Never walk alone tomorrow

scottyc06

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We  shouldn't even hear them as our support should be backing the team with a wall of noise as SG has asked. They should be totally drowned out.

Get the win tonight Rangers and dedicate it to Fernando.. That's the best way to commemorate a natural  fighter, leader and winner.

The football fan is a strange primitive animal. 

Who gives an actual fuck about “you’ll never walk alone” I’ll go out in a limb here and say I think it sounds great when belted out by a full stadium. 

The notion that it shouldnt be sung in our stadium because our bitter rivals copied it from Liverpool is so fucking juvenile as to be perplexing. 

Not allowing these guys sing it is just appeasing to celtic fans, this is not a celtic song, like most of their song book it's stolen from elsewhere, it's a Liverpool song that half of Europe sing, us denying Feyenoord the right to sing it is admitting it belongs to celtic.

6 minutes ago, paisleyroad said:

Not allowing these guys sing it is just appeasing to celtic fans, this is not a celtic song, like most of their song book it's stolen from elsewhere, it's a Liverpool song that half of Europe sing, us denying Feyenoord the right to sing it is admitting it belongs to celtic.

😂😂 is it aye. 

7 minutes ago, paisleyroad said:

Its a fucking dirge and the scum sing it.

11 hours ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

It’s a Gerry and pacemakers song. celtic do not own it. Feyenoord fans sing it.  

The words are very applicable for our Fernando. For their Fernando.  I knew the man.  He adored them too. 

I will be proud to sing it for Fernando. It’s about him. Not about them.  

How very noble of you - take your vomit inducing pish elsewhere.

Respect Fernandos memory by standing in a minutes silence like the rest of us, clapping on the 2nd minute, hang a scarf on the Copland gates, sing Simply the best as the teams emerge at the top of your lungs in dedication to him and chant One Fernando Ricksen until your voice is coarse.

What you have proposed doing is everything wrong with modern day football fans. Feyenoord sing that song every week so let them be, why join in? This is the same Feyenoord fans who were in the Brazen head with taigs last night and attacked Rangers fans at will the last time they were in Glasgow.

You might think your 'gesture' makes you look all high and mighty but all it shows is you are a toe curlingly cringey apologist twat.

28 minutes ago, paisleyroad said:

How do you stop away fans from singing anything and who gives a fuck anyway ?

Drown them out just like when we do anytime away fans attempt to sing this shite.........

2 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

How do you stop away fans from singing anything and who gives a fuck anyway ?

Drown them out just like when we do anytime away fans attempt to sing this shite.........

yeh sing over em, that's fine, that's what I'd like but to take offence when it means something totally different to them that the Tims is just bizarre.

6 minutes ago, rfc_watp said:

How very noble of you - take your vomit inducing pish elsewhere.

Respect Fernandos memory by standing in a minutes silence like the rest of us, clapping on the 2nd minute, hang a scarf on the Copland gates, sing Simply the best as the teams emerge at the top of your lungs in dedication to him and chant One Fernando Ricksen until your voice is coarse.

What you have proposed doing is everything wrong with modern day football fans. Feyenoord sing that song every week so let them be, why join in? This is the same Feyenoord fans who were in the Brazen head with taigs last night and attacked Rangers fans at will the last time they were in Glasgow.

You might think your 'gesture' makes you look all high and mighty but all it shows is you are a toe curlingly cringey apologist twat.

Don’t beat about the bush mate just tell him straight.

1 hour ago, Bakbear said:

The football fan is a strange primitive animal. 

Who gives an actual fuck about “you’ll never walk alone” I’ll go out in a limb here and say I think it sounds great when belted out by a full stadium. 

The notion that it shouldnt be sung in our stadium because our bitter rivals copied it from Liverpool is so fucking juvenile as to be perplexing. 

Strangely, I'm as as bitter a bigot as people wish to label me and proud.  I despise all that is taîg. Yet I have to agree with you.

I have no issues with Never Walk Alone, as I don't recognise it as taig. Just another rip off like they now rip off the Saltire. I recognise it as a Liverpool anthem, albeit someone in here tells me it is a ManU, however the point is, it is NOT of nonce fc and I can grin at their adoption of it in it's unoriginality.

Do we acquiesce yet again to their con job, or just do what is fitting and the right thing to do.  The words of of  Never Walk Alone are very relevant in the context of Fernando in his passing and it should matter not a fuck who sings it, if it is in his honour and memory. Death is the great leveller, no matter race, colour or creed.

Surely we are much bigger than petty point scoring ? We are that fucking staunch, we allowed them to steal our very own "*un" anthem and let them use it against us in our acquiescence.

Sometimes the hypocrisy is just palpable.

I will add as a footnote in respect to our gaffer. Gerrard has been brought up with that anthem. Whilst he gets and loves us, his first love will always be Liverpool FC, no different from ours being Rangers and when he lifts that league trophy, I would have no problems in a chorus of it as a mark of respect to him and in our appreciation. Or would it be taig?!

Is it any wonder we lose the PR war?!

Primitive may only be halfway to explaining it and I'm as primitive as they come, but I get your point.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Union Bears have just tweeted that they’ll be starting You’ll never walk alone on second minute and hoping full stadium joins in.

I won't join in after nobody joined me in the 67th minute for the Lisbon lions 

7 hours ago, Albertzz said:

They are clearly taking the piss,  seen videos of them with the tramps earlier. 

Why would you sing a song that our rivals claim to be theirs as a tribute to our ex player?

fuck them cunts. 

5 hours ago, SPWF said:

Anyone who believes this is “a mark of respect” from them to Ricksen is living in fucking cloud cuckoo land. They’ve been jumping about Glasgow with those cunts for a couple of days now. Call me a cynic, but this is nothing more than a well thought out wind up. 

When I read about this last night my first thought was, this is taking the piss, and I still feel the same this morning. I am not disputing they sing the song, but come on, they will know fine well what it means to Rangers fans.

What I hope we can do is either sing over it or ignore it, certainly no booing. That is the reaction they and their scum palls will be looking for. 

Rest easy Fernando your memory will be well respected by the people who loved you tonight.

Archived