*****the official Rangers vs Livingston match thread*****

graeme_4

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take 3 points today bit that was a struggle we looked poor. I thought we got away with it today. Was Halliday fouled for their second It did look like their player did come through the back but looked soft. He is to lightweight to leave back at corners. 

10 minutes ago, Jamie1387 said:

Take 3 points today bit that was a struggle we looked poor. I thought we got away with it today. Was Halliday fouled for their second It did look like their player did come through the back but looked soft. He is to lightweight to leave back at corners. 

they scored  1

6 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

they scored  1

Aye ok but you know what i mean if the ref doesnt blow his whistle then they would have had 2.  It looked a soft foul but it more about how we set up for defending if they broke away when we had a corner.

1 hour ago, blueballss said:

Just in from game, struggle but 3 points. Just wondering why Gerrard  is  not demanding we take a feckin shot from outside the box, pass from side to side was tiresome today 

It’s really annoying, especially when we have a midfielder, Jack, Davis, Arfield, directly within sight of the goal just outside the box and they slow it down to take a touch and look for a pass. 

25 minutes ago, Jamie1387 said:

Agreed. He goes down like a sack of spuds in literally every game he plays. 

Just now, Jamie1387 said:

Aye ok but you know what i mean if the ref doesnt blow his whistle then they would have had 2.  It looked a soft foul but it more about how we set up for defending if they broke away when we had a corner.

So they didn't get a second  - thought i'd missed a goal, thanks for clearing that up. 

Not only should Halliday not be at the back by himself he shouldn't even be playing. 

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

You make a good point, particularly with Arfield. I wouls also put Tav in that category. He's not firing on all cylinders and that a lot to do with what's in front of him imo, but that's a separate issue, but we do need to keep him humgry and not burn him out.

We have a decent squad. Let's use it fffs, or as you say we burn out for the really important games against strong oppo.

The point about Tav is completely valid. He has been poor this season so far and there are games like St Mirren or even today (though we needed him in the end) were you wonder why we can't trust Polster?

Tav, like Arfield, is one of the players who the team looks at to do something from nothing. When he isn't playing well the whole team suffers and sometimes it is best to remove him games where he is less needed and have him fit and fresh for when we really do. As it stands it looks like Tav is going to have another 50+ game season which, in my opinion, only hurts us in the long run.

37 minutes ago, Jamie1387 said:

Halliday was very lucky, didn't look like a foul

Title winning sides wipe the floor with shite.   Title winning sides also play shite themselves but manage to get three points. Today was one of those days.   There will be 5 or 6 more days like this.  If they all produce 3 points  I won't be complaining. 

2 hours ago, Jamie1387 said:

Halliday had 2 chances to play the ball back to McGregor but delayed and got caught,lucky the Ref blew for the foul but it was a foul even if soft.

5 minutes ago, fernando0606 said:

We will not win the league playing like this

I disagree as we have got the points we previously dropped against lesser teams while not clicking. The celtic game was a major fuck up. If we are within 3/5 points when the split happens we will push them and hopefully by bully them.

2 hours ago, SIRB_72 said:

The point about Tav is completely valid. He has been poor this season so far and there are games like St Mirren or even today (though we needed him in the end) were you wonder why we can't trust Polster?

Tav, like Arfield, is one of the players who the team looks at to do something from nothing. When he isn't playing well the whole team suffers and sometimes it is best to remove him games where he is less needed and have him fit and fresh for when we really do. As it stands it looks like Tav is going to have another 50+ game season which, in my opinion, only hurts us in the long run.

Think wi Tav it's down to losing his wing partner and Ojo doesn't link up.

2 minutes ago, Glory awaits said:

Yes your right..... but watched bits of 2nd half of celtic game in village hotel before went to ibrox, there performance was no better against worst team in league 

Which makes it all the more infuriating and what not we did not set up and play with our strongest team. That game was a missed chance big time. Gerrard has now maybe completely confounded fans a few more times than is necessary. Why can we as mere fans see this but he can't?

9 minutes ago, badjon said:

Which makes it all the more infuriating and what not we did not set up and play with our strongest team. That game was a missed chance big time. Gerrard has now maybe completely confounded fans a few more times than is necessary. Why can we as mere fans see this but he can't?

What was the missed chance??? We got 3 points....  you ever watch la liga,  Barcelona struggle to break down teams who keep 10 behind the ball 

Archived