Flanagan injury

3 hours ago, BlueMe said:

Doesn't bother me either tbh.

Maybe they're not asking to play better than their opponents but only that they play well themselves and stay injury free etc- who knows mate.

I assume it must be the injury thing mate, because anything else would be rather stupid. :happy:

2 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

👍

It's a load of shite and should be banned from all sports ..... there are houses of worship for all this gesticulating  ..... Bob Dylan says it all so well in his song entitled "With God On Our Side" ..... the lyrics are basically echoing what your post above is saying Bud ...... and covers all areas from war to peacetime ..... past to present ...... pish then and pish now .... :p:

:UK:

That seems good to me mate. :cheers:

2 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I reckon if he gets a couple of good results during the international period he will come back and be the player we all hoped he would be...

Aye.....Just like that time before when he went on international duty and came back better 

5 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

We have at least 4 doing that now 

Probably even more than the  bheasts 

The bears from the 60s/70s and 80s will be turning in their graves 

Watched us all thru the decades mentioned and do not give a fuck what sky fairy he worships, I just want him playing well and banging in more free kicks.

Surely this is an opportunity now for Barisic to get a run in side? There are flaws in his game like not being a great defender, lacking dig and seemingly needing a bit of confidence to play well.

I can't help but think if we manage to play him for more than two games in a row a settled run in the side might actually get him going. No doubt there will be a couple of mistakes defensively, there was against St Mirren & Kilmarnock but so have Flanagan and Halliday and they don't seem to receive the same abuse as Barisic. I'll put that down to the obvious expectations we have for him.

Also on that left side considering which ground each player likes to cover if we can get Barisic & Kent on the same wave length we can be dangerous down that side.

I thought Barasic was having one of his best games for us (I mean, still a 7/10) before he came off against Legia perhaps riding the wave from the St Mirren game.

Either way, as others have mentioned this is his chance to step up to the plate and have a run of games. And I do hope he gets a run of games, I don’t want to see Halliday in there besides perhaps the Livi cup game...

11 hours ago, Bears r us said:

It really does not bother me but I always wonder when I see any player (in any team) doing this why they think the Lord would want them to play better than the others with the same religion playing in the same game ? Who get's the blessing to play better when you have the opposition players doing the same thing? 

All very confusing to me. :thinking:

Is it any different to Tav hopping onto the pitch, his lucky bandage, or any other player who always wants to be last out, wears lucky scants, sits in the same dressing room spot, sleeps with his lucky teddy the night before or bangs his mrs upside down in the Harry Potter cupboard under the stairs because we beat celtic the last time he did that?

14 hours ago, BlueMe said:

1802537734_easygif1566740761907.thumb.gif.402cd9874a764045101bbf65f730ce3c.gif

11 hours ago, BlueMe said:

Doesn't bother me either tbh.

Maybe they're not asking to play better than their opponents but only that they play well themselves and stay injury free etc- who knows mate.

11 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

So what? We have starting elevens these days that are more than 50% catholic. If it bothers you, leave 🙂 

Maybe read all his posts before jumping on the high horse? 

25 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Is it any different to Tav hopping onto the pitch, his lucky bandage, or any other player who always wants to be last out, wears lucky scants, sits in the same dressing room spot, sleeps with his lucky teddy the night before or bangs his mrs upside down in the Harry Potter cupboard under the stairs because we beat celtic the last time he did that?

I am trying to work out why players that cross themselves or even pray on the pitch think the Lord should give them a better outcome than players from the same religion playing in the same game. :hmmm:

What you are speaking about is superstition, not religion IMO. 

8 hours ago, Bears r us said:

What you are speaking about is superstition, not religion IMO. 

Religion is the biggest superstition of all my friend - every single one of them.

It's possible to be a good person without any religious involvement.

People are disowning religion in the UK by the thousands every single week. Places of worship close  daily.

I worship Rangers, from the cradle to the grave 😀😀😀🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

1 minute ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Religion is the biggest superstition of all my friend - every single one of them.

It's possible to be a good person without any religious involvement.

People are disowning religion in the UK by the thousands every single week. Places of worship close  daily.

I worship Rangers, from the cradle to the grave 😀😀😀🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

I thought you might tell me that mate and it is all about faith or not.

I was brought up going to Sunday school and then the Kirk until I became an adult, I have always hung on to that up bringing and although I do go to church I will just keep my beliefs now I think.

I fully agree with your point about being a good person and not being religious. :thumbup:

6 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I thought you might tell me that mate and it is all about faith or not.

I was brought up going to Sunday school and then the Kirk until I became an adult, I have always hung on to that up bringing and although I do go to church I will just keep my beliefs now I think.

I fully agree with your point about being a good person and not being religious. :thumbup:

Similar here. Brought up in BB, Sunday school, bible class.

I got to about 15 and realised I was old enough to think for myself, and it just wasn't for me. Got married in a church because she wanted to, but still felt a hypocrite, still do 30 years later.

13 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Similar here. Brought up in BB, Sunday school, bible class.

I got to about 15 and realised I was old enough to think for myself, and it just wasn't for me. Got married in a church because she wanted to, but still felt a hypocrite, still do 30 years later.

You did what your wife wanted mate, nothing wrong with that. Just be glad she did not want it in a Chappel. 😁 Sorry could not resist that. 

I think living your life as best you can is a good way to do it, I have just not lost my basic belief and unlikely to I think. 

You can know it is internation football this week when we have started discussing religion. 😁