Colombia fans demand Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos is recalled to squad

Smile

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/17895261.colombia-fans-demand-Rangers-striker-alfredo-morelos-recalled-squad-goalless-draw/

Colombia fans have blasted Carlos Quieroz for leaving out Alfredo Morelos - demanding he is given a chance in the national squad after they drew 0-0 with Venezuela last night.

Rangers star Morelos has been in scintillating form for his club so far this season, scoring ten goals in 12 matches in all competitions.

His national team could only manage a goalless draw in Tampa, Florida last night leaving frustrated supporters calling for change.

Striker Rafael Santos Borre was slaughtered for his profligacy during the clash.
And fans urged Morelos to fill his space in the next international set-up.
One fan wrote: "Borre was terrible. It is imperative that we give Alfredo Morelos the opportunity again."
Another snapped: "Alfredo Morelos has grown tired of scoring goals in Scotland like the one Borre just missed."

One added: "Alfredo Morelos was removed from the national team because he didn't play well last time. I ask ... will Borré still be called?"
A fourth moaned: "The formation doesn't suit Borre. It should be Alfredo Morelos."
One Gers player who did do well for his national squad is Joe Aribo.
The playmaker scored four minutes into his Nigeria debut last night.

I think he’s still suffering from his disciplinary record at the end of last season which saw him lose his place in the first instance. You’ve got to think that is approaching the ‘water under the bridge’ phase and after a couple of decent European performances in the coming weeks he’s a stick on to be recalled. 

2 minutes ago, Jonnyboyrfc said:

I think he’s still suffering from his disciplinary record at the end of last season which saw him lose his place in the first instance. You’ve got to think that is approaching the ‘water under the bridge’ phase and after a couple of decent European performances in the coming weeks he’s a stick on to be recalled. 

That's a big expectation given who we are about to play. I think we will really struggle to get out of this group.  It's a Champions League group in all but name. However, as you say - if he can perform against these top clubs then he is a cert for the national side. PS, fuck the Colombian FA.

7 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

That's a big expectation given who we are about to play. I think we will really struggle to get out of this group.  It's a Champions League group in all but name. However, as you say - if he can perform against these top clubs then he is a cert for the national side. PS, fuck the Colombian FA.

Yeah I mean when I say decent performances I’m not saying go out and score a hat trick against Feyenoord but if he plays as good as we know he can he can (certainly next week) give the defence a torrid time and show his worth in front of a far reaching audience. Agreed it’s a very tough group and oh how expectations have changed in the space of a year!!!

Just now, BlueMe said:

If he doesn't get called up after that performance then he never will tbh.

Bullied their defence from start to finish and was easily the best player on the park imo. 

Love you Buff.

If it wasn’t for Jack he would have been my man of the match. Outstanding. 

We have a fucking brilliant coaching staff. 

Archived