Ricksen passed away

Escobar

8 minutes ago, heathen fish boy said:

Just back from laying a tribute at the Broomloan gates,really nice to see good few of the Feyenoord squad there paying their own respects,wee bit of class from them 

That’s excellent mate.

He was a very brave man. A warrior. He handled his situation and mortality with such dignity and courage. Courage being the key word. Many might not have fought as hard as he did with such odds against him. A true Rangers hero. We should all strive to be like Fernando in life, never mind on the football pitch. RIP Fernando. 

RIP  Fernando. I lost a family member to this disease and the only comfort we can all take is that you have left your pain and suffering behind you. You fought like a tiger, but unfortunately there is no beating this. Condolences and thoughts to the family and friends. 

One of my favorite Rangers, the last few years i don't think any player has affected me so much watching him fighting this awful disease. I regularly shed a tear seeing him in his few public appearances.

But, just like on the pitch he fighted it with guts and determination and he was an inspiration to so many.

We'll miss you Big Man, you were a collosus and i expect you're already playing and leading a team up there. My heart, thoughts and prayers go out to Veronika and Isabella and the rest of Fernando's family and friends at what must be an incredibly sad and difficult time.

Bless you all.  Rest In Peace Fernando Ricksen.