*****The Official Rangers v Feyenoord Thread*****

G.E.C.

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

They won a penalty.  They rattled the bar from a corner.  Their striker caught Halliday out and it would’ve been a goal had the play not been called back.

It was a few chances but they were looking to punish us when they got a sniff.  We, on the other hand, generate plenty of chances but seem to miss constantly.

We need to be more clinical in front of goal especially against better opposition.  

They had 3 very good chances from 3 set pieces in a row one hit the bar and a think McGregor made a good save from another. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

King is a good player and I would like to see more but his competition not Aribo, besides Aribo has to play imo.

I want to see Aribo next to King two in that midfield three.  Let both play as number 8s and try to get in and around the box.  

With Jones and Kent out there’s always a place for Arfield out on the wide areas.  I’d have him at RW over Ojo any day.  

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

What you mean to say is their striker fouled Halliday and never caught him out eh?

Halliday should’ve knocked it out the park or passed it back to McGregor.  That he was even in a position to be caught was unacceptable.  It was terrible defending and on another day the defender wins it cleanly and we lose a goal due to a defensive error.

Just now, TMB said:

I want to see Aribo next to King two in that midfield three.  Let both play as number 8s and try to get in and around the box.  

With Jones and Kent out there’s always a place for Arfield out on the wide areas.  I’d have him at RW over Ojo any day.  

I prefer Arfield in the role he played yesterday but I think he will be pushed into the front 3 again until Kent returns. If that happens, King could play that role. So far ( and I don't understand why ) the combination of Aribo & Kamara doesn't work when it should. I fear Gerrard is going to burn Davis out.

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

Halliday should’ve knocked it out the park or passed it back to McGregor.  That he was even in a position to be caught was unacceptable.  It was terrible defending and on another day the defender wins it cleanly and we lose a goal due to a defensive error.

He should’ve, it was, and if my auntie had balls she’d be my uncle.

Trying to pick a team for this is solid tbh, only player I have any confidence in turning up is Morelos and I’m not even confident Gerrard will start him.

Think if Jack is fit he should play, Arfield doesn’t fill me with any hope as a central midfielder or out wide, and the two other choices are Ojo and Barker which also give me no hope. 

Both central defenders are in poor form, as well as Tavernier imo, and then Halliday or Barisic 🤮

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He should’ve, it was, and if my auntie had balls she’d be my uncle.

It was terrible defending.  It looked like he was trying to shield the ball from the striker who was rushing on to him.  He was the last defender and should’ve booted it out or kicked it to McGregor.  He did neither and it almost cost us a goal. 

In Scotland would we be surprised if the referee didn’t give a foul and we went 2-1 down?  Why even put yourself in that position.  It was shite defending any way you look at it.  

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

Aribo and Ojo need dropped. 

McGregor 

Tav Katic Helander Barisic

Davis Jack King

Arfield Morelos Barker

I’d start Ojo purely because it might be more of an open game but wouldn’t be against that 11 tbh. My only worry is how match fit King might/might not be. 

7 minutes ago, TMB said:

It was terrible defending.  It looked like he was trying to shield the ball from the striker who was rushing on to him.  He was the last defender and should’ve booted it out or kicked it to McGregor.  He did neither and it almost cost us a goal. 

In Scotland would we be surprised if the referee didn’t give a foul and we went 2-1 down?  Why even put yourself in that position.  It was shite defending any way you look at it.  

I said it was shite defending, but he was fouled, and he wasn’t caught out.

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Foderingham 

Polster Edmundson Helander Barisic 

King Kamara Aribo 

Ojo Defoe Barker

I take it you are another one who could care less about this completion with that line up. The atmosphere at Euro night is electrifying which tells me the majority of us want to progress.

20 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I take it you are another one who could care less about this completion with that line up. The atmosphere at Euro night is electrifying which tells me the majority of us want to progress.

I'd rather keep our strongest 11 for league games. 

Shoot me. 

Feel the last couple of games we have been running out of ideas thought we were poor yesterday even though we won 3-1. So going for a change of formation. 

McGregor 

Goldson- Katic- Helander 

Tav-Jack- Aribo or Davis- Barisic 

Arfield———Ojo or Barker

Morelos 

I know there is no chance of that happening but think we run out of ideas with 433. 

I think Arfield will move to play off the front instead of in the 3. They are quick on the wings so our left and right back need to know when to go forward. 

23 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

He's one of the posters all summer going on about the signings improving the squad etc. Yet now he's having a go at others wanted to rotate. 🤣

I'm all for rotating. I'm not for changing the entire team and that was the team he selected minus one.

Is it a toss up between us and Feyenoord for 2nd spot?FC Porto will take some beating. Fortress Ibrox  Will be hugely important...I genuinely think foreign teams just hate the fact the crowd are right on top of them.  

Archived