Feyenoord supporters march from George Sq to Ibrox

(no seen a thread on it,if there is one ,delete this)

'Hundreds' of Feyenoord supporters are expected to march through Glasgow on Thursday night ahead of their first Europa League face-off with Rangers.

The fanbase will reportedly gather in George Square to 'let the drink flow' in the hours leading up to the match.

But it is unclear how many people will be in attendance after it emerged the club are struggling to sell tickets for the showdown.

According to local Dutch media, they will begin walking from the square to Ibrox Stadium at 5pm, where they are expected to arrive an hour and a half before kick-off at 8pm.

It comes after the team was ordered to shut a section of their stadium for their league match on Sunday after being punished for letting off firecrackers.

The Dutch FA issued the order after the use of firecrackers and flares during a volatile clash last season.

But the chairmen of supporters association FSV De Feijenoorder, Remco Ravenhorst, says he does not expect any problems during the city march.

He said: "Why wouldn't the supporters do that? I don't expect any problems. In countries such as Scotland and England, the police have affairs in order. "

Police Scotland have been working closely with the club, and say they are well aware of the plan for some fans to march through the city centre.

Superintendent Craig Smith, the officer in charge of the policing operation for the Rangers v Feyenoord Europa League match, said: "Our extensive planning is well-underway and when Rangers and Feyenoord meet in the Europa League in Glasgow there will be a comprehensive policing plan in place.

"We have been working closely with both clubs and others, such as British Transport Police, to ensure everyone who travels to the match, including those who want to walk to Ibrox Stadium, can do so safely and watch the match in a secure environment."

(police are way over the mark here , considering their problems with flares n also the drinking they think their gonna have ,n they want to arrive at the stadium hour n half early ) 

1 hour ago, TEFTONG said:

Are they no chums with the taigs..??

No doubt it will be big bad Rangers fans to blame when it all kicks off.

If the taigs have any connection to them ,wouldny be surprised if some of them try n join them ,not the full way mind you ,to try n start bother 

52 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Swear I remember a load of them flying over for a celtic/Feyenoord gabber night (:megaanguish:) a few years back. Think the venue cancelled it.

Yea, I remember something about that being posted on here as well.

They do the pro Palestinian anti Jewish pish, Ajax being their big rivals. 

I have a Dutch mate in Rotterdam, he's been to more than one celtic game.

For some of them there is a connection, and you know full the taigs will be mixing and trying to cause shite.

I remember being at a European game against them years ago, they did a 'charge' in Ibrox, but that was back in the day when they were renowned for it. My mate says them days are in the past. 

16 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Yea, I remember something about that being posted on here as well.

They do the pro Palestinian anti Jewish pish, Ajax being their big rivals. 

I have a Dutch mate in Rotterdam, he's been to more than one celtic game.

For some of them there is a connection, and you know full the taigs will be mixing and trying to cause shite.

I remember being at a European game against them years ago, they did a 'charge' in Ibrox, but that was back in the day when they were renowned for it. My mate says them days are in the past. 

They do, although I also remember them hosting a UEFA cup final which they were in, where they had a minute’s silence for, and held up pictures of,  Pim Fortuyn. They seem confused.

Archived