Obscenity of TV money

They Gnu

14 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Look no further than those self serving incompetent cunts who run the game here.

We are in the fucking dark ages. Far less our top tier, just look at the nick of the tartan trannies ffs.

Progressive we are not. Taig infested we are. As long as the odds are stacked against the rest and the lion's share filters to nonce fc, nothing changes.

Most accurate post  of the morning :tu:

14 hours ago, They Gnu said:

Just heard Cardiff City earned £103m from TV for their season in the EPL, outside of the Premiership only Spain’s big two earned more. A club with our fan base and we’re light years behind, it totally skewed .

This has got worse but is by no means a new thing. In season 92/93 which was a great year for us Bradford who got relegated from the first EPL earned more than us. I think their parasite payment was more than we made out of our Europe run. 

Edit  before anyone picks me up my memory is playing tricks on me as Bradford wasn't relegated that season. Details obviously hazy but clearly remember being shocked at the time. 

3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Most accurate post  of the morning :tu:

Just can't fucking wait to see  what Liewell comes up with in his new post at UEFA in changing the European game. One thing is for sure, it won't be for our benefit. I feel a franchise on the way, that we aint part of.

13 minutes ago, Brubear said:

This has got worse but is by no means a new thing. In season 92/93 which was a great year for us Bradford who got relegated from the first EPL earned more than us. I think their parasite payment was more than we made out of our Europe run. 

Edit  before anyone picks me up my memory is playing tricks on me as Bradford wasn't relegated that season. Details obviously hazy but clearly remember being shocked at the time. 

Parachute payments weren’t even introduced until 2006. 

You may be talking that Bradford got more money in the EPL in 2000 despite being relegated compared to our Champions League appearance.

29 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Just can't fucking wait to see  what Liewell comes up with in his new post at UEFA in changing the European game. One thing is for sure, it won't be for our benefit. I feel a franchise on the way, that we aint part of.

Depends what position he is mate . If he has sole control. Rangers will be fucked although I don't expect too much of a whimper from the lot running us

Would probably just fall in line as they do .

51 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Lets not forget it was Scotland and the  CORRUPT SPL and SFA that fucked themselves and the rest of Scottish  football over

The same guys that are their today more or less

There would still be a massive difference in TV money between us and England whether the SFA had made an arse of things or not though.

If you want to know how fucked the game is, go to grass roots....as in Under 17's boys football.  The son's team are recognised as one of the better football teams in his league, but are also  bit lightweight.  Give them space and they're pretty good.  An away game on Sunday just passed, and we turn up to a very narrow pitch , as in 18 yard box 3 yards from the touchline, (played there last season and it was significantly wider) and the grass hasn't been cut in about two weeks.  Nullified the quick passing game and forced the game into a scrap where long balls were the best means of getting up the park.  Game finished 2-2 but you can just see the Craig Levein-esque planning that went into this game  and their boys were buying into it.  No wonder we're fucked with dinosaurs like that involved in the game.

6 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

If you want to know how fucked the game is, go to grass roots....as in Under 17's boys football.  The son's team are recognised as one of the better football teams in his league, but are also  bit lightweight.  Give them space and they're pretty good.  An away game on Sunday just passed, and we turn up to a very narrow pitch , as in 18 yard box 3 yards from the touchline, (played there last season and it was significantly wider) and the grass hasn't been cut in about two weeks.  Nullified the quick passing game and forced the game into a scrap where long balls were the best means of getting up the park.  Game finished 2-2 but you can just see the Craig Levein-esque planning that went into this game  and their boys were buying into it.  No wonder we're fucked with dinosaurs like that involved in the game.

What happened to all the stories years back of us learning from the foreign game? I really thought things had changed. Must have all been talk. 

The things like not using size fives with kids, using smaller pitches and goals to avoid the long ball type play. Also arranging kids in terms of size rather than strictly age bands. 

It sounds like it's still the case that the Scottish Messi wouldn't stand a chance. 

