Emile Heskey

Laudrup1984

EMILE HESKEY says it's easier for Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard to get top jobs - as he claimed his skin colour is holding him back.

Former England striker Heskey is eager to launch a career in coaching after hanging up the boots three years ago.

But the ex-Liverpool star has struggled to find opportunities and is concerned with the lack of black coaches in football.

Heskey has watched former team-mates Gerrard and Lampard walk into high-profile managerial roles with Rangers and Chelsea.

He told The Times: “I couldn’t tell you why black people had to be bottom-feeders and then others can go wherever and get a job.

"One hundred per cent it would be easier (for Gerrard and Lampard). They are going to get those jobs. I can only point towards skin colours.

“I can also point towards medals. Sol (Campbell) has got more than Stevie (actually 6-8 behind but has two titles).

"Ashley Cole’s got more than any of them. England’s best player for that era. Ash Cole is being given a chance to get on that ladder with Chelsea under-15s.”

Heskey supports the Rooney Rule, which requires football bosses to interview ethnic minority candidates for roles.

He said: “Everyone just says, go and get your badges (which he is doing).

"Well, we’ve got an England manager who was in the Premier League (with Middlesbrough) with no badges.

"We have players who have the worst reputations, in the sense of beating people up, and they are still in a job, and I can’t even get on the ladder.

"I am only guessing that there is a perception that black coaches are probably not up for the job.”

However, the 41-year-old still has doubts over whether he will ever see a black England manager.

He added: "We can do all we want at the bottom here. We can protest. It doesn't matter. But unless they really want change, it's not going to happen.

"Fingers crossed, they are doing certain things in the right way, with the [black, Asian and minority ethnic] coaches being in the national teams.

"That's great. I hope they are coaching, getting involved, or is it just a ticking a box, where you can just analyse and observe. Observing does nothing for you.

"Do I think there's a glass ceiling for black coaches? Yes."

Easy to see why clubs would be reluctant to take a chance on young black managers when you've got guys like Campbell and Heskey constantly coming out with this shit. As soon as it doesn't work out and they have to be sacked the race card would be played. Sol Campbell is famous for it.

8 minutes ago, SheriffHood said:

Biggest racists going. Don't know why they're never called out on it

Fucking sick of  hearing all this shite about Racism . It is being driven by the media

and hearing all this regurgitated shite does my head in

These cunts would be offended if a white horse looked at them the wrong way

29 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Fucking sick of  hearing all this shite about Racism . It is being driven by the media

and hearing all this regurgitated shite does my head in

These cunts would be offended if a white horse looked at them the wrong way

Heskey would be offended.

Campbell would just question why it had to be a white horse looking at him the wrong way instead of a black one.

1 hour ago, Laudrup1984 said:

EMILE HESKEY says it's easier for Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard to get top jobs - as he claimed his skin colour is holding him back.

Former England striker Heskey is eager to launch a career in coaching after hanging up the boots three years ago.

But the ex-Liverpool star has struggled to find opportunities and is concerned with the lack of black coaches in football.

Heskey has watched former team-mates Gerrard and Lampard walk into high-profile managerial roles with Rangers and Chelsea.

He told The Times: “I couldn’t tell you why black people had to be bottom-feeders and then others can go wherever and get a job.

"One hundred per cent it would be easier (for Gerrard and Lampard). They are going to get those jobs. I can only point towards skin colours.

“I can also point towards medals. Sol (Campbell) has got more than Stevie (actually 6-8 behind but has two titles).

"Ashley Cole’s got more than any of them. England’s best player for that era. Ash Cole is being given a chance to get on that ladder with Chelsea under-15s.”

Heskey supports the Rooney Rule, which requires football bosses to interview ethnic minority candidates for roles.

He said: “Everyone just says, go and get your badges (which he is doing).

"Well, we’ve got an England manager who was in the Premier League (with Middlesbrough) with no badges.

"We have players who have the worst reputations, in the sense of beating people up, and they are still in a job, and I can’t even get on the ladder.

"I am only guessing that there is a perception that black coaches are probably not up for the job.”

However, the 41-year-old still has doubts over whether he will ever see a black England manager.

He added: "We can do all we want at the bottom here. We can protest. It doesn't matter. But unless they really want change, it's not going to happen.

"Fingers crossed, they are doing certain things in the right way, with the [black, Asian and minority ethnic] coaches being in the national teams.

"That's great. I hope they are coaching, getting involved, or is it just a ticking a box, where you can just analyse and observe. Observing does nothing for you.

"Do I think there's a glass ceiling for black coaches? Yes."

You were shit at football as you had an attitude and it seems you still carry that big fuck off chip on your shoulder. Fuck off Emile and stop blaming others for your failures.

3 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

“Look at my medals” is a mentality that has held British managers back for years. If he still believes that how many medals a player won should be a deciding factor on whether a manager should get a job or not in 2019 then it’s no wonder he can’t get a job.

This idea that Gerrard and Lampard got management jobs because they are white is nonsense. Both were tipped to be managers for the way they lead their teams as captains and players throughout their whole career. Gerrard also worked with youth teams before coming to us.

Did Scholes have to start at Oldham because he is ginger? John Terry is a coach at Villa earning his stripes. The Neville brothers worked as coaches as well. They all won loads but didn't walk into top jobs.

2 top class players get big jobs and it's racist. If Lampard hadn't got his job at Chelsea and it went to say another Italian the go to comment would then be "young British managers don't get a chance".

Nonsense the lot of it.

3 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Easy to see why clubs would be reluctant to take a chance on young black managers when you've got guys like Campbell and Heskey constantly coming out with this shit. As soon as it doesn't work out and they have to be sacked the race card would be played. Sol Campbell is famous for it.

He also has the homophobe card. Allegedly 

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

And let’s be honest the only reason Lampard got the Chelsea job is because nobody with any stock would touch it because of the transfer ban.

That’s not true tbh, managers care about the money and pay off and Chelsea are the best at it.

Loads of good manager would have taken it in a heartbeat

Archived