***2019 Rugby World Cup Thread***

JC10

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I'm smelling a stitch up for Japan to progress at the moment.

Scotland fucked it with their abject display v Ireland. But it's been obvious for days that World Rugby are going to give Japan the quarter final place and best Scotland Rugby could hope for is some financial compensation. But even then I see them getting fuck all. 

Shame it should be decided on the field but an "Act of God" excuse from World Rugby will see Japan progress.

26 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Scotland fucked it with their abject display v Ireland. But it's been obvious for days that World Rugby are going to give Japan the quarter final place and best Scotland Rugby could hope for is some financial compensation. But even then I see them getting fuck all. 

Shame it should be decided on the field but an "Act of God" excuse from World Rugby will see Japan progress.

If this happens during a KO round, then who decides the winners??? The WRU rules are flimsy, and Scotland should demand a postponement - as this is effectively a KO match. It's not good for the tournament - particularly as there is a long stretch between the QF round. However, I think it is futile and Japan will be given the walkover - I guess we will find out in an hour.

27 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

If this happens during a KO round, then who decides the winners??? The WRU rules are flimsy, and Scotland should demand a postponement - as this is effectively a KO match. It's not good for the tournament - particularly as there is a long stretch between the QF round. However, I think it is futile and Japan will be given the walkover - I guess we will find out in an hour.

Knockout rounds can be moved. 

38 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Exactly, so why curtail the rule to the group match?? Flimsy rules, the SRFU may have an argument if it ends up cancelled tommorow.

No doubt it will get changed after the WC. Hopefully the game goes ahead tomorrow, but if it doesn't I cant see it being moved. Italy and France have both already been screwed over. 

2 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Exactly, so why curtail the rule to the group match?? Flimsy rules, the SRFU may have an argument if it ends up cancelled tommorow.

Sure it happened 8 years ago in NZ with the earthquake, Scotland’s game was moved about 150 miles but still went ahead. 

Archived