Sign in to follow this  
G.E.C.

*****The Official Rangers v Feyenoord Thread*****

Feel the last couple of games we have been running out of ideas thought we were poor yesterday even though we won 3-1. So going for a change of formation. 

McGregor 

Goldson- Katic- Helander 

Tav-Jack- Aribo or Davis- Barisic 

Arfield———Ojo or Barker

Morelos 

I know there is no chance of that happening but think we run out of ideas with 433. 

I think Arfield will move to play off the front instead of in the 3. They are quick on the wings so our left and right back need to know when to go forward. 

23 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

He's one of the posters all summer going on about the signings improving the squad etc. Yet now he's having a go at others wanted to rotate. 🤣

I'm all for rotating. I'm not for changing the entire team and that was the team he selected minus one.

On 14/09/2019 at 19:51, STEPPS BOY said:

Cracking shot to hit bar from Arfield but you wouldn’t have known he was playing apart from that.

Dreadful yet again.

4/5 good games towards end of last season , bang average the rest 

Is it a toss up between us and Feyenoord for 2nd spot?FC Porto will take some beating. Fortress Ibrox  Will be hugely important...I genuinely think foreign teams just hate the fact the crowd are right on top of them.  

6 minutes ago, Rlm said:

Is it a toss up between us and Feyenoord for 2nd spot?FC Porto will take some beating. Fortress Ibrox  Will be hugely important...I genuinely think foreign teams just hate the fact the crowd are right on top of them.  

Young Boys will be tougher than Feyenoord IMO. 

Laudrup1690 likes this

TBH  guys Feynoord away got a be easier than Arbroath away lol. We've come through some horrendous dark places in our recent past. Group stages of Europe...bloody brilliant !!!!!!

1 hour ago, Rlm said:

Honestly think it could be Porto and anyone else. Young Boys won’t be any mugs could be the decider them at ibrox the last game. What group would we say was harder last season or this ? Pretty similar ? 

Still think we blew it last season. 

HG5 likes this

8 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Honestly think it could be Porto and anyone else. Young Boys won’t be any mugs could be the decider them at ibrox the last game. What group would we say was harder last season or this ? Pretty similar ? 

The two Spartak and the last Vienna game were all shambolic.

HG5 and RFC RYAN like this

29 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The two Spartak and the last Vienna game were all shambolic.

Been the same for years - get off to a good start in a group, then stumble at the last 2-3  games.

ForeverAndEver likes this

44 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Dutch, Portuguese teams always skilful  just look at how good their national teams are. As you say young boys will be tough also. But yes similar to last season....hard to call..home form got to be bang on coz going to Rotterdam and Porto look tough asks for points.

3 hours ago, Rlm said:

Underestimate young boys at your peril, you don't win the Swiss league by 20 points if your a poor side. 

whatnobeer, chris182 and Amato like this

7 hours ago, TMB said:

They won a penalty.  They rattled the bar from a corner.  Their striker caught Halliday out and it would’ve been a goal had the play not been called back.

It was a few chances but they were looking to punish us when they got a sniff.  We, on the other hand, generate plenty of chances but seem to miss constantly.

We need to be more clinical in front of goal especially against better opposition.  

Yep. And I have pointed out our lack of clinical edge elsewhere. 

They won a penalty that was not related to the CHs. The rattling the bar from the corner, think it might have been Hallidays man, the last one was Halliday. 

All I am saying is let’s not throw two new CHs in against Feyenoord eh. 

9 hours ago, RFC RYAN said:

This seasons group is a huge upgrade imo