fucked/off it. Add to that, Goldson has been up and down and Tav hasn’t looked himself either.

Personally, I’d be interested to see Stewart in the Arfield role. Similar players, tidy feet, can pick a pass, find spaces between the lines.  And for me, Aribo has had a hefty loss of form for a few games now, so I’d be interested to see King. 

SG has spoken a lot about having a squad/two players for every position. Yet, frustratingly, he hasn’t actually utilised it resulting in, for my money, players like Arfield, Aribo and Ojo looking like they’re spent/needing a break.

If Aribo’s, Arfield’s and Goldson’s form picked up dramatically, they’d likely be first choices but based on the last few games, I’d be interested to see for a few games something along the lines of:

 

                           McGregor 

Tav          Katic          Helander    Barasic

                              Davis

                 Jack                     King

        Stewart                                       Kent

                             Morelos

Subs:

Fod, Goldson, Flanagan, Aribo, Arfield, Ojo, Defoe

Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As it stands, for our next game which is Livingston at home a week on Sat, I'd go:

                        McGregor 

Tav  Edmundson Katic Barisic

                     Jack Davis

Ojo.                Arfield.           Kent

                      Morelos

Widemen stretching play both forward and wide, Arfield playing closer to Morelos. Jack and Davis rotating positions and roles as they have been but not in any way both holding. Full backs both offering attacking support.

There's goals in that team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

As it stands, for our next game which is Livingston at home a week on Sat, I'd go:

                        McGregor 

Tav  Edmundson Katic Barisic

                     Jack Davis

Ojo.                Arfield.           Kent

                      Morelos

Wiseman stretching play both forward and wide, Arfield playing closer to Morelos. Jack and Davis rotating positions and roles as they have been but not in any way both holding. Full backs both offering attacking support.

There's goals in that team.

Not enough in the middle 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

                  McGregor 

Tav Katic Edmundson Barasic

           Davis Jack Aribo 

Arfield                            Kent 

                    Morelos 

bit harsh on Flanagan but I think with Kent cutting in on the left we need the width Barasic provides. 

kanjo likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

                  McGregor 

Tav Katic Edmundson Barasic

           Davis Jack Aribo 

Arfield                            Kent 

                    Morelos 

bit harsh on Flanagan but I think with Kent cutting in on the left we need the width Barasic provides. 

This should be the team but Helander will play ahead of George.

Everyone going way over the top on Aribo. He’s had a quiet few games in middle of the park but was hung out to dry out left on Sunday. The boy is a player and will be a mainstay in that midfield.

voltago, kelvd1873 and graeme_4 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Smell the hotdog said:

This should be the team but Helander will play ahead of George.

Everyone going way over the top on Aribo. He’s had a quiet few games in middle of the park but was hung out to dry out left on a Sunday. The boy is a player and will be a mainstay in that midfield.

Aribo will be a big player for us this year, can’t judge him on an old firm debut played out of position.

Amato and terry739 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

This should be the team but Helander will play ahead of George.

Everyone going way over the top on Aribo. He’s had a quiet few games in middle of the park but was hung out to dry out left on a Sunday. The boy is a player and will be a mainstay in that midfield.

I agree mate re Aribo being a mainstay. He’s going to be a serious player. Hopefully the break does him good as he’s been off it for a few games. But if not, we need to change things up. And King has come in as this EPL winning, scoring AM.

Arfield on form, there’s no doubt. But he’s badly off the pace and is now away with Canada (I believe?). So more games, more travel, more fatigue... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

I agree mate re Aribo being a mainstay. He’s going to be a serious player. Hopefully the break does him good as he’s been off it for a few games. But if not, we need to change things up. And King has come in as this EPL winning, scoring AM.

Arfield on form, there’s no doubt. But he’s badly off the pace and is now away with Canada (I believe?). So more games, more travel, more fatigue... 

Wish Arfield would patch Canada, he clearly needs a rest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need Morelos to start and keep Defoe for the Europa if we’re rotating. The league is the priority.

Midfield of Jack Davis Aribo

Ojo and Kent either side of Morelos.

Huge fan of Arfield but he’s wasted in that wide role. Should be moved into the midfield 3 when needed.

GlasgowRangersFC likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our squad and players are so suited to a 352. But for some reason it doesnt work or we just havent gave it time cause we dont have it.

                          Mcgregor

           Goldson Katic Helander

                               Davis

    Tavernier   Jack   Aribo    Kent 

                    Morelos  Defoe

 

Subs. Fods, edmundson, kamara, barisic, Arfield  Ojo

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Our squad and players are so suited to a 352. But for some reason it doesnt work or we just havent gave it time cause we dont have it.

                          Mcgregor

           Goldson Katic Helander

                               Davis

    Tavernier   Jack   Aribo    Kent 

                    Morelos  Defoe

 

Subs. Fods, edmundson, kamara, barisic, Arfield  Ojo

 

It's all about opinions mate so, fair play.  But I really think 352 is totally unnecessary in our league.  It means an extra body at the back when most teams play just one up front.  And for the more physical, faster teams, they'd pinned our wingbacks back and double up on them at times.  I think we just need to get better at playing/find the perfect combination of players to play 433 which for me is a better option than even 4231, which can leave the midfield being overrun when even average teams pack that area.

Nk89 and Sweetheart like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  McGregor 

Tav          Katic          Helander    Barasic

                              Davis

                 Jack                     King

        Stewart                                       Kent

                             Morelos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Do you mean this season - as he was one of our big game players last season. 

Both games against tarriers we won - yes.

Another who went missing against Aberdeen and their ilk.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...