New (womans team) signings.

Redwhiteandblue

23 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Then don’t, I’m sure the millions of young girls won’t miss you mate. 😂

I’m not, why are you making a deal out of the fact I said I don’t like women’s football?! 😂🥴 pipe down - you like it, I don’t, you’ll watch it, I won’t end of story 👍🏼 Not criticised anyone who does.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Ticks the equality box I suppose.  

The world is organised around box-ticking - sport, media, politics, advertising,  everything unfortunately.  

Eh? Wft? The world is organised? Maybe not. 

Bag of shite. But we get on with it. 

I do anyway. 

Just now, Jonnyboyrfc said:

I’m not, why are you making a deal out of the fact I said I don’t like women’s football?! 😂🥴 pipe down - you like it, I don’t, you’ll watch it, I won’t end of story 👍🏼 Not criticised anyone who does.

Don’t personally like it  

But I don’t feel the need to knock it down when there are millions of folk who do want to watch it. 

1 hour ago, Mols94 said:

Women who want to play football are only doing it to tick a box? You don't think they might actually want to play football?

Utterly bizarre comment, especially coming from a woman.

No, of course  anyone should be able to play any sport where did I say they shouldn’t? but actually what we are talking about is senior men’s football clubs feeling they have to also have women’s teams when there really isn’t the appetite for it. 

Oh and women aren’t a homogeneous blob with one opinion - sometimes we actually manage to have our own thoughts and ideas, “bizarre” as that may seem to some men. 

1 hour ago, bigblueyonder said:

As long as it's funding itself, they can do what they like. 

Exactly.

No problem whatsoever with professional women's football being improved and developed if there's an appetite there for people wanting to watch it.

I said it in a different thread but the movement for women's players to have equal pay is a fucking joke though.

As are the suggestions that the male goalkeepers should allow the women to train alongside them to help them improve.

7 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

No, of course  anyone should be able to play any sport where did I say they shouldn’t? but actually what we are talking about is senior men’s football clubs feeling they have to also have women’s teams when there really isn’t the appetite for it. 

Oh and women aren’t a homogeneous blob with one opinion - sometimes we actually manage to have our own thoughts and ideas, “bizarre” as that may seem to some men. 

SAe7cB.gif

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

31,000 at the the Etihad yesterday would beg to differ that 'theres no appetite' for it. The WSL has made great progress in a very short time.

Improving the skill levels and the competitiveness of the leagues will help. The fact that few womens teams had support from established clubs was part of the issue. 

5 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

31,000 at the the Etihad yesterday would beg to differ that 'theres no appetite' for it. The WSL has made great progress in a very short time.

Improving the skill levels and the competitiveness of the leagues will help. The fact that few womens teams had support from established clubs was part of the issue. 

There has been progress, yes.  But - Yesterday’s game was £7 for an adult with 3 accompanying under 16s free.  Today’s match is completely free.  Great for boosting attendances in the EFL top tier, but totally unsustainable for teams who can barely finance their men’s team.  So a long long way to go.