***2019 Rugby World Cup Thread***

JC10

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I note the ref in the Ireland Japan match was really tight on the Irish rush defence and offside. Unlike last week, regardless Scotland were shite and deservedly thrashed, hope Scotland start showing form. Samoans will be very tough

9 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

I note the ref in the Ireland Japan match was really tight on the Irish rush defence and offside. Unlike last week, regardless Scotland were shite and deservedly thrashed, hope Scotland start showing form. Samoans will be very tough

The refereeing is all over the shop.

Hooper should have got at least a yellow for his no arms hit on the non ball carrier in the first half of this game.

32 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

For such a small pool of players Wales are outstanding. I don't know if Gatland gets such good results because of that or he could do it with a "bigger" nation? His results with the Lions suggest he could!

He should have been up for the NZ job after the WC but he's signed on for the Lions tour to SA - even though he's contracted to NZ Rugby as he is Chiefs Head Coach after the WC.

I think NZ Rugby will give Ian Foster or Scott Robertson the job on a two year contract initially and re-assess. Means they can offer him the job when his contract reverts back to NZ Rugby in 2021.

On 28/09/2019 at 10:13, Zappa6995 said:

Well done Japan, dont think Scotland will be beating them anytime soon.

Confident Scotland will crush Samoa tommorow. Japan game will take care of itself, once we have built up momentum against Samoa and Russia - expect a Scottish win against Japan.

12 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Confident Scotland will crush Samoa tommorow. Japan game will take care of itself, once we have built up momentum against Samoa and Russia - expect a Scottish win against Japan.

Your certainly more confident than I am! We need a big response & performance this morning and I hope all this talk of bonus points and points difference hasn't filtered in to the squad. It's the age old one game at a time, where first and foremost I want to see a massive improvement in defence and the ability to confidently & patiently play through phases going forward.

9 hours ago, nelsonRFC82 said:

Your certainly more confident than I am! We need a big response & performance this morning and I hope all this talk of bonus points and points difference hasn't filtered in to the squad. It's the age old one game at a time, where first and foremost I want to see a massive improvement in defence and the ability to confidently & patiently play through phases going forward.

Going back to what I was saying. Japan may be a decent side, with home backing. However, I really can't see Scotland losing to them at all. Ireland (top) and Scotland (second) will go through as predicted at the start.

15 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Going back to what I was saying. Japan may be a decent side, with home backing. However, I really can't see Scotland losing to them at all. Ireland (top) and Scotland (second) will go through as predicted at the start.

Yeah there was probably an overreaction to the Ireland game, and particularly the poor performance. Fact is we are always capable of throwing in these dug shite performances, particularly against Ireland! However there can be no shock factor or underestimating Japan after they beat Ireland (similar to last WC after they beat SA) so would hope minds are focussed and we can go out and do the business.

Archived