*****the official Rangers vs Livingston match thread*****

graeme_4

Just now, psb07158 said:

Delighted with the points mate and if we win the league no cunt will remember Livingston should have scored 3 today, but the defensive lapses are giving me serious cause for concern with games against Feyenoord and Aberdeen coming up 

Oh they'll remember Livingston could have had another 2 but they'll forget in the first half Arfield hitting the post and Alfie's 2 chances.

Naw wait that's already been forgot. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldnt make the game today but by all accounts it was a bit of a slog.  Livingston are probably one of the better teams in this league though, so  a 3  1 win will do. We could have a few games like that over the next few weeks with kent and jones out, just keep winning is the thing. We should be more than capable of beating every other team in this league bar celtic without kent  cos theres no doubt everyone of them maybe bar motherwell are pretty pish this year. Just keep winning till the next old firm game.

Just in from the game.

Horrible watch. Nearly went to the pub at HT and still a bit annoyed I didn't despite the second half.

Really muted response for both our first and second goals - it was like people felt they were forced to celebrate - which says it all really.

Ground out 3 points but fuck me if we are playing anyone slightly better than Livingston we are losing that. Nearly the whole team today had an off game.

I don't know why but I'm actually really annoyed by today, delighted by with the 3 points and the 3 goals but the defensive play today is really pissing me off.

Goldson has been living on too much goodwill from the manager for a while. He was rotten again today and not for the first time. I wouldn't want to try Katic & Helander against Feyenoord but play them two next Sunday.

Andy Halliday, thanks but no thanks. Can we start to give Barisic a run in the team now? I understand today why he went with Halliday (internationals) but come on to fuck let's actually see our 2 million pound Croatian international get a run of games!!

1 clean sheet in 5 worries me personally. Still think we could have used McCrorie this year to give is more security between the defence and the midfield. It would also allow Barisic's defensive issues to not be as much of an issue. People mention his passing but no one in that midfield out with Davis will pass longer than 5 yards, or even forward for that matter.

Shame about Kent's injury and I hope he isn't out too long. Ojo...enough said the better. Really happy to see Barker come on and play pretty well, I hope he keeps it up.

Another thing that's bothering me is once again we've needed Tav & Alfie to bail us out again. Mind you Tav has owed us big goal or assist.

I know very doom and gloom after a win but I just hate shitey defending and I know at some point it's going to cost us. It's okay today but it wont tomorrow! 

Was always going to be a hard one , this . Livi are well organised , and before the game undefeated and only a point behind us . Defensively we were all over the place , but I don't think our forward play , particularly in the second half was as bad as some make out . 

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

That's a downright lie tbh. 

The big number 9 that got sent off bullied him the whole game and won every flick on.

There was a point in second half from a goalies kick out he lets ball go as thinks it’s going to Mcgregor and Goldson covers him.

He then lost his man at free kick at 2-1 and guy misses a free header.

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The big number 9 that got sent off bullied him the whole game and won every flick on.

There was a point in second half from a goalies kick out he lets ball go as thinks it’s going to Mcgregor and Goldson covers him.

He then lost his man at free kick at 2-1 and guy misses a free header.

I can distinctly remember at least 3 headers in a row he won in the first half. 

13 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Just in from the game.

Horrible watch. Nearly went to the pub at HT and still a bit annoyed I didn't despite the second half.

Really muted response for both our first and second goals - it was like people felt they were forced to celebrate - which says it all really.

Ground out 3 points but fuck me if we are playing anyone slightly better than Livingston we are losing that. Nearly the whole team today had an off game.

Tbf Livingston were third until they played us today, they’re a very effective side imo.

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I don't know who it was against he still won balls in the air though. 

The Number 9, his direct opponent, beat him in air at will today.

Bullied him all game until sent off.

if you never seen that fair enough. You watched a different game from me then.

16 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Tbf Livingston were third until they played us today, they’re a very effective side imo.

That's the truth, they were third for a reason. The only other team that concerns me until the old firm game are motherwell. I sincerely believe everyone else are crap, and I include Aberdeen in that. Livi or motherwell look good for coming third this year.

Another gripe I forgot to put in my earlier post. We are going to burn Scott Arfield out even more than he already looks.

We didn't need him today and we didn't need him at St Mirren either. We needed him rested for celtic and we need him rested for Feyenoord. He is one of our most important players but there are games we can do without him. 

King, Kamara & Docherty could have played today leaving Arfield for Thursday. Why build a squad if we aren't going to use it?

1 hour ago, SIRB_72 said:

Another gripe I forgot to put in my earlier post. We are going to burn Scott Arfield out even more than he already looks.

We didn't need him today and we didn't need him at St Mirren either. We needed him rested for celtic and we need him rested for Feyenoord. He is one of our most important players but there are games we can do without him. 

King, Kamara & Docherty could have played today leaving Arfield for Thursday. Why build a squad if we aren't going to use it?

You make a good point, particularly with Arfield. I would also put Tav in that category. He's not firing on all cylinders and that a lot to do with what's in front of him imo, but that's a separate issue, but we do need to keep him hungry and not burn him out.

We have a decent squad. Let's use it ffs, or as you say we burn out for the really important games against strong oppo.

14 minutes ago, blueballss said:

Just in from game, struggle but 3 points. Just wondering why Gerrard  is  not demanding we take a feckin shot from outside the box, pass from side to side was tiresome today 

We tried a number of times but each shot was rubbish or was blocked

Archived