Mark Allen has left the club

Sparkle

1 hour ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

The Kent deal. Last minute just before he went to Brugge. 

Then allen goes. 

Gerard raging that he nearly lost out after Allen promising the deal!? 

Just saying

Not sure about that. 

More like the deals are all done, window closes, - time to go before work starts on summer targets 

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

WTF are you on about? You want a board picking the team aye?!

Know any players who are Directors of big clubs?

That's why they bring in the hired help and the main man being the fucking manager.

Get a life ffs.

They also brought in Pedro and gave him £8-£10m buying duds that we had to pay off or are still paying. 

I just want some folk that have previous of running football clubs day to day don’t need to be ex players and a don’t mean running a tinpot club like Motherwell. 

Greame Park begged the board for Pedro and he’s still involved with us. 

If MA hadn’t recommended Steven Gerrard we would have been going for McInnes. 

A don’t know who’s job this is MA or the boards but we have probably paid more to get rid of players the last year that we have received in transfer fees. We had players holding off for a pay off than looking for a transfer because we done it with one player the rest wanted some money. When you are paying players to leave there is a major problem. 

27 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

They also brought in Pedro and gave him £8-£10m buying duds that we had to pay off or are still paying. 

I just want some folk that have previous of running football clubs day to day don’t need to be ex players and a don’t mean running a tinpot club like Motherwell. 

Greame Park begged the board for Pedro and he’s still involved with us. 

If MA hadn’t recommended Steven Gerrard we would have been going for McInnes. 

A don’t know who’s job this is MA or the boards but we have probably paid more to get rid of players the last year that we have received in transfer fees. We had players holding off for a pay off than looking for a transfer because we done it with one player the rest wanted some money. When you are paying players to leave there is a major problem. 

Many Directors of many clubs make many wrong decisions in managers. Just look at the EPL ffs.

MA good or bad I don't know, but the main man is Gerrard, not MA and as I said previously, there is no evidence that MA brought Gerrard here and not even King, but at the end of the day, it's King that sanctions all. I cannot divulge how Gerrard got here as it's very personal, but think business, as I alluded to at the time.

There were also many on here who were rubbishing the decision to bring Gerrard here. They know who they are.

At the end of the day, there is only one who will be key to success or failure and that is Gerrard.

ManU have an all powerful experienced board that includes Sir Alex and look at the nick of them. With all your criticism, you must be perfect, so successful and a multi millionaire living in a castle? 

Thought not.

MA is gone. We move forward and we see what happens. Good or bad.

3 hours ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

The Kent deal. Last minute just before he went to Brugge. 

Then allen goes. 

Gerard raging that he nearly lost out after Allen promising the deal!? 

Just saying

Love when people make up their own brutal theories like this 

4 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

It'll not be anything of the sort that fucks 55 it'll be those bizarre team selections like our last game that does that 

I was being sarcastic.

Still think we can get it this season. Plenty of games left. Both SG and the players need to wisen up obviously.  Hopefully smash Livingston today to get some confidence back

I see there are a lot of views about the timing of the announcement.  It seems to me to have been orchestrated with a media release scripted to make it as clear that the announcement is a joint effort of Club statement, Robertson statement, Gerrard statement and Allen statement.  Its been stage-crafted with the timing being a deliberate choice ie just before actual football gets going again so that when it does get going the main talk among Supporters will be about football matches and not about backroom stuff.    In other words its headlines for a day then quickly left behind as the important stuff of points won returns to the rightful top of the agenda for Supporters.

There is a statement in the announcement text that leaves a bit of a door open for possible questions though.  It says he is leaving to explore other options (so maybe he's been tapped up)…...and it says he is moving on for family reasons.    That latter part might beg a question that in this age the media might pose.   On the one hand it may be just normal to want to spend more time working closer to where family is (if his family is not living in central Scotland).   Those who have worked many years away from home will know the truth in that.    On the other hand if part of the reason is because his family experiences adverse issues because of Mark's prominent and senior position at Rangers then that'd be bound to affect them all.   I'm not saying that is the case or inferring that it might be....I'm just noting that a 'family reasons' line can mask a number of different things that influence decision making.   

The Club statement - as is usual these days - goes so far and then stops short of being more transparent for the Support.   It's all rear view mirror stuff.  It mentions nothing whatsoever about a search for a replacement being launched or whether a replacement will even be sought or - if the Board hasn't decided yet on these points - who does the work that Allen would do for the next transfer window which will be upon us in about 3 months time.   Somebody has to do it.   Can't possibly add that to Gerrard's workload....or can they.      Point is - is it the intention to replace him either at all and if 'yes' before the next transfer window opens.

