Ricksen passed away

Escobar

18 hours ago, ben51 said:

Absolutely no respect to any of them. 

Call me old fashioned, but cunts turning up in a full celtic strip to lay a scarf is ambulance chasing at its best, and I'd say the same if some idiot done the same for a celtic player.

Ricksen personified one of our greatest assets of 'no one likes us, we don't care'.  

He loved to be hated, and hated he was. But Rangers loved him and he loved Rangers.

18 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

I'll delete this if folk think it an inappropriate place to say it. But. The sight of Lawell being applauded by bears made me feel sick. I understand why they did applaud, and am not criticising them directly. It just didn't sit right with me. Lennon is an ar*e, hate his antics but at least I think he would be genuine. Not the puppet master though. That was a point scoring stunt (just need to see the number of journos that 'just happened to be there').

LikeI say, I'll delete this if it's the wrong place/time to say this. 

They have enough Ambulances of their own to chase. They would have been far better publicly condemning some of the sick shit posted by tarriers in the last week or so and since Wednesday morning. Than darkening out doorstep with their presence 

On 20/09/2019 at 19:53, LegendofCoop said:

I'll delete this if folk think it an inappropriate place to say it. But. The sight of Lawell being applauded by bears made me feel sick. I understand why they did applaud, and am not criticising them directly. It just didn't sit right with me. Lennon is an ar*e, hate his antics but at least I think he would be genuine. Not the puppet master though. That was a point scoring stunt (just need to see the number of journos that 'just happened to be there').

LikeI say, I'll delete this if it's the wrong place/time to say this. 

Whatever anyone’s take on it, and whatever the reason behind it, fuck me they timed it luckily when there happened to be most of the Scottish press there. Funny that 

I’m quite happy to separate football rivalry from the reality of the situation in this instance.

The TV cameras were there, yes, the press were there, yes.

They may have been there to see Lawell and Lennon’s tribute, but they were there for Fernando Ricksen. That meant a lot, and is rightfully a news story due to the magnitude of the rivalry. They have acted respectfully, and hate them as we do, they can be respected back for that by me - this was for him.

21 minutes ago, Marky. said:

I’m quite happy to separate football rivalry from the reality of the situation in this instance.

The TV cameras were there, yes, the press were there, yes.

They may have been there to see Lawell and Lennon’s tribute, but they were there for Fernando Ricksen. That meant a lot, and is rightfully a news story due to the magnitude of the rivalry. They have acted respectfully, and hate them as we do, they can be respected back for that by me - this was for him.

Facebook pish. They were there for the photo opp. Ambulance chasing scum.

What a glittering career , captained the worlds most successful club ( something Messi and Ronaldo etc havent achieved) A Uefa cup winner and Holland internationalist.Won a barrel load of trophies with us.If you graft and want something in life you can get it,God speed Fernando,forever and always one of us x

8 hours ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

Facebook pish. They were there for the photo opp. Ambulance chasing scum.

Human decency. Someone has lost their life here and many would rather look into two individuals putting down their tributes for show  🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️. If they weren’t there, you could have a right to moan, but this is just sad.

I was initially concerned that he was being made a bit of a spectacle of at his 40th birthday in Benidorm with everyone wanting a photo opportunity.  However he later said he got energy and a purpose to his life out of these events and he was able to forget he was ill during these events. I was much more comfortable with it after that.