Our plight and international depression?

Orange and Blue

Scotland need to start again with that national team.  Bring in a manager who has a more modern approach.  Then pick squads with no players over the age of 25.  Write off the short-term and hope to make a bit of progress by 2022, or 2024.

Honestly, a drastic approach like this is needed.  Managers who insist on ultra defensive football and pick their wee favourites is a fucking joke.  We could use a foreign manager with progressive ideas and no bias towards any domestic side.   

15 minutes ago, TMB said:

Scotland need to start again with that national team.  Bring in a manager who has a more modern approach.  Then pick squads with no players over the age of 25.  Write off the short-term and hope to make a bit of progress by 2022, or 2024.

Honestly, a drastic approach like this is needed.  Managers who insist on ultra defensive football and pick their wee favourites is a fucking joke.  We could use a foreign manager with progressive ideas and no bias towards any domestic side.   

Talking too much sense there!!  Remember it's the SFA you're talking about :headwall:

2 hours ago, TMB said:

As if any manager coming in is ever going to end the international careers of Forrest, McGregor and others because they're a year or two over 25.

Absolute lunacy!

13 hours ago, Bearsden bear said:

Every team we play against  are technically superior. Its been that way for years now and the physical approach we adopt doesnt wash against half decent players.

Not bothered at all with Scotland but issue goes way back long before our financial plight. Time to reset.

Today's lot are miles behind technically from their opponents. And the get stuck in with passion doesn't work anymore as the opponents are big athletes who can handle it. 

4 hours ago, TMB said:

You strike me as the type of person who would’ve given the Rangers job to Ian Cathro and would refuse to admit it was a mistake even when we’re getting gubbed every week. 

4 hours ago, TMB said:

He would be sacked before he started for not picking enough fenians.

15 hours ago, Orange and Blue said:

We should've brought through in the lower leagues a batch of Gers kids through the ranks but Ally decided  to bring in has-beens shit like Black,Kyle etc.

14 hours ago, TMB said:

Yes, we should've built a young exciting team playing a modern brand of attacking football that's what we all wanted.  But, McCoist absolutely fucked it and it was our club who suffered as a result of it.  That McCoist demanded a full years wage (something like £700k) rather than do the right thing and just walk was unforgivable.  The damage that guy done set us back years but we're coving old ground here.  

:lol:

Well that's just a lot of fanciful shite.

But yes, old ground.

How on earth Charlie mulgrew still gets picked is beyond actual madness.  Bunch of no hopers and while the media wax lyrical about McGregor it just goes to show it’s the players around him at the dump which make him look better than he is.

who is even the guaranteed starters for Scotland anymore?  

16 hours ago, Orange and Blue said:

No needing reminding 2012 David Murray fucked us, with us going into administration the most of the Scottish teams have shit on us from a far height and voted on us to start again from the bottom of Scottish football,which in my opinion has resulted in the Scotland team being pish and international depression. We should've brought through in the lower leagues a batch of Gers kids through the ranks but Ally decided  to bring in has-beens shit like Black,Kyle etc. So I think Scotland  has suffered. So fuck the SFA and onwards and upwards for the Gers.

First off love that you start off with a. Reminder of the thing you don't want to be reminded of.

Secondly, the sfas problems whilst being self inflicted, is not caused by us or the decisions they made against us. Footballs a changed game with TV money, Scotland in general haven't kept up, that was the case long before we went down. If the sfa had brought in/kept the right men in charge, they'd be doing a lot better.

Not sure what the ally point is, I'd argue Kyle and black weren't has beens, they were just shite (especially black) could have brought through youth. Yeah he could have. Not sure we'd have changed the national team in anyway by doing that. Even the best two of the youths that did make it during that spell (McKay and MacLeod) aren't at that level..

I lost interest in watching Scotland a long time ago and honestly seeing our players called up just makes me concerned that they'll get injured.

4 hours ago, loyalfollower said:

How on earth Charlie mulgrew still gets picked is beyond actual madness.  Bunch of no hopers and while the media wax lyrical about McGregor it just goes to show it’s the players around him at the dump which make him look better than he is.

who is even the guaranteed starters for Scotland anymore?  

I turned the Russian game on for the last ten minutes and couldn’t believe Mulgrew was still playing never mind still playing for Scotland. 

6 hours ago, SIRB_72 said:

Though Scotland's issues are long standing for me there is no doubt if Scotland has a strong Rangers and a strong celtic Scottish football benefits.

In the last 10 years the closest Scotland has got to a tournament was Euro 2008 under Walter/ McLeish and the last World Cup under Strachan.

Both of these campaigns have one thing in common one or both clubs were in the Champions League or performing well in Europe which has a correlation to how national sides perform depending on how many players from that nation are actually playing because they are playing the best of the best.

In the 2008 campaign Rangers went to the UEFA cup final 7 months after Scotland losing to Italy after playing in the CL, celtic qualified for the last 16 the month after and it should be noted even Aberdeen got to the last 32 of the UC that season.

In the 2018 campaign Scotland only started to build momentum when Strachan, whether we like it or not and I hated it, filled the first 11 with 6/7 celtic players who were playing in the CL that season despite getting hilariously pumped. Though if you combine that and the fact that our return to the top flight gave celtic a boot up the arse to get a decent manager in took Scotland closer than they'd been for a decade. If they didn't concede that late goal to England or beat Lithuania they would have had a play-off.

I'm going to stop now because I sound like I actually care. Long story short our demise and them giving us a kicking while we were down has only enhanced the damaged reputation of Scottish football and it's national side. My personal opinion is fuck them, you reap what you sow!

Too right. We said all this would happen at the time but they were blinded by hatred and personal agendas. Too stupid and short sighted  to consider the bigger picture.

Actually quite enjoying watching Scotland getting humped nowadays. 

Its the fault of the sfa and the snp. Allowing participants in a competition to vote their major rival out. Not good for the game, not good for social cohesion, not good for sectarianism, not good for antisocial behaviour, not good for the finances of dependents in relation to the training of our kids. 

I could be here a while listing all the results of that vote and how we were treated as a support and still are treated. 

Any govt intent on bettering society in the west of scotland would have gave the sfa advice on how to handle the situation for the better good of society and scottish football. In their blind hatred for us, this was all irrelevant. 

So fuck the national side. Until the sfa apologise to the club and highlight the mistakes they made in the handling of punishments and its overflow into society, i wont be back or supporting.

Scotland's demise is purely down to the lack of numbers playing football. Bottom line is that forty years ago everyone kicked a ball around morning till night and honed their skills through putting in the hours. Everything has changed now , less parks , can't kick a ball around the streets, parents don't trust you'll be safe outside, far more choices for kids to spend their spare time on. Their doing everything possible to get Scotland into the Euros but we're probably going to fu*k that up too, but I'm convinced a little success would see hampden full again but sadly the talent is not there anymore, guys playing for Scotland who'd never even have been professional back in the day . Obviously the Rangers witch hunt has had an effect on the attitude towards the national team but by fu*k we were shite well before that fiasco occurred. 

There’s always been cunts in the sfa that have hated us they wouldn’t even give the nod for the ECWC Final in 1972 to be shown live on the telly because there was a poxy home international against Wales that night at hampdump, always been jealous wee rhepublican haters in that mhob so as far as the sinn fein association is concerned. . .

DE297CB0-7A8C-43BD-978E-22825C3AC24C.gif.6ffc2c6af4e96c64cc36e3138302d035.gif