In any event I'd rather we'd kept Allen and it was Robertson that was going.    We probably wouldn't have had anywhere near as many pages of comment if it had been Robertson who had announced his departure.     

1 hour ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Daily Mail suggesting it’s to do with not shifting deadwood..

I would suggest it is hardly Allens fault that nobody wants our duds, the representatives of other clubs will have had a look at the product on offer and the package required to secure the signing and would have thought fuck that, Allen can't make them more sellable.

14 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

I see there are a lot of views about the timing of the announcement.  It seems to me to have been orchestrated with a media release scripted to make it as clear that the announcement is a joint effort of Club statement, Robertson statement, Gerrard statement and Allen statement.  Its been stage-crafted with the timing being a deliberate choice ie just before actual football gets going again so that when it does get going the main talk among Supporters will be about football matches and not about backroom stuff.    In other words its headlines for a day then quickly left behind as the important stuff of points won returns to the rightful top of the agenda for Supporters.

There is a statement in the announcement text that leaves a bit of a door open for possible questions though.  It says he is leaving to explore other options (so maybe he's been tapped up)…...and it says he is moving on for family reasons.    That latter part might beg a question that in this age the media might pose.   On the one hand it may be just normal to want to spend more time working closer to where family is (if his family is not living in central Scotland).   Those who have worked many years away from home will know the truth in that.    On the other hand if part of the reason is because his family experiences adverse issues because of Mark's prominent and senior position at Rangers then that'd be bound to affect them all.   I'm not saying that is the case or inferring that it might be....I'm just noting that a 'family reasons' line can mask a number of different things that influence decision making.   

The Club statement - as is usual these days - goes so far and then stops short of being more transparent for the Support.   It's all rear view mirror stuff.  It mentions nothing whatsoever about a search for a replacement being launched or whether a replacement will even be sought or - if the Board hasn't decided yet on these points - who does the work that Allen would do for the next transfer window which will be upon us in about 3 months time.   Somebody has to do it.   Can't possibly add that to Gerrard's workload....or can they.      Point is - is it the intention to replace him either at all and if 'yes' before the next transfer window opens.

In any event I'd rather we'd kept Allen and it was Robertson that was going.    We probably wouldn't have had anywhere near as many pages of comment if it had been Robertson who had announced his departure.     

If it had been Robertson RB, every second post would just be this. :dance:

Gerrard, meanwhile, insists Rangers have been dealt a massive blow with the exit of Director of Football, Mark Allen.

He added: “It doesn’t change things for me in terms of my role.

“But there is a void there at the moment.

“Mark has been brilliant for me and given me incredible support.

“He sold the job to me - not that it needed selling - as the man who came and got me, which I’ll always appreciate.

“But I totally respect and understand his decision.

“He has lived away from his family for two years and he was brought into this club at a time when it needed shaking up.

“Mark was the person and the character to do that and get the club where it is now..

“I would have wanted him to stay around a bit longer. But I respect his decision.

“In terms of whether the club put a similar type person in that role, and how long that’ll take, they’re questions you’ll need to ask the board.

“But I’ll probably be involved in that process. I’m sure there will be a queue for the job but it has to be the right person.

“From when he walked in the door, to where the club is now, he did a hell of a job so fair play to him.

"People think a lot of jobs in football are 9 til 5 but Mark worked around the clock. He worked tirelessly throughout the summer to improve the squad.

“For me he completed his mission of what the club asked him to do. He’ll always be my friend and I enjoyed working with him. I’ve got nothing but good words to say about him.”

1 hour ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Gerrard, meanwhile, insists Rangers have been dealt a massive blow with the exit of Director of Football, Mark Allen.

He added: “It doesn’t change things for me in terms of my role.

“But there is a void there at the moment.

“Mark has been brilliant for me and given me incredible support.

“He sold the job to me - not that it needed selling - as the man who came and got me, which I’ll always appreciate.

“But I totally respect and understand his decision.

“He has lived away from his family for two years and he was brought into this club at a time when it needed shaking up.

“Mark was the person and the character to do that and get the club where it is now..

“I would have wanted him to stay around a bit longer. But I respect his decision.

“In terms of whether the club put a similar type person in that role, and how long that’ll take, they’re questions you’ll need to ask the board.

“But I’ll probably be involved in that process. I’m sure there will be a queue for the job but it has to be the right person.

“From when he walked in the door, to where the club is now, he did a hell of a job so fair play to him.

