*****The Official Rangers v Feyenoord Thread*****

G.E.C.

1 minute ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Bang average compared to who? Confident on the ball, no panic, good passing, attack behind the fullbacks. They had chances and are a good side. But then again, so are we.

They could have no complaints if we scored 5 tonight.

Defend like that against Young Boys and especially Porto and they’ll get hammered.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

I think that’s a really fair comment. I disagree with people saying we were excellent, first half we played well and then I thought we made hard work of it second half. Quite sloppy in our decisions and gave the ball away a lot. Really hard fought win that feels sweet. 

Some very very poor decision making the amount of times we put ourselves in trouble was terrible. 

5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Not at all.

First half we were excellent but i doubt they’ll get any points away from home as their defence is shocking.

Our tempo was superb and they couldn't handle it. They're now chasing points so hopefully will give Porto a game in a fortnight. I think they can.

2 minutes ago, whatnobeer said:

Hats off to Barasic and Ojo for the goal. Fully expected Barasic not to win that ball and I wasn't expecting Ojo to unleash that rocket of a shot. 

2nd half was a bit nervy, especially near the end, loads looked knackered. But what a night and a great result. 1-0 going on 4-0.

and Kamara. He won that ball before Borna won the tackle.

Got to say even through helander looked a bit rusty for match fitness at times his football brain got him outa jail looks like he could be a real decent defender when at his peak match sharpness

nervy, emotional night but the result went the way it should have went no way did we deserve any less than 3 points, and to finish Morelos was outstanding tonight

One other point I'm sure the Manager will be pleased about.   Even though he was booked Morelos never once looked like he'd then get reckless and get a 2nd yellow, nor did it seem to diminish his overall very excellent contribution to the side (pity he couldn't get a goal his play deserved though).      Morelos will himself also be satisfied that hard lessons from last season are continuing to be learned.   Here's hoping he keeps this up. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Some very very poor decision making the amount of times we put ourselves in trouble was terrible. 

It’s frustrating as fuck the decision making we either miss good opportunities or play ourselves into unnecessary trouble.

1 minute ago, Reformation Bear said:

One other point I'm sure the Manager will be pleased about.   Even though he was booked Morelos never once looked like he'd then get reckless and get a 2nd yellow, nor did it seem to diminish his overall very excellent contribution to the side (pity he couldn't get a goal his play deserved though).      Morelos will himself also be satisfied that hard lessons from last season are continuing to be learned.   Here's hoping he keeps this up. 

Particularly since the ref was flinging yellows around like confetti at one point

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Definitely a shout to drop/rest Goldson and Tav. 

It's tough to find fault in anyone but does Tav look a little out of sorts. Even post-match interview in his face he knew he was average. And I'm not talking about the penalty.

9 minutes ago, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

I thought Ojo was awful tbh, other than the goal of course. Frustrates me, he has ability but lacking confidence perhaps?!

Don't get this lacking confidence stuff. I think we have to accept that's the way he plays. There was one instance in the 2nd half on the edge of their box , moves to the ball but seems to lose it so stops and turns his back only to realise the chance is still on so tries again but the defender gets it. A wee bit less bottling it and more effort he'll be ok but it doesn't seem to be in his game yet.

8 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Did you watch the same game as me. 

Goldson a 7 same score as Borna. 😂😂 and Jack 😂😂 

Fair enough when you compare there scores against each other 👍 I felt like jack and Davis were more in it first half and faded out or were less effective second half. Thought Borna had a solid game defensively but never created much going forward. 

Goldson never put a foot wrong and was either a 6/7 solid enough display.

Hats off to big herlander he had he had a great game, even if he looks a little slow at times though he covered the space well.

Archived