*****The Official Rangers v Feyenoord Thread*****

G.E.C.

7 hours ago, Bakbear said:

So lost that we only conceded one goal and it was a penalty conceded by Arfield. 

So lost that Livi only managed 2 shots on goal

they didn’t have their best game but I don’t think it was bad enough to drop them. 

I was as pissed off as everyone else with another less than emphatic performance but let’s not exaggerate.

We lacked a cutting edge in the first half when Livi did nothing to threaten. And we won 3-1. We need to be better but it wasn’t so bad that wholesale changes are needed. 

Arfield needs rested. Maybe Aribo too. Barisic is our best left back and that’s a worry, I won’t go into some of our summer signings because that’s another thread 

😂😂 so we are going down we only conceded one goal so the defence was ok. 

Thats on the same route as the performance was shite but we got 3 points, which might sound good until the performance is still shite and we got humped. 

Helander has played in Serie A, Edmundson is every bit as good if not better than the 2 that are starting at the moment, so there is no great gamble playing either of them or both. 

Unless of course you want to be the guy that will play his favourites no matter what 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

😂😂 so we are going down we only conceded one goal so the defence was ok. 

Thats on the same route as the performance was shite but we got 3 points, which might sound good until the performance is still shite and we got humped. 

Helander has played in Serie A, Edmundson is every bit as good if not better than the 2 that are starting at the moment, so there is no great gamble playing either of them or both. 

Unless of course you want to be the guy that will play his favourites no matter what 

I happen to think Goldson needs dropped but I don’t believe Katic should be. I would have, however, dropped Goldson yesterday. 

I simply don’t see the sense in dropping our established CH pairing for a game against probably the best team we will play this year.  

Especially for two players we have never played together before. 

If we want to start experimenting with the CH pairings there are better games to do that in  

1 hour ago, Bakbear said:

I happen to think Goldson needs dropped but I don’t believe Katic should be. I would have, however, dropped Goldson yesterday. 

I simply don’t see the sense in dropping our established CH pairing for a game against probably the best team we will play this year.  

Especially for two players we have never played together before. 

If we want to start experimenting with the CH pairings there are better games to do that in  

Drop one or both I don’t really care. 

This played together doesn’t wash either Katic and Goldson still have major problems with what the other one is doing at times. 

It would be better to switch out both and let the other 2 form a partnership because we are going to need them this season. Who we are playing against is irrelevant especially in the EL, we probably won’t get any further so it’s far more important to get the other 2 playing for the more important league games that we really do have to win and they are as good if not better than the current 2. 

22 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

We don't play Porto on Thursday mate. Arguably play the weakest of the 3.

League is the priority and we need to rotate more this season. Getting to the group stage was vital, but even at full strength I don't expect us to advance out of the group.

These 6 games should mainly be the likes of Defoe, Edmundson, Helander, King, Barker, Kamara and maybe Stewart starting.

I disagree, I want to go as far as possible which means playing our best players. Remember, celtic are in the same position.

Not that worried about Feyenoord to be honest and think that they are the weakest out of the three teams that we got. They have been a shadow of the team since we last played them. Lost five and won one in their CL group last year and I think that was their first time in it for a long time. Not doing well in the league this year so far and even though it looks like they will win today that only moves them up to seventh. 

Don't think that we should change the cb's for this game when the others haven't had the game time yet but reckon Barasic will start.

Hopefully Jack is fit and able to start along with Kamara and Arfield. 

I reckon it will be Ojo and Barker with Morelos up front unless Arfield is moved up again. 

2-0 to the famous :tu:

26 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

Think that's about 4 penalties they've had so far this season. They are not scoring a lot through open play. 

They are unbeaten in 5 games three draws two wins, before today they had scored 5 in four games.

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Drop one or both I don’t really care. 

This played together doesn’t wash either Katic and Goldson still have major problems with what the other one is doing at times. 

It would be better to switch out both and let the other 2 form a partnership because we are going to need them this season. Who we are playing against is irrelevant especially in the EL, we probably won’t get any further so it’s far more important to get the other 2 playing for the more important league games that we really do have to win and they are as good if not better than the current 2. 

Spot on post.

We're not going anywhere in the EL, so let's play those 6 group matches by playing more of the squad and grab the cash on offer. 

Who knows, we may find a star pairing or two in these matches. 

Our priority is the League, no ifs or buts.

I’m certain Helander will come in for this, I’d assume the team will be 

McGregor

Tav Goldson Helander Barisic

Kamara Davis Aribo

Arfield Morelos Ojo

Its probably not the best time to try a new set up but with Kent and Jones out we could maybe play a 4-4-2 with a diamond midfield of Davis, Kamara, Arfield and Aribo and stick  both Morelos and Defoe up top.

1 hour ago, pcbear said:

They are unbeaten in 5 games three draws two wins, before today they had scored 5 in four games.

Still half of their goals scored from penalties. The best team that they have played against is Utrecht. Sitting seventh in the league they are hardly a side on form.

I honestly think that we have enough to beat them at home. As I have already said they are not the team that they used to be. 

As I mentioned when they draw was made I've not seen much of them over the past few years. However on paper I note they've been starting with a few guys they got from Swansea who whilst decent aren't anything to fear IMO. Jorgensen isn't a top level striker either IMO. Berghuis is the obvious danger but he has had question marks over his attitude.

If we turn up I fancy us against most at Ibrox to be honest. So far in Europe we have done well. It won't be easy but I'm hopeful of getting the win. If we want to progress a win is massive.

I would start Morelos for this one. Definitely.

12 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Aribo and Ojo need dropped. 

McGregor 

Tav Katic Helander Barisic

Davis Jack King

Arfield Morelos Barker

Not a lot of pace there though. Barker doesn’t look as fast as he once did. However, with Kent and Jones injured i’m not sure who else we’d put in.

Not entirely sure Jack will be ready either.

42 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I thought King looked lively when he came on yesterday. I’d maybe have him instead of Aribo . Difficult as I want give Joe a chance but his form has dipped a bit. We have to have people on form for Thursday.

King is a good player and I would like to see more but his competition not Aribo, besides Aribo has to play imo.

15 hours ago, Bakbear said:

So lost that we only conceded one goal and it was a penalty conceded by Arfield. 

So lost that Livi only managed 2 shots on goal

They won a penalty.  They rattled the bar from a corner.  Their striker caught Halliday out and it would’ve been a goal had the play not been called back.

It was a few chances but they were looking to punish us when they got a sniff.  We, on the other hand, generate plenty of chances but seem to miss constantly.

We need to be more clinical in front of goal especially against better opposition.  

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

They won a penalty.  They rattled the bar from a corner.  Their striker caught Halliday out and it would’ve been a goal had the play not been called back.

It was a few chances but they were looking to punish us when they got a sniff.  We, on the other hand, generate plenty of chances but seem to miss constantly.

We need to be more clinical in front of goal especially against better opposition.  

What you mean to say is their striker fouled Halliday and never caught him out eh?

Archived