***Official Europa League Thread 19/20***

.Williamson.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Yeah mate the whole country is so far up their own arses it's unreal. And they haven't been performing well enough in Europe the last 10/11 years to warrant it at all. Liverpool twice and Spurs once making Champions League finals recently but other than that quite poor compared to 8 CL finalists for Spain and 5 for Germany

Man U and Chelsea in the past ten in the Champions League too I think. Liverpool and Chelsea have both been in the final of the Europa League in that time too. All four teams in the Finals last year were English though, but its all swings and roundabouts. Countries go through spells dominating so its pointless for them to go on about it like they own the world because the next season they could totally flop.

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

He said Lukaku would have got a 'shot away' so its denying a goalscoring opportunity. I've heard him say the opposite with players 'going away' from the goals argument used. 😅

If its the middle of the penalty area, definitely a red card imo, but as he was going very wide I think the ref got it correct. Its not clear cut as Savage claims, either way.

Surprised he went against the on field ref and VAR. Probably because they are foreign and aren't his pals :lol: 

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

Man U, and Chelsea in the past ten in the Champions League too I think. Liverpool and Chelsea have both been in the final of the Europa League in that time too. All four teams in the Finals last year were English though, but its all swings and roundabouts. Countries go through spells dominating so its pointless for them to go on about it like they own the world because the next season they could totally flop.

Cut off my stat the season after Man Utd and Chelsea. Europa League fair enough but that skews it way more into Spain's favour again with 4 wins for Sevilla and 3 for Atletico. Spain have been by far the most dominant country in Europe this decade. As we both agree though I'm sure, certainly not done anything to suggest they are some kind of elite power in European football to warrant any kind of snobbery to other leagues 

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I seen a post on redcafe the other day that said Eintracht Frankfurt would be relegation candidates in EPL. 😅

EPL fanboys are worse than the commentators.

That's one of the best football forums around too. I've never been a member there, for obvious reasons, but I do read it from time to time. I read RAWK now and again because its often like Kerrydale and comedy gold, but I've given it a miss this season :lol: 

Winners of the CL and EL is swings and roundabouts but there aren’t too many clubs outside of Germany, England, Italy, Spain and France who get there names on the trophy.   

What would it take for a Rangers side to get to a final again? Maybe the last 16 was one hell of an achievement?

26 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Who else in Europe has players like Banega who'd rip your wig off and steal your hubcaps in a second whilst bossing a midfield? 

I like Conte and his hair transplant is a topper...

But that's fucking class. Right under his skin. :lol: 

Archived