"People think a lot of jobs in football are 9 til 5 but Mark worked around the clock. He worked tirelessly throughout the summer to improve the squad.

“For me he completed his mission of what the club asked him to do. He’ll always be my friend and I enjoyed working with him. I’ve got nothing but good words to say about him.”

@Blue Avenger @markem

From the horse's mouth 🖕🏻

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

That's just spin for the gullibles. The truth can never be revealed. Nowt wrong with that. Them's the rules.

Stevie probably gave him a piece of Sheffield. By Mark. Nice knowing you.

😂😂🙈

You asked for proof, it's there from our manager, what he got gain by lying about that?

Gerrard's statement worries me. Seems to be suggesting the board make decisions, and he is only there to advise. 

Which means Gerrard either knows who is coming in, and suspects they may not do as good a job as Allen, or that he has not been informed of the next move by the board. 

Either way suggests there might be a slight distancing from our manager on board decisions,

Hopefully I am wrong and the board an Gerrard are fully confident we have made a good decision and can move on. 

On 13/09/2019 at 20:03, Smile said:

Its Official.

https://Rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/mark-allen/

HAVING been instrumental in successfully revamping the football department, Rangers Football Club can announce that Director of Football Mark Allen has informed them he is to leave the club.

Mark has decided that now is the right time for him to move on for family reasons and in order to explore other options, and leaves with the clubs best wishes.

Rangers fully respects Mark’s decision and wishes to place on record its thanks to Mark for his hard work and diligence since joining the Club in the summer of 2017. In that short time he has helped move Rangers into a significantly stronger and more challenging position.

During his tenure, Mark has made a hugely positive impact in bringing in a higher quality of first-team player and he has led the renovation and improvement of the Hummel Training Centre, making it fit for a club the size of Rangers.

Managing Director Stewart Robertson commented: “On behalf of the Board, I would like to thank Mark for his work in recent seasons. We are disappointed to lose him but we appreciate the impact he made during his time in Scotland and he leaves Rangers in a better place than when he first arrived. Losing a man of his calibre is a blow but the practices he put in place at the club will stand us in good stead for the future. We wish Mark well in his future career.”

Mark Allen said: “It has been a privilege to work for Rangers, one of the biggest clubs in football with such a phenomenal fan base, and I’ve loved every minute. Bringing Steven Gerrard to the club will always be a special point in my career and I would like to thank him, his excellent staff, the players and all the staff at Rangers for their support throughout my tenure. My greatest wish is for Rangers to start winning trophies again and I wish them all the very best for the future”

Steven Gerrard said: “I would like to place on record my sincere gratitude to Mark for the incredible support he has shown to me and all of my staff since I came to the club 16 months ago. Mark’s success here is evident for all to see and we would all like to wish him well moving forward.”

Credit where credits due  he came to Rangers to help strengthen the 1st team and to build up the business side of buying and selling players after the Pedro experiment.

He did a good job of building a team that could play in Europe Hopefully he has moved on knowing that he has taught SG to take this on as part of his duties. So that there is no need for a DOF in the future.

Good luck to him for the future. 

Now that he's gone* it would be useful to hear quite soon from the Club what it plans to do about replacing him.  

The first question would presumably be will he be replaced?     With the glowing farewell statement from the Club, Robertson on behalf of the Board and from Gerrard one presumption would be that the role he performed is now considered by the Club to be vital enough that he should be replaced.      I'm saying that on the assumption that the praise lavished out on him was in relation to his performance in the job but underlying that would be the importance of the job itself to the Club in this supposedly modern football era.

If he's not to be replaced either at all or anytime soon ie before the next transfer window opens in a few months time then the question will be how does the work he did as a DOF get redistributed throughout the backroom staff and who then does what.   And who is in overall charge of DOF-type decisions and matters?   It surely can't (mostly or all of it) fall to Gerrard.

If he's to be replaced then presumably they will want someone in the job in very good time before the next transfer window opens so that Gerrard can be consulted fully on the possible signings / transfers-out.   If its to be a Robertson-led committee that picks a replacement then I hope we are not in for months of shuffling about with apparent inaction before a recommendation is made to King for approval.       In the interim who, I wonder, does the DOF job on an interim basis.       Maybe Murty could do that too since he is the standard go-to guy whenever an important football vacancy at Ibrox happens (that's not a serious suggestion btw).

*(I think from the Club statement that he has actually gone as opposed to just a pre-warning announcement that he is going ie the statement says …."he is to leave the club..."      Maybe before he goes he does he DOF role in finding his own replacement)

Archived