Obscenity of TV money

They Gnu

Attended a Man City game years ago as I was down there anyway and looking for something to do.

Row upon row in front of me full of Chinese on a day trip. Taking selfies when there was penalties and free kicks being taken round the box, the lot.

Couldn't stomach that at Ibrox should it ever happen lol 

It just felt so fucking impersonal and touristy.

Give me greeting faced cunts who's been at the fitba since before I was born anyday. 

The game up here is fucked long term barring any major overhaul which is never going to happen. Mainly due in my opinion to the blazer mentality of those at the top and the partizan nature of supporters (and boards alike).  People are entrenched in camps which shows no sign of abating.  

As a few have commented the game here is quite literally hating itself to death. Once the older TA members stop paying their dues the SFA are well and truly shafted.  They need a miracle, a visionary, or both.

10 minutes ago, chris182 said:

The game up here is fucked long term barring any major overhaul which is never going to happen. Mainly due in my opinion to the blazer mentality of those at the top and the partizan nature of supporters (and boards alike).  People are entrenched in camps which shows no sign of abating.  

As a few have commented the game here is quite literally hating itself to death. Once the older TA members stop paying their dues the SFA are well and truly shafted.  They need a miracle, a visionary, or both.

Step forward Gordon Smith or Craig Levein. 

#saveourgame

That's the reality.

21 minutes ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

Attended a Man City game years ago as I was down there anyway and looking for something to do.

Row upon row in front of me full of Chinese on a day trip. Taking selfies when there was penalties and free kicks being taken round the box, the lot.

Give me greeting faced cunts who's been at the fitba since before I was born anyday. 

The amount of phones out at Ibrox for a penalty infuriates me

42 minutes ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

Chinese cannot put down their bloody phones whether in meetings on planes or even at bloody golf events.  Attended a EPGA tournament on Beijing and the stewards were going ballistic to get them to put the phones off -- players putting and the wee Chinks would have ringing phones or were trying to get on the greens for selfies. 

Problem for too many attending 'big league' games ts about the day out - they do not understand that others live and breathe their football team  and to them a visit to the stadium is merely an extension of the Sky viewing experience.

This is nothing new. It's been the same for years now and will continue to be the case for years down the line.

The only difference now is that there seems to be less folk clutching at straws and claiming "the bubble will burst" in English football any day now. They get money because their league is probably the most watched competition in football. We get fuckall because nobody outside this country could give a fuck about Scottish football.

6 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

Game is hating itself to death. So many on here agree. 

I'd plump for summer football. A better TV deal would ensue as we'd be the only show in town for 8 weeks.

I've so many other ideas that it'd bore folk to tears. 

People would still tune in to preseason games with English clubs before watching our league.

Until we've actually got a competition that generates interest from neutral fans then we won't get a better TV deal. Sky can serve up a "Super Sunday" of 3 back to back games of the English Premier League every week which, more often than not, turns out to be at least 2 piss poor games but people still watch it week in week out. Can you imagine anyone sitting through 3 back to back games of our league?

The only fixture we have that even gets a slight bit of interest outside our own fanbase is the Old Firm and even that isn't as big as we like to think it is.

6 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Money that sky has been pumping into english football for years. Now you have BT and Amazon throwing money at it. 

We had the chance to stay with sky back when our league had a lot of quality in it. 

Us, taigs and sheep wanted to stay seeing the long term benefits. Rest voted to leave and it's been one bad tv deal after another. 

Setanta means the beginning of the end in Gaelic 

14 hours ago, They Gnu said:

Just heard Cardiff City earned £103m from TV for their season in the EPL, outside of the Premiership only Spain’s big two earned more. A club with our fan base and we’re light years behind, it totally skewed .

Largest attended league per population in europe if you believe the bbc.

Football standard isn't the problem it's the folk in charge. 

14 hours ago, They Gnu said:

Just heard Cardiff City earned £103m from TV for their season in the EPL, outside of the Premiership only Spain’s big two earned more. A club with our fan base and we’re light years behind, it totally skewed .

Lets not forget it was Scotland and the  CORRUPT SPL and SFA that fucked themselves and the rest of Scottish  football over

The same guys that are their today more or less