Emile Heskey

Laudrup1984

Clubs and fans want success. Football is far too money driven for boards to give a crap abou9t race.

I couldn't care if the Rangers manager was black  yellow, white or anything between. Deliver a treble and he would be a legend.

It is curious why black players don't seem to excel at management, even when given a chance. Anyone good at management will get top gigs. I'll concede there will be some ingrained prejudice and it will be a barrier, but still maintain that anyone good enough will excel.

4 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I completely agree with what Heskey is saying, I just don't think he articulated it properly. Naming names diminishes his point.

You genuinely think that these guys aren't getting the jobs because they're black?

And that we went for someone like Gerrard because he was white and nothing to do with the Walter style will to win at all costs?

16 hours ago, DBBTB said:

“Look at my medals” is a mentality that has held British managers back for years. If he still believes that how many medals a player won should be a deciding factor on whether a manager should get a job or not in 2019 then it’s no wonder he can’t get a job.

Yep, Mourinho and Ferguson are two perfect examples of that

35 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Frank Rijkaard said hello. 

So do Kompany, Henry, Santo, Gullit, Davids, Jimmy Floyd (maybe Vieira?) etc.

The whole argument is continually flawed and the examples that are given continually weaken the argument.

Has Heskey taken his badges? Has he or other black guys applied for any jobs? Has he been interviewed for any jobs? Has he got to the latter stages of the interview process? Did he interview well? Did others interview better? What level of job is he going for? Is he being realistic? If he's gone for a job who's beaten him to it? Are they better qualified? There are so many questions, so many factors. I'd love to see some hard stats rather than nonsense, unhelpful inflammatory almost baseless accusations. It's lazy. Sometimes you have to look at yourself. Could I have done more? Should I do more? 

The biggest red herrings are using Gerrard and Lampard. 2 of the greatest players of their generation and in their clubs history. Leaders, winners, respected worldwide. They have done their badges, they have worked at a lesser level to gain experience and they have also been lucky. Timing is everything. Both only got their respective jobs because of circumstances at us and Chelsea. However if Drogba, Makelele, Desailly had the same level of coaching as Lampard they would have been candidates. Cole is actually following similar paths to Lampard and Gerrard and I'm sure he'll get a job soon enough.

Campbell is another red herring. A great player. A great career. A great leader. But you know what, he comes across an absolute arrogant cunt. Maybe that's why he's not been too successful!

Obviously racism still exists in society and in football. You have young Sterling leading the way, conducting himself fantastically. You have Lukaku doing excellent things and then you have morons like Heskey, Campbell, Ince creating further division. Tell us where you think you've been discriminated against? Give evidence. Give facts. 

Bbc article today

Garth Crooks has stepped down as a Kick It Out trustee in protest at the appointment of the body's new chairman.

The former Tottenham forward, who is now a BBC pundit, felt ex-West Brom forward Brendon Batson should have been chosen instead of Sanjay Bhandari.

Crooks, 61, told the Telegraph that Kick It Out should be more "player-led" at a time when footballers are being racially abused on and off the pitch.

4 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

You genuinely think that these guys aren't getting the jobs because they're black?

And that we went for someone like Gerrard because he was white and nothing to do with the Walter style will to win at all costs?

Only 4 in the entire league suggestsa  hint of  bias. As for us having Gerrard, I couldn't be more delighted.

Gerrard and Lampard probably generate more interest and therefore money than any player other than David Beckham from the "golden generation". There is a marketability to them that doesn't happen very often with players. 

There would be no buzz at Rangers or Derby if Emile Heskey rocked up as manager. There would have been no buzz at Monaco if Emile Heskey was announced rather than Thierry Henry even though it ultimately failed.

Phil Neville had to go over to the women's game to get a chance, Paul Scholes got his chance last season at Oldham (the same level Sol Campbell got his) and Robbie Fowler went out to Australia for a chance to manage.

Heskey can cite every Gareth Southgate case he wants but for every Southgate (who had a club connection to Middlesbrough btw) there is a Scholes or a Fowler.

This racist shite is a load of bollocks. If you're that good then go prove it Heskey!

5 hours ago, bgally said:

No mate,i knew Cloughie was good so i googled him,i know i know.Any way 251 lge goals from 274 starts for Middlesborough and Sunderland would suggest he wasn't mediocre. 

I was about to post something similar , without knowing his exact scoring record I knew it was superb and he was a player👍

IF he wants equality in football then  14% of population are non white (so not just BAME) so 15 managers should be non-white. 

BUT we should have equality for ALL so lets even up the EPL to be 86% white players and fire the black players, there are huge amounts of non-white in EPL and the England national team. Or invest money in understanding why there is less than 86% white. 

Equality should be for all! it is a great thing there are huge amount of BAME playing in the EPL, because it should be about being the best nit skin colour...same as management!

Ironically people like Heskey make it worse for themesleves and the BAME community as a whole. 

https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures.service.gov.uk/uk-population-by-ethnicity/national-and-regional-populations/population-of-england-and-wales/latest

19 hours ago, bgally said:

No mate,i knew Cloughie was good so i googled him,i know i know.Any way 251 lge goals from 274 starts for Middlesborough and Sunderland would suggest he wasn't mediocre. 

First thought when I saw that. Clough was at least a level above being described as mediocre!!!

Archived