Obscenity of TV money

They Gnu

9 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Just heard Cardiff City earned £103m from TV for their season in the EPL, outside of the Premiership only Spain’s big two earned more. A club with our fan base and we’re light years behind, it totally skewed .

The standard of player and the football aint getting any better, it just means average players get superstar money.

38 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Money that sky has been pumping into english football for years. Now you have BT and Amazon throwing money at it. 

We had the chance to stay with sky back when our league had a lot of quality in it. 

Us, taigs and sheep wanted to stay seeing the long term benefits. Rest voted to leave and it's been one bad tv deal after another. 

Yeah. But if we had of stayed with Sky we wouldn’t be earning much more, you don’t sell many more tv packages because you have Scottish football 

56 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

Yeah. But if we had of stayed with Sky we wouldn’t be earning much more, you don’t sell many more tv packages because you have Scottish football 

No where near the English leagues. But I think we would be on a much better deal than now. 

After setanta went bust we had to take whatever deal sky put on the table. 

I remember hearing ages ago when Sevilla were winning the Europa League just about every year and getting into the CL that they had the budget of a English Championship side. Just shows you what can be done with a well run club.

Scottish football needs a total revamp from top to bottom from the leagues, to coaching, to the national side, to who runs the bodies. I'd even go as far and say the media cause they're part of the problem too. The whole thing is a fucking shambles so much so that about the most "innovative"thing Scottish football has done the last 5 years is put a penalty shootout and the end of League Cup group games!

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Why would anybody pump money into the game up here only to see stadiums that are 70% empty on live television? 

Football up here is fucked for good. 

Will never understand why clubs don’t fill up the three stands you can see on TV. 

Saying that, there’s a lot I don’t understand about the back water that is Scottish Football.