*****the official Rangers vs Livingston match thread*****

graeme_4

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Shite game but I’m surprised we managed to pick up the 3 points.

Job done. Defence looked horrendous.

Delighted to have the three points - the bulk of that game was horrendous to watch because of poor individual performances.

I don’t think Tav has had a good game this season also their midfield were first onto every second ball and for some reason Goldson and Katic were at sixes and sevens the full game. 

The Livingstone defence could teach ours a few things, their organisation was excellent.  Wouldn’t be surprised if they make it difficult for most of the other teams this season.  

On the bright side, Morelos was excellent and Barker did really well too.

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Delighted to have the three points - the bulk of that game was horrendous to watch because of poor individual performances.

I don’t think Tav has had a good game this season also their midfield were first onto every second ball and for some reason Goldson and Katic were at sixes and sevens the full game. 

The Livingstone defence could teach ours a few things, their organisation was excellent.  Wouldn’t be surprised if they make it difficult for most of the other teams this season.  

It seems to have gone unnoticed that the defeat today was their first in 10 games and they were sitting in 3rd place this morning only 1 point below us.

We need to win these games and we did. Performance has to take second place to points

There was a good chance it was going to be a dodgy game with our last game being a defeat to them and just back from International duty as well. So many poor performances though. Goldson, Tav, Davis, Ojo were all genuinely horrific. Arfield, Aribo both well of the pace, as was Kent before his injury but that’s understandable. Would rather be moaning with the 3 points than without though. On to the next one. 

Arfield and Goldson need a long rest on the sidelines to get their heads right or give others like king and helander a chance. 

Halliday needs to not be anywhere near the team ever again outside of an injury crisis after this performance and East Fife. That pathetic fall for their dissallowed goal was comical. 

Tav hasnt had 1 good game yet this season. Theres been a few like this hes been god awful then hit 1 great cross for a goal or scored himself and gets a pass but cant continue. 

Aribo has talent but doesnt seem to fit the system for me. Looks more like a central attacking midfielder who can find some space skin someone and create a chance than sitting on the left of a midfield 3. 

1 hour ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

It was for the most part but I’ll put it down to the break as my excuse 

Put it down to the break, down to tiredness, down to the team gelling, down to tactics, down to team selection. Our performances outwith a decent half here and there have been sub standard regardless. Management and players need to buck up their ideas and fast.

20 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Pretty fair assessment. 

I'm still strugglng with all the passing across the back line and going forward rather ponderous and disjointed. Too many moves breaking down. We always bemoan the LB role, but it isn't working working down the right. Tav wasn't at his best but imo, it's what's in front of him is the biggest problem. Between movement and lack of understanding, I don't know.

It was a hard watch, but we did get three goals and I'm pretty confident it wall all click sooner than later.

Defence absolutely lost the nut in the second half.

Shades of the Katic collapse of last Season. 

Glad to get the 3 points over the line, but the likes of King and Helander should get a chance because the form of some our players is atrocious. 

Goldson should be dropped but will never be. Katic will probably be dropped next game though. 

Shame for Kent. Good for Barker to get a goal though. 

Ojo had another utter nightmare of a game, assist or not.

Halliday looked very, very lucky to get that free kick when he did.

Just glad to get the 3 points. Hope we wake up before Thursday.

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

The midfield in that 2nd half was an absolute disgrace we left Katic and Goldson continually exposed and yes, they never covered themselves in glory at all but our midfield was all over the fucking place. 

Davis is playing too much football at his age. He can't be expected to play 3 times in 8 or 9 days.

5 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

People complaining about a 3-1 win, fuck me......

Delighted with the points mate and if we win the league no cunt will remember Livingston should have scored 3 today, but the defensive lapses are giving me serious cause for concern with games against Feyenoord and Aberdeen coming up 

Archived