Ojo

KingKirk

3 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

feel the same was being said about Ryan after about the same length of time  

RM needs a weeKly scapegoat even when we win and the guy lays on a lovely goal -- we criticize other teams hammer throwers the slag off our own player for not being one  Boy has just stepped up from a 'development league'. 

If he's just stepped up from Development league and puts in insipid performances he's obviously not what we need. We need results, simple.  Id rather play one of our own youths if he had a similar impact.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, chris182 said:

If he's just stepped up from Development league and puts in insipid performances he's obviously not what we need. We need results, simple.  Id rather play one of our own youths if he had a similar impact.

and the exact same was said about RK at the exact period last season - would prefer hm running the channel as he did today for the third goal -- saw him link up with Morelos from the same position earlier n the season. 

6 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Beyond dreadful. Jerome Rothen levels of uselessness.

Shiting out of tackles, horrible first touch, can't keep the ball in play, has no right foot, shoots straight into defenders.

Dying to disagree.........fucking rank rotten.  

4 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The issue isn’t really just down the right though.

Tav put over two world class crosses from that side today.

There is absolutely no quality from the left and a midfield 3, no matter what 3 is picked, who like to pass back and sideways.

There’s nothing wrongly with Tavernier.  He performed his defensive duties well and set up a couple of goals.  His partnership with Ojo is nothing like that of Candeias.  Candeias ran himself in to the ground for us whereas this Ojo just doesn’t look interested.

We need Barisic on the left at least he can cross it and offer a threat from set plays.  I thought Halliday was terrible yesterday and very lucky we didn’t go 2-1 down because of him.  

I absolutely agree about the midfield three I think it’s the weakest part of our team.  On paper Davis, Aribo, and Arfield should be bossing teams but it just isn’t clicking together.  

7 hours ago, TMB said:

There’s nothing wrongly with Tavernier.  He performed his defensive duties well and set up a couple of goals.  His partnership with Ojo is nothing like that of Candeias.  Candeias ran himself in to the ground for us whereas this Ojo just doesn’t look interested.

We need Barisic on the left at least he can cross it and offer a threat from set plays.  I thought Halliday was terrible yesterday and very lucky we didn’t go 2-1 down because of him.  

I absolutely agree about the midfield three I think it’s the weakest part of our team.  On paper Davis, Aribo, and Arfield should be bossing teams but it just isn’t clicking together.  

The left back issue is a problem, flangan can tackle but offers nothing going forward.

Halliday isn’t up to it - nearly costing us that goal, lost his man at corner who hit bar and got into umpteen positions in forward areas yesterday but hit first man every time.

Regarding Aribo, i’m hoping with Kent back that might help him having a player to bounce off of.

Did I watch a different second half to most of the posters on this thread? 

Thought he did ok going forward tbh, he got himself an assist for the third and he was trying to make things happen, a couple of times he done his little step inside to get the left foot shot off, never really come off but he kept trying never put his head down.

the whole team woke up when they got their penalty and we were much better second half. Aribo getting stick as well also got an assist for the second.

I still think Candeias should still be at the club imo because his work rate was miles better than any of our midfielders and I think this is the reason Ojo takes as much flak, I just think Ojo is more forward thinking and needs to learn if you play for us in that position you chase every ball, tackle every player and get back and help.

still a player there imo

Tired of the comparisons with Kent, Kent was never this bad.

Said from the start I don’t know why people expected Ojo to be any decent he’s been shite at every club he’s been at.

The usual don’t write the boy off this early pish but sometimes the facts stare at you in the face.

16 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

Said this on the match thread but there’s a reason why he’s had so many loans.

That means nothing.

He's only had 1 more loan than Kent. In fact he would have the same amount as him if Liverpool hadn't made us buy Kent on a permanent deal this season.

Archived