10 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

That mentality is rife in amateur football as well. Several teams I know of play on 4G for teams they're confident of beating but the better sides will get taken to the nearest, shittiest grass park available :lol:

19 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

What happened to all the stories years back of us learning from the foreign game? I really thought things had changed. Must have all been talk. 

The things like not using size fives with kids, using smaller pitches and goals to avoid the long ball type play. Also arranging kids in terms of size rather than strictly age bands. 

It sounds like it's still the case that the Scottish Messi wouldn't stand a chance. 

To be fair, that example is more the exception than the rule, but there is still an over-riding principle in much of youth football that winning is the most important thing.  This guy probably thought he was a tactical genius. 

Another example, I took my son out of a football academy because the unwritten philosophy was they wanted bigger aggressive boys...which my son wasn't...but he was the most likely in the team to find another team mate with a pass.   In a meeting with the coach and head of the academy before I took him out, the conversation (paraphrased) was ;

"he doesn't have a trick"....

"what, like being the most likely in your squad  to bring a ball under control on his first touch and actually bring team-mates into the game?"...

"yes, well, maybe, that's a strength, but there's more to the game than that, but he does get pushed off the ball more easily than others"...

"aye, he's wee.  He is the youngest and smallest in your squad.  Maybe you should be working on them finding space better then?"...

"we work on that all the time"..."

not very well, not many of the players are good at it"... etc.

And then we left, not to come back.

14 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

No where near the English leagues. But I think we would be on a much better deal than now. 

After setanta went bust we had to take whatever deal sky put on the table. 

Don’t agree, the Scottish product is worth what it is and that’s reflected in the price we get from an open market. We can’t compare ourselves to the English, people buy broadband and tv packages based on who has what English games. Very few subscribers choose their packages based on who has what English football.  

16 hours ago, AlCapone said:

Yeah. But if we had of stayed with Sky we wouldn’t be earning much more, you don’t sell many more tv packages because you have Scottish football 

Less about the money and more about the platform the Sky thing, Sky is by far the best platform for any sports person/team to be on exposure wise 

I don’t imagine leagues like MLS or Eredivise get much money from Sky but having it on there draws in an audience and potential fans they usually wouldn’t 

3 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Liewell did something for our benefit, however our wonderful custodian decided to play the one nation paternalist and sided with the diddy ten...….

Any normal business person would either insist on individual TV rights or, if pooling was the only way, then take a representative cut. In this instance RFC and the filth take 70% and leave the 30% for the rest. But no, we know best and give all our money away to scum who actively seek to fuck us over......

4 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Parachute payments weren’t even introduced until 2006. 

You may be talking that Bradford got more money in the EPL in 2000 despite being relegated compared to our Champions League appearance.

Cheers mate that would make sense as I was back in Scotland then and was living abroad in 1993  

41 minutes ago, SuperPapac05 said:

I really wish we could have just started again at the bottom on the English league in 2012 and be far away from this shitty, tarrier infested corrupt country once and for all. 

Assuming we got to start at Step 10 and had been promoted every season we would only be in League 1 now and have had no European football.

18 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Chinese cannot put down their bloody phones whether in meetings on planes or even at bloody golf events.  Attended a EPGA tournament on Beijing and the stewards were going ballistic to get them to put the phones off -- players putting and the wee Chinks would have ringing phones or were trying to get on the greens for selfies. 

Problem for too many attending 'big league' games ts about the day out - they do not understand that others live and breathe their football team  and to them a visit to the stadium is merely an extension of the Sky viewing experience.

18 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Chinese cannot put down their bloody phones whether in meetings on planes or even at bloody golf events.  Attended a EPGA tournament on Beijing and the stewards were going ballistic to get them to put the phones off -- players putting and the wee Chinks would have ringing phones or were trying to get on the greens for selfies. 

Problem for too many attending 'big league' games ts about the day out - they do not understand that others live and breathe their football team  and to them a visit to the stadium is merely an extension of the Sky viewing experience.

Hauwei ye go mate.