*****The Official Rangers v Feyenoord Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

I don't think he's really tinkered mate. Katic and Aribo haven't looked the best the last couple of games and our experienced attacking left sided players are injures.

Aribo has looked a different player in Europe, has that extra bit of space. He also got an assist (should of had two) at the weekend. 

Katic being dropped is a joke if you ask me. Been a man mountain in every game bar two this season and dominant in both boxes. 

Hope I’m sat eating my words at FT though. 

I'm a huge Gerrard fan despite initially being against his appointment. But by fuck he's challenging that with questionable team selections.  Imo that's on par with the scum game tinkering. 

That team selection makes little sense imo.  Think well struggle to make it stick up front. Time will  tell.

7 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Their was a thing on the internet the other day that claimed katic was to be dropped tonight as him and Goldson have fell out....didn't think much about it at the time but the 1st part is spot on with him being dropped....not even on the bench...something is amiss 

Can you be more specific mate?

Unless Ojo and Arfield massively improve their form I just cant see us causing their defence many issues. There is only so much Morelos can do on his own.

Same with Kamara we are gonna need last seasons Kamara to rock up tonight, by all accounts he played really well with Finland on the international break so hopefully that bodes well for tonight.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'm a huge Gerrard fan despite initially being against his appointment. But by fuck he's challenging that with questionable team selections.  Imo that's on par with the scum game tinkering. 

That team selection makes little sense imo.  Think well struggle to make it stick up front. Time will  tell.

Genuine question but where do you think he's really tinkered?

The only two that really stand out are Katic and Aribo. I'm assuming there's more to it than just dropping Katic as he's not even on the bench so that just leaves Aribo who IMO has been very poor in the past few weeks?

What team would you have put out?

29 minutes ago, TMB said:

Can’t he rotate Goldson out the squad?  Katic is our best CB and tonight is arguably our best shot at picking up points in this group.

Katic had a poor game at the weekend and aren't him and Helander quite similar players? 

11 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Pretty easy to suss our philosophy in this game with the line up. Attacking FBs, 2 inside forwards to create the space, 3 defensive minded CMs to keep the middle tight and a left and right footed CBs to fill in the attacking FBs gap if needed. 

Gotcha Stevie.

5 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Can you be more specific mate?

The blog that @Gazzalivesforever mentions, it was a pop up on my phone on Tuesday,  like I said I didn't read to much into it as it was either Rangers rumours or Ibrox  noise that wrote it, both aren't the most reliable in truth 

Aribo has been terrible over the last few weeks and Kamara is class when he turns up. Imagine it's to get Tav and Barasic further up playing with 3 more central midfielders.

Got the goal/attacking threat of Aribo, Barker and Defoe to bring on fresh if the games needing it later on.

Archived