New (womans team) signings.

Redwhiteandblue

The club are obviously trying to promote the woman's team, infact, the "game" seems to be trying to promote woman's football and it is (slightly) better than it used to be. 

Should we have a new forum for this team? Could also put the reserves in there and the under's teams...

Seriously though, its getting prompted by every FA but unless they start giving women growth hormones the keepers will be useless forever.  (Was it Perugia that tried to sign a woman for their mens team?🤣)

So maybe we should help. It's a disgrace that Hibs are the best team followed by Glasgow city then THEM then us. We probably should get behind them and see how good they can get. Some of the US teams could give bottom of the spl teams a game (probably get humped, but could probably keep the ball better) Man City has probably the best UK team (anyone seen their academy? Makes ours look a joke) 

So hopefully these 3 players move the team up a level...

1 minute ago, Jonnyboyrfc said:

Just canny go women’s football at all it’s absolutely fucking rotten. Would rather watch a game of subbuteo than the two best women’s teams in the world playing each other. 

Never seen subbuteo on tv. 

Alex Morgan from the USA team is stunning though. 

Doesn't even look like a dyke. 

It's great that female Rangers fans now have the dream of playing for Rangers, and at a reasonable level from years gone by.

Women's football has definitely grown in terms of exposure, popularity and quality however the quality is still very poor. Having watched some of the world cup, overall the quality isn't great. Like anything the more that's put into it the better they'll get but I think there's only so far they'll ever get in terms of quality.

I'm fairly sure that the USA team and a number of women's teams over the years have played and lost, heavily at times, to under 14/15 boys teams. I don't know how seriously these games would have been but it's not a great look either way. I have no doubt the likes of East Stirling would win about 20/30 nil! There's no comparison.

Regardless good luck to them and I wish them all the best.

40 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

The club are obviously trying to promote the woman's team, infact, the "game" seems to be trying to promote woman's football and it is (slightly) better than it used to be. 

Should we have a new forum for this team? Could also put the reserves in there and the under's teams...

@govanblue and the sponsor's fund used to have a womans team player sponsored for RM.

31 minutes ago, Jonnyboyrfc said:

Also spare me the sexist pish, it’s fuck all to do with the fact they’re women it’s because they’re absolutely shite. 

Well if we stopped folk who are shite at football playing not many would be playing. 

See if/when the girls are top of the league, I'm sure there would be a whole lot of more interest in the team  and a new forum wouldn't be out of place.

Just out of interest - the final of the FLY cup today is between the bluebottles and the greenbottles. Who do you want to win? There is your answer.

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Well if we stopped folk who are shite at football playing not many would be playing. 

I don’t want them to stop playing, they can batter on as much as they want, each to their own I’ve just zero interest in watching or reading about it 

42 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Ticks the equality box I suppose.  

The world is organised around box-ticking - sport, media, politics, advertising,  everything unfortunately.  

Women who want to play football are only doing it to tick a box? You don't think they might actually want to play football?

Utterly bizarre comment, especially coming from a woman.

8 minutes ago, Jonnyboyrfc said:

I don’t want them to stop playing, they can batter on as much as they want, each to their own I’ve just zero interest in watching or reading about it 

Then don’t, I’m sure the millions of young girls won’t miss you mate. 😂