Jorg Albertz....

beararse

8 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I honestly don't think i've seen another player like Albertz.

Of course there are better players but his style is so unique. How many midfielders have you seen with that left foot hammer ability, and to do it so consistently as well! A player who when he is within 40 yards of goal there is a buzz around the stadium. Struggling to think of anyone who is similar to him?

Maybe Thomas Hitzlsperger. Scored a lot of similar goals and had a rocket of a left foot.

32 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Maybe Thomas Hitzlsperger. Scored a lot of similar goals and had a rocket of a left foot.

Haha he's literally the only other name I could think of but he never quite lived up to the hype. Had a great hit on him though. Whatever happened to him!

Juninho at Lyon was a shout but not quite the same and obviously primarily right footed. Great striker of the ball though.

I remember he hit a free kick at Ibrox against Killie, it hit Gary Holt on the thigh and he was down in agony, his brother who worked beside me said he's still got the mitre mark on his thigh two days later, one of my favourites, I used to back him for first goal every game and done well.

11 hours ago, beararse said:

Stumbled upon this video of his 12 best Rangers goals tonight.

What a player.....pity we've not got someone like him to rifle them in from distance.

The goal against the scum  to beat the bheasts 2-0 in 1998 in league game  was one of the best OF feelings I have ever had

Stopping 10 had just become possible .

The one against them in the Cup semi final at bheastville  ran it very very close

45 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Haha he's literally the only other name I could think of but he never quite lived up to the hype. Had a great hit on him though. Whatever happened to him!

Juninho at Lyon was a shout but not quite the same and obviously primarily right footed. Great striker of the ball though.

He went to Stuttgart and won a league title.

Won 52 caps for Germany too at a time they had guys like Ballack in the side so no mean feat.

Retired a few years back and has since come out as gay.

1 hour ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Obv different positions but Adriano at inter had a cannon of a left peg 

2 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Retired then declared to the world that he smokes bloke.