Sign in to follow this  
fanaticCR

Ricksen passed away

30,400 views of that tribute video the club posted on Instagram and quite a few of them are mine. Can't stop watching it.

That's the way I want to remember Fernando. Scoring goals and lifting trophies. It's still difficult seeing how he went from that to how it all ended for him. 

6 minutes ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

Good to know my memory isn't completely fucked after all then lol

I mind watching that game in Bert's bar in Edinburgh with my flatmate who was a jambo. Needless to say he was raging and nearly lamped me when I was praising Dallas for that decision :lol: well taken penalty, kept his cool and kept us in the title race. Hero.

21 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Don't know if already posted, but a really poignant piece from  The Guardian, well written by Stuart James. Been bottling it all day, but that article got me - particularly about his wee girl. What a bastard of a disease, and no matter how much you "hate" other people for whatever reason - it just pales into insignificance when you read about what Fernando and others have and are going through with MND.  You simply would not like to see anyone suffering with it. RIP Fernando, you are at peace now.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2019/sep/18/fernando-ricksen-death-motor-neurone-disease-heartbreak-relief

Very touching article, thanks for posting it.  

‘Amid the overwhelming sense of sadness after the news of Ricksen’s death became public came a reminder of his reply to another question in that interview: when the awful day comes, some people will feel that you are in a better place, that you are no longer suffering and finally have peace. What would you say to that?

“They are absolutely right,” Ricksen said.

Absolutely gutted about this, in a strange way it feels like I've lost someone I know just because I grew up with Fernando one of my heroes as a kid.

RIP Fernando, you left a proud legacy behind.

2 hours ago, Sweettartangirl said:

There are loads more, but some lovely tributes from his teammates here as well as Twitter and various other sites. We have some lovely memories to reflect upon. 

A collection of childhood heroes there man. That was a tough but moving read . 

8 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Very touching article, thanks for posting it.  

‘Amid the overwhelming sense of sadness after the news of Ricksen’s death became public came a reminder of his reply to another question in that interview: when the awful day comes, some people will feel that you are in a better place, that you are no longer suffering and finally have peace. What would you say to that?

“They are absolutely right,” Ricksen said.

I was reading that and shed a few tears when I read that last